Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bloodface

Who Do You Like?

Outta the following, if you had to pick 5, who would be the one left out?

Andy Marte

German Duran

Desmond Jennings

Yohan Pino

Asdrubal Cabrera

Bubba Bell

I would leave out Bubba Bell. He is 25, therefore, dominating high A isnt all that impressive. Furthermore, he has struggled in his AA debut. I am a strong beleiver that AA makes/breaks prospects. Although it is only a handful of atbats, his age is the major reason why I leave him off the list.

Thanks for the reply! I thought no one would touch this.

Ultimately, and I may regret this, I dropped Marte instead. I have a plethora of third base options. Eric Chavez, Alex Gordon, Billy Rowell, Chris Marrero, Angel Villalona, etc. What I needed to do was pick up Desmond Jennings as soon as possible (if you haven't and he's available, get on it), and I had to remove one dude. It was between Duran and Marte, though i considered the others as well. Teagarden and Whittleman are both available as well, and I'd like to grab them, but for who i have no idea. I've got a total weird thing for Duran, as I can't find a single thing about him, and while his park may help his numbers, what he's done in the Texas League can't be looked at as mere fluke anymore. He won the freakin' HR derby.

All I've read in terms of negatives is in regards to his glove, which someone over at HQ said was average, and that it wouldn't play in the Majors. I can't find any info about his glove though. Anyway, I wouldn't drop Bell yet over such a small sample size, considering what he did in A ball, regardless if it was at Lancaster. He gets at least a few months in order to work on it. Justin Upton hasn't hit a home run in a month, but I'm certainly not giving up on him yet. Ultimately though, you may be right, and why I included him on the list.

Thanks for the reply! I thought no one would touch this.

Ultimately, and I may regret this, I dropped Marte instead. I have a plethora of third base options. Eric Chavez, Alex Gordon, Billy Rowell, Chris Marrero, Angel Villalona, etc. What I needed to do was pick up Desmond Jennings as soon as possible (if you haven't and he's available, get on it), and I had to remove one dude. It was between Duran and Marte, though i considered the others as well. Teagarden and Whittleman are both available as well, and I'd like to grab them, but for who i have no idea. I've got a total weird thing for Duran, as I can't find a single thing about him, and while his park may help his numbers, what he's done in the Texas League can't be looked at as mere fluke anymore. He won the freakin' HR derby.

All I've read in terms of negatives is in regards to his glove, which someone over at HQ said was average, and that it wouldn't play in the Majors. I can't find any info about his glove though. Anyway, I wouldn't drop Bell yet over such a small sample size, considering what he did in A ball, regardless if it was at Lancaster. He gets at least a few months in order to work on it. Justin Upton hasn't hit a home run in a month, but I'm certainly not giving up on him yet. Ultimately though, you may be right, and why I included him on the list.

are all these guys low a-ball?

I'd have dropped Bell too. I'm not ready to give up on Marte- he has been bounced around a lot and I do think *just my own opinion* but being bounced around from org. to org. at a young age is extremely detrimental to the development of a player.

Your reasons are valid, though. I just like Marte still.

I think Pino & Jennings are the only ones in A ball. Bell was just called up.