Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrQuestions

Trade Help Please - WHIR!

Standard Scoring. 12 team league, starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX (QB\RB\WR\TE), 1 K, 1 DST

I give Slaton and Marshall to get Jacobs and Smith.

My Team:

QB: Brady (Stafford)

RB: CJ424

RB: Slaton (Bradshaw, Choice, Ward)

WR: R.White

WR: Djax

WR: BMarshall (Massaquoi, Bennett, Nicks)

TE: D. Clark

Flex: Schaub

DST: streaming

K: Who cares

Here's what I'm thinking... I'm 3-2 right now... Should prolly be 4-1 or 5-0 but bad luck...

Slaton's value is way down and his coach is losing confidence, BUT he has a good playoff schedule compared to Jacobs and I have a good enough team to make it. Jacobs is still more valuable though, PLUS I have Bradshaw on my squad. I also don't like having Slaton and Schaub because if Houston sucks it up it hurts me.

For the WRs... I'm not so sure Steve Smith isn't worth more than Brandon Marshall either. He certainly doesn't lack for targets, and both guys have bad QBs although Marshall's is better.

What do you guys think? It seems to me I'd be getting the better end of this on both counts.

Standard Scoring. 12 team league, starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX (QB\RB\WR\TE), 1 K, 1 DST

I give Slaton and Marshall to get Jacobs and Smith.

My Team:

QB: Brady (Stafford)

RB: CJ424

RB: Slaton (Bradshaw, Choice, Ward)

WR: R.White

WR: Djax

WR: BMarshall (Massaquoi, Bennett, Nicks)

TE: D. Clark

Flex: Schaub

DST: streaming

K: Who cares

Here's what I'm thinking... I'm 3-2 right now... Should prolly be 4-1 or 5-0 but bad luck...

Slaton's value is way down and his coach is losing confidence, BUT he has a good playoff schedule compared to Jacobs and I have a good enough team to make it. Jacobs is still more valuable though, PLUS I have Bradshaw on my squad. I also don't like having Slaton and Schaub because if Houston sucks it up it hurts me.

For the WRs... I'm not so sure Steve Smith isn't worth more than Brandon Marshall either. He certainly doesn't lack for targets, and both guys have bad QBs although Marshall's is better.

What do you guys think? It seems to me I'd be getting the better end of this on both counts.

i guess i get your logic, but i think id stick with what you got... steve smith doesnt have another receiver to take any pressure off, and chris brown hasnt been successful in goal line situations so slaton might get more chances there...

Yeah actually I originally offered Slaton for Jacobs straight up and it got countered with Bmarsh+Slaton for Smith+Jacobs

The other thing I love is that Smith already had his bye, so if I do this trade all my WRs have already had their bye week.

Id probably do that trade. Like mentioned, Slaton's coach is losing confidence, and I think Jacobs turns it around. I dont think Carolina will be this bad all season, so I can see Steve Smith's stats picking up sooner or later.

Thanks for the reply to my post.

No way I would do this trade

It's very close, but make the deal. Jacobs will get things going and Smith is a gamer. Slaton is a crapshoot this season and Marshall is hard to figure out.

I dont think I would do this trade. S. smith does not have more value than Marshall. Slaton and Jacobs are a push, with slaton having a favorable playoff schedule.

I have watched all the carolina games this year (NFL sunday ticket FTW) and they are bad. I would stay away from them fantasy wise. However, I may be a little butthurt because of Dwilly's lackluster performances.

Stay put until something better comes around.

I like this trade for you because you lock in the Giants run game which in standard scoring is GOLD!

The Marshall/SS trade isn't an issue really. In fact I think your getting Smith at a buy low right now.

Thanks for answering mine.

DO IT NOW! The td's will eventually come and Slaton is losing goal line touches to Chris Brown. Smitty and Delhomme will eventually get it going. Expect 7-10 tds this year from Smitty. Yes, Marshall is looking beastly but I think you have the depth to make up for it. I have no confidence in Slaton OR the Texan running game.

I dont think I would do this trade. S. smith does not have more value than Marshall. Slaton and Jacobs are a push, with slaton having a favorable playoff schedule.

I have watched all the carolina games this year (NFL sunday ticket FTW) and they are bad. I would stay away from them fantasy wise. However, I may be a little butthurt because of Dwilly's lackluster performances.

Stay put until something better comes around.

This one is hard but I think I agree with Time_to_Panic, I think this trade is a push I was high on Jacobs this year but after watching his last couple of game it just looks like the guy isn't hungry while Bradshaw is running like his life is on the line every play.

I think Jacobs may be falling victim to the "Big Contract Syndrome". As much as I love Steve Smith I owned the guy last year, Marshall is playing for one of those Big Contracts on a team that has a great Defense that gives the Denver offense great field position and they play in a weak division, while the Panthers are just a bad football team with a QB that has zero confidence.

I would stick with slaton and marshall. I think marshall will out perform smith for the rest of the season and although i think both jacobs and slaton will get better as the season progresses i think the lack of competition for slaton will make him more valueable. The giants have bradshaw to take all the 3rd downs and any two minute drills. With slatons recieving ability he can stay in the game on third downs and in the two minute drills. Also since slaton catches balls he will still contribute even when HOU is behind. The giants will undoubtably be blowing people out by enough that jacobs will be out midway through the 4th.

I would stick with what you have. Marshall will be solid the rest of the way. Slaton Vs. Jacobs is a push. Eli is throwing more and Bradshaw is stealing carries. At least Slaton can catch the ball which Jacobs doesn't do. I'm not sold on Smith turning it around for the rest of the year.

The other problem is you would have to play Choice and Ward in week 10 when Bradshaw and Jacobs would be on a buy. Ugh.

Keep your team how it is. Slaton should pick it up, and Bradshaw might end up being better than Jacobs anyways with his 7 to 8 yards per carry.

I wouldnt do the trade. u already have Bradshaw, and the few years i saw from Jacobs he has never been a great fantasy rb. Marshall is starting to pick his play and Steve Smith doesnt look that great with Jake as his QB this year

dont do it

i have smith and marshall myself.....i trust marshall more than steve smith.

and i think slaton and jacobs are pretty much even....so id stick with what you got.

1. Houston SUCKS late in the season, and will continue to do so even though the Titans are having a bad year. Having Shaub and Slaton could be a real liability.

2. Steve Smith really needs to pick it up.

These are the two things I would consider. Jacobs should be better than Slaton as the season progresses, so it really comes down to whether you believe Smith is gonna improve as the season progresses. I think he will. He's just too good not to. Will he get to be better than Marshall points wise? IDK, but its worth a shot when you consider you will be unloading the Texans liability.

Do it.

Also, thanks for getting my thread earlier.

Totally disagree with Oilsooner's statement.

Schaub, and AJ are gold. Daniels and Slaton aren't too bad either. Houston always playing from behind = Fantasy points.

Stay, stay, stay, stay, stay.

Unfortunately you have Slaton in a non-ppr league, so his value is slightly lower than others who have high value for him (as I do in my PPR). Slaton has looked bad, but in PPR he's actually a solid RB2.

Now for your situation, Slaton isn't such a great option at the moment. Slaton's schedule isn't awesome going forward, but it isn't bad. Slaton is best when he's got room to run, hence the need for his recieving abilities. Slaton was 1 yard out from getting a TD run last week, but Brown was brought in, twice, to get stuffed both times!! Kubiak should lose some confidence in Brown, with his fumble 2 weeks ago, and no coverting the goal line scores. Slaton is on a pass heavy team, but he's recieving a lot of those passes, so not all is bad

Jacobs on the other hand, doesn't catch, doesn't break off huge runs, but gets the TD's.....well he should. But he's not!!!!

Jacobs has been a disappointment so far, as in where he was drafted, but his numbers actually aren't horrible. IN week 3, everyone expected Jacobs to get it going and start racking up the TD's and yards, but he got 1TD. Week 4, more expectation for TD's and yards...no TD's. Week 5, nothing, Bradshaw burns it up. Week 3, 4, and 5 were Jacobs' best matchups--of they year!!! He has a rough schedule going forward, and Bradshaw is looking too good not to be the one who gets the yardage.

Slaton tops Jacobs at the moment-----AND going forward!!! Slaton wins

I'll make WR shorter.

Marshall, looking great as of late. It's obvoius McDaniels makes a lot of playcalls for Marshall. And in my honest opinion, there are few better than Marshall for YAC. He's gonna get better and better going forward.

And Steve Smith may be the only one bettter than Marshall for YAC!! Unfortunately, he's on a horrendous team. Carolina's schedule is very nice for the upcoming 3 weeks, but gets a little tougher afterwards.

With Marshall outproducing Steve Smith at the moment, and getting going much sooner than Smith, Marshall is going to end up with equal, or better, value than Smith at the end of the season. I agree with above poster, Carolina is ugly to watch, Denver doesn't look awesome, but they are mechanical in their schemes and playcalls, meaning if Marshall was meant to get screen pass, he'll get it, and he'll make a play outta it. I'll take that over Smith big play for Carolina any day.

I edge towards Marshall by a moderate amount.

Keep your players, you have better value at the moment, and there is no reason to believe that the trade offered players will begin to produce in the future---they haven't yet, so why give up solid play for hopeful play.

Hope it helps