Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ALong13

Wallace close to deal with Bobcats...

Here are 2 reports saying the Bobcats and Wallace are getting closer to a deal somewhere around 60 million.

League sources have indicated that the Charlotte Bobcats may be close to agreeing to contract terms with Gerald Wallace. Although exact details of the deal are not yet known, the contract is believed to be worth more than $60-million dollars.

Free agents cannot officially sign their new contracts until Wednesday.

The Bobcats have maintained that re-signing Wallace is the priority of their offseason.

More on this story as it develops.

- http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_22671.shtml

And...

Charlotte Observer -

Those around the Bobcats expect to re-sign Gerald Wallace very soon to a contract worth more than $60 million, the Charlotte Observer is reporting.

Wallace, who finished the season strong for Charlotte, averaged 18.1ppg, 7.2rpg and 2.6apg in 2006/07Charlotte Observer -

Those around the Bobcats expect to re-sign Gerald Wallace very soon to a contract worth more than $60 million, the Charlotte Observer is reporting.

Wallace, who finished the season strong for Charlotte, averaged 18.1ppg, 7.2rpg and 2.6apg in 2006/07

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives..._for_more_than_

Great news for the Bobcats if this is true... Crash, J-Rich, and Okafor could be a powerforce that could easily put them in playoff contention...

Here are 2 reports saying the Bobcats and Wallace are getting closer to a deal somewhere around 60 million.

And...

Great news for the Bobcats if this is true... Crash, J-Rich, and Okafor could be a powerforce that could easily put them in playoff contention...

That's a lot of cash for someone as injury prone as Wallace. Oh well, good for the Bobcats. I do think that roster has a lot of potential.

He's not that injury proned, he only missed 10 games last year...Plus that was what he was scheduled to make anyways...so not really a surprise...

Six seasons now, and he's only topped 55 games twice. Of course, those early years in Sacto he was buried on the bench. Still, I conceive of him as an injury prone guy. He'll get on these great runs, and then he'll pick up some sort of injury. I can count numerous times where it's happened in my memories (from fantasy basketball).

wallace is always an injury risk cuz he plays like an idiot. hes the ryan freel of basketball cuz he has no regard for his own body.

he's not worth 60+ mill IMO. hes got a very limited game offensively and hes an overrated defender cuz he fills up stats sheets. his man defense really isnt all that great. bobcats should sign and trade for a veteran combo guard and/or a vet big man that can shoot. theyve got a decent core they just need to acquire some quality, experienced depth to complement all their youngsters.