Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrQuestions

Trade Help Please - WHIR!

Wow this is a pretty controversial trade.

I'm paralyzed by indecision!

Anybody else want to weigh in? I see great arguments for both sides..

I asked Evan Silva and he thinks it's a trade I have to make without looking back...

I think he's right, but I can feel the buyers remorse setting in already... B)

I'd try to work it so you don't have to give up Marshall. (If you weren't giving Marsh and it was Slat/Jacobs I'd say do it.)

Right now I'd just say follow your gut, your giving up a buy low and getting a buy low in terms of RB, take which one you like better the rest of the way.

It's obviously a tough call (based on all the discussion), but I'd lean towards pulling the trigger. In standard leagues, I think Jacobs is definitely a cut about Slaton and I think Smith vs Marshall is pretty much a wash. Slaton/Marshall is probably a little riskier with higher potential reward, in my eyes, which isn't something you need to deal with given that you have a strong team.

Thanks for the help on mine.

I also say to stay put. Id rather have Slaton and Marshall than Smith and Jacobs

Id probably do that trade. Like mentioned, Slaton's coach is losing confidence, and I think Jacobs turns it around. I dont think Carolina will be this bad all season, so I can see Steve Smith's stats picking up sooner or later.

I agree!

Standard Scoring. 12 team league, starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX (QB\RB\WR\TE), 1 K, 1 DST

I give Slaton and Marshall to get Jacobs and Smith.

My Team:

QB: Brady (Stafford)

RB: CJ424

RB: Slaton (Bradshaw, Choice, Ward)

WR: R.White

WR: Djax

WR: BMarshall (Massaquoi, Bennett, Nicks)

TE: D. Clark

Flex: Schaub

DST: streaming

K: Who cares

Here's what I'm thinking... I'm 3-2 right now... Should prolly be 4-1 or 5-0 but bad luck...

Slaton's value is way down and his coach is losing confidence, BUT he has a good playoff schedule compared to Jacobs and I have a good enough team to make it. Jacobs is still more valuable though, PLUS I have Bradshaw on my squad. I also don't like having Slaton and Schaub because if Houston sucks it up it hurts me.

For the WRs... I'm not so sure Steve Smith isn't worth more than Brandon Marshall either. He certainly doesn't lack for targets, and both guys have bad QBs although Marshall's is better.

What do you guys think? It seems to me I'd be getting the better end of this on both counts.

I say do NOT do this trade.

Marshall is really heating up - the Denver offense is syncing as a whole - and by trading now, you are getting rid of him right at the beginning of what should be a nice run. If you want to get rid of him, wait a few weeks for his value to increase.

Slaton is another case of "selling low." He isn't as bad as he's been recently. You drafted him, you held onto him for 5 weeks - you are selling for a price lower than you've paid.

Brandon Jacobs - Bradshaw cuts into him, I see him getting hurt any week now, and NYG apparently loves to air it out.

Steve Smith - bad QB throwing to him, and no other CAR WR taking away attention. Not a good recipe.

hehe yea it's a tough question. I like Jacobs in standard than to Slaton. Slaton now only has true value in PPR. Steve Smith is a good buy low candidate right now. I say do the deal. Jacobs will get into the endzone eventually consistently from here on out IMO. Marshall is on a good team with a solid defense with an efficient QB with a strong running game. I like him but Smith is a beast.

I slightly say go for the trade but not by much.

Sorry for taking so long to respond from yesterday. Had issues with the internet.

I am against doing this trade. Marshall is starting to pick it up. The Denver offense is starting to really sync and I would not be comfortable trading Marshall now for Smith, though Smith is buy low. With that Carolina offense and nobody to take the attention off of Smith, I think Smith is a buy low, stay low.

Jacobs and Slaton is a wash, but I do like the Houston playoff match ups. I think long term, I like Jacobs, but not by much as I think he's gonna get it going soon. Slaton's true value now is in PPR.

Given that, I would NOT do this trade.

Thanks again for the help yesterday.

Don't give up marshall, go slayton for jacobs if you want jacobs. Otherwise Bradshaw for Smith if they want Bshaw.

I'd do the deal. You get the proven fairly consistent players when healthy and have Jacobs insurance in Bradshaw. Plus Smith had his bye already.

Thanks for your help on mine.

STICK WITH UR TEAM

Idk i see you losing outright in both respects. Im a huge giants fan and Bradshaw is clearly better than Jacobs right now. Jacobs will continue to see a lot of work, but Slaton has much more potential. I also think Marshall is clearly better than Smith. The Panthers are not going anywhere this year. Marshall is getting better every week. Dont make this trade

Standard Scoring. 12 team league, starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX (QB\RB\WR\TE), 1 K, 1 DST

I give Slaton and Marshall to get Jacobs and Smith.

My Team:

QB: Brady (Stafford)

RB: CJ424

RB: Slaton (Bradshaw, Choice, Ward)

WR: R.White

WR: Djax

WR: BMarshall (Massaquoi, Bennett, Nicks)

TE: D. Clark

Flex: Schaub

DST: streaming

K: Who cares

Here's what I'm thinking... I'm 3-2 right now... Should prolly be 4-1 or 5-0 but bad luck...

Slaton's value is way down and his coach is losing confidence, BUT he has a good playoff schedule compared to Jacobs and I have a good enough team to make it. Jacobs is still more valuable though, PLUS I have Bradshaw on my squad. I also don't like having Slaton and Schaub because if Houston sucks it up it hurts me.

For the WRs... I'm not so sure Steve Smith isn't worth more than Brandon Marshall either. He certainly doesn't lack for targets, and both guys have bad QBs although Marshall's is better.

What do you guys think? It seems to me I'd be getting the better end of this on both counts.

Thanks for helping with mine!

I would do that trade.. It looks like you are getting more in the trade. Slaton is slowly losing his value, so do it.

Thanks for the help on mine. I think I would stand pay here. Marshall has been awesome the past two weeks and it looks like he has his head back in the game. Slaton is no longer a must start like last year but he can definitely be put in based on matchups....and I like his playoff schedule.