Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dundeeslugger

Scott Rolen

It's the 13th round and I currently have A. Ram and I was going to have Thome and Cuddyer as my Utility with an OF of Sizemore, Matsui and unpicked

but Scott Rolen may still be availalable when it gets around to me. He is the highest valued hitter according to my cheatsheets left by a large margin.

Should I pick up Rolen and play him at utility with Cuddyer at OF?

10 team start 1 @ each infield, 3 OF, 2utility 6 pitchers(any comb) 1 reserve hitter 11 reserve pitchers (daily roster)

1B - Singles 1 point

2B - Doubles 2 points

3B - Triples 3 points

BB - Walks (Batters) 1 point

CS - Caught Stealing -1 point

HR - Home Runs 4 points

KO - Strikeouts (Batter) -1 point

R - Runs 2 points

RBI - Runs Batted In 2 points

SB - Stolen Bases 2 points

I doubt that putting Scott Rolen in your UTIL spot would do you any good.

I dunno, I hear Rolen can bust the treys with the best of them...

OK, so you posted in the wrong forum.

I dunno, it depends on the rest of your team. Personally, I think Rolen in the 13th round of any league (8, 10 or 12 team) is a steal regardless of his injury history. I am not hip on Cuddyear but usually you can find other OFs as the season goes along, especially with early season call ups or rookies who play well.

Good Luck!

Adminstrator - could you please move his post to the correct forum so that he can get broader feedback!

I agree, get J-smoove is the highest rated 3rd baseman imo. You need his blocks for your fielding percentage.

Rolen in the 13th is a no-brainer. I'd just put him at 3rd and trade A-Ram for a great OFer or starter or whatever you need.

A similar thing happened to me in a draft this year(12 team). I took Glaus in the 6th as he was the best SS available(he is SS eligible in Yahoo.) Later on I noticed Carlos Guillen had dropped to the 12th round which is far too late so I snagged him and traded Glaus afterwards(with A.J. Burnett) for Brandon Webb.