Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yort1919

MAKE THIS BLOCKBUSTER DEAL???

I'd do the deal for Mauer (assuming its the same price as the V-Mart deal). I'd also deal Nathan as well, and see what you can get. Probably should go after a 1B with Nathan. Right now, the Jays, Orioles, Rays, Royals (If Soria is traded), Tigers (Ryan Perry- darkhorse IMO), Mariners, could all have openings at closer if a few things happen. So I'd trade the stud closers, and see which one you can pick up late in the draft. Maybe someone like Brandon League in Toronto, who could get a chance to close.

See if anyone wants Figgins as well. If you get a good price on him, I'd deal him, just to avoid the risk of getting nothing from him if he moves to the NL.

I would rather have Mauer. He is the better hitting catcher overall than Vmart.

I'd do the deal for Mauer (assuming its the same price as the V-Mart deal). I'd also deal Nathan as well, and see what you can get. Probably should go after a 1B with Nathan. Right now, the Jays, Orioles, Rays, Royals (If Soria is traded), Tigers (Ryan Perry- darkhorse IMO), Mariners, could all have openings at closer if a few things happen. So I'd trade the stud closers, and see which one you can pick up late in the draft. Maybe someone like Brandon League in Toronto, who could get a chance to close.

See if anyone wants Figgins as well. If you get a good price on him, I'd deal him, just to avoid the risk of getting nothing from him if he moves to the NL.

So out of the teams you listed, who do you think will be the possible closers? Also if Figgins does sign in the AL....which team will want his services or could afford them?

Chone Figgins

I tihnk he resigns with LA.

Do you think the Angels will trade Brandon Wood away if they resign Figgins? Or will he be there starting DH?

Do you think the Angels will trade Brandon Wood away if they resign Figgins? Or will he be there starting DH?

Wood was LAA's one of their top prospects, I don't see them dealing him away as they wanna get him more PT and more involved in the offense going forward.

Figgins could maybe be on the move and have a new home in 2010. Or perhaps he might sign for less $$$ to stick around.

Also isn't Vlad a FA as well? or does he have one more year + an option. I think something like that.

But i could see Vladdy staying & Figgy going.

I doubt they'd deal him. They're still high on him, even if he hasn't done much at the MLB level.

I doubt they'd deal him. They're still high on him, even if he hasn't done much at the MLB level.

I think Brandon Wood is a bench player at best....FOR NOW!!! He hasn't done anything to prove that he deserves a starting job at the major league level. The Angels have the money to fill the position that Wood might get. So IMO Brandon Wood is nothing more than a bench player on the Angels. If he goes somewhere else maybe he develops into something that the Angels once thought he might be.

LAA is gonna keep Wood for a long time i think. They have alot of hopes for him going forward. Figgins is over 30 years old and has been injury prone the past couple of seasons. I think they will save some money and let him walk as a FA.

LAA is gonna keep Wood for a long time i think. They have alot of hopes for him going forward. Figgins is over 30 years old and has been injury prone the past couple of seasons. I think they will save some money and let him walk as a FA.

So who has the money to sign Figgy if the Angels don't resign him?

So who has the money to sign Figgy if the Angels don't resign him?

Good question, there are a few teams that could use a 3B man or a Utility / Infield player.

Seattle ( Beltre is a FA and won't be back next year )

Yankees

Redsox

St. Louis ( Glaus is finished over there )

Those are the few teams that came into my head. But there are some others that may like to sign Figgy up i'm sure. He gives you SB's , Runs , Nice BA , hits too.

Good question, there are a few teams that could use a 3B man or a Utility / Infield player.

Seattle ( Beltre is a FA and won't be back next year )

Yankees

Redsox

St. Louis ( Glaus is finished over there )

Those are the few teams that came into my head. But there are some others that may like to sign Figgy up i'm sure. He gives you SB's , Runs , Nice BA , hits too.

Well after today's trade he might end up in KC

Well after today's trade he might end up in KC

That could happen. KC could use Figgins now with Teahen Traded and now playing for White sox.

That could happen. KC could use Figgins now with Teahen Traded and now playing for White sox.

Well last report says that the CWS and KC trade was just rumor. UH OH where is Figgy going now???

Well last report says that the CWS and KC trade was just rumor. UH OH where is Figgy going now???

Figgy might sit all alone as a FA and waiting for someone to sign him up. But a team could call LAA and offer Figgins a deal. Which team that is and could be is unknown at this point.

Figgy might sit all alone as a FA and waiting for someone to sign him up. But a team could call LAA and offer Figgins a deal. Which team that is and could be is unknown at this point.

So with the NYY this offseason, who will stay and who will leave the team? Pitchers? Hitters?

So with the NYY this offseason, who will stay and who will leave the team? Pitchers? Hitters?

I think pretty much everyone stays. I'd guess they re-sign Damon to a 2 year deal. Matsui could go back to Japan and Pettitte could retire, but pretty much everyone else is still signed.

I think Figgy could go to the NL moreso than him staying in the AL. His game suits the NL more, and a whole bunch of teams with money could use him there.

I think Chone will be gone. He's a little overpriced and tends to get injured (although 2009 was a pretty solid campaign statistically and health-wise). I DO think the Angels have Wood at 3b...it's time for him to step up. A gamble on LAA's part, but it's part of team building.

Pettitte will probably be back as is Damon. Matsui will probably play in japan or Seattle w/ Ichiro. They know each other well from their yrs over in Japan.

Everyone else on Yanks will be back as well.

Also Philly is not gonna resign Feliz per Rotoworld, so perhaps Figgy could go there. Phillies need a 3B man now.

Pettitte will probably be back as is Damon. Matsui will probably play in japan or Seattle w/ Ichiro. They know each other well from their yrs over in Japan.

Also Philly is not gonna resign Feliz per Rotoworld, so perhaps Figgy could go there. Phillies need a 3B man now.

what about the blue jays? they could use and afford Figgy?

I think Philly would be more likely to spend on Beltre than Figgs (just a gut feeling).

How was Beltre's D this year?

I think Philly would be more likely to spend on Beltre than Figgs (just a gut feeling).

How was Beltre's D this year?

Not too good. Beltre landed on the DL twice this year and got hit in the groin by a ball B) had surgery as well. so he will have some injury concers going into next year. But RW just said that Philly will not offer Perdo Feliz an option and will let him walk as a FA. Either Beltre or Figgins would be a nice fit over there as new 3B man.