Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Code of Hammurabi

"the noble one"

What do people see this year? I think he's got a real chance to outperfrom his draft value. He's ADP is around the 9th round or so. His offense is never going to be top notch, but it is ever improving it seems. You could really see the year over year improvement last year in that series against the Celtics. I see a line like this for 2009-2010. Clearly a great Center number 2 option. Thoughts?

11.3ppg-10.1rpg-1.5apg-54.5%fgs-71%fts-1.8 blocks-.8 steals-1.5 tos

I've read a lot of positive things about him and how he's ready to take the next step.

I believe he bulked up a little bit and he's starting to mature a little more...

His energy is unmatched and I hope that leads to an increase in rebounds and blocks. Picked him up in the 10th round of my draft as a C2

11.3ppg-10.1rpg-1.5apg-54.5%fgs-71%fts-1.8 blocks-.8 steals-1.5 tos

11.3 ppg seems a little high. I would say 9.5 ppg/9.7rpg/65%fts everything else seems about right.

I was never a fan of him, but he put up solid numbers. I never thought he would become anything in this league. But he looks to be a solid rebound shot blocker, could be the safe choice over Oden.

Noah looks active out there for sure!

If he can win the minutes war in Chicago he definitely brings +stats to the table. He's basically manning the position I had hoped Randolph would play for me this season on my team. I wish he could shoot FT's just a little better. If he could he'd be in that 14/10 range. As it is he's a work in progress who I think will be very valuable to any guy who owns him. His negatives don't really hurt you since he's not shooting many FT's and if you drafted him in the right place you should have plenty of scoring around him.

Just like mr brooks, i drafted noah as well. i actually think this was a subpar line from what we can see on many nights considering he was going up against tim duncan. I fully expect him to dominate the smaller front lines and in between then average 10-11 board night, well see some 18 board gems as well. 1.7 blocks seems possible too with close to a steal a game. Hell essentially be a lesser version of a prime ben wallace. Almost no scoring but contributions in every defensive cat. Hell have the ft shooting problem as well.

i wouldnt be shocked at all to see Noah improve his scoring into the high tweens or low teens. if the kid gets enough minutes his hustle can create enough offense. a slight improvement in free throw percentage and slightly more aggressive offensively. he could surprise with assists some too. one to watch as he will deliver.

picked him up 100th overall in 14 team league as my C2. great value if he can maintain his post-break numbers last year (high ft%)

30 minutes, 9 point, 9 boards, 1.3 blocks, 81% ft, 58% fg%

too bad you don't get any fantasy points for being ugly... he's up there with sam cassell

the noble one? wow... and just last year we were calling him the loser... how the times change.

A guy that got drafted very highly after not being a main threat in college. Obviously never going to be a guy that scores well into the double-digits, but clearly has some value as a rebounder and shot blocker. With Thomas hurt I expect him to see a small jump in minutes. With 30+ MPG I see him actually being able to keep up his 10-10-2 line. Any other believers?

I think even with Thomas healthy he can keep close to those numbers. Del Negro likes this kid. He runs well and backs down from no one.

I think even with Thomas healthy he can keep close to those numbers. Del Negro likes this kid. He runs well and backs down from no one.

I think he can stay close to the numbers with Thomas healthy too, but it's hard to get 2 BPG without being the primary shot-blocker on the court. It would be almost unheard of for two guys to combine for 4 BPG on the same team with the way blocks have been going. Last season there was only 10 guys in the league that had over 1.7 blocks per. It will be interesting to see if Noah's block production increases without Thomas.

On an aside, I don't know what has happened to blocks. As a long-time fantasy player I remember guys like Ratliff that lived off of getting huge blocks at like 3+ on a regular basis. Nowadays I was stunned to see that Anderson was amongst the league leaders last year with 2.5. Either it's become harder to get the scorers to reward blocks or the refs are calling so many more fouls at the hoop that blocks are scarce.

I think he can stay close to the numbers with Thomas healthy too, but it's hard to get 2 BPG without being the primary shot-blocker on the court. It would be almost unheard of for two guys to combine for 4 BPG on the same team with the way blocks have been going. Last season there was only 10 guys in the league that had over 1.7 blocks per. It will be interesting to see if Noah's block production increases without Thomas.

On an aside, I don't know what has happened to blocks. As a long-time fantasy player I remember guys like Ratliff that lived off of getting huge blocks at like 3+ on a regular basis. Nowadays I was stunned to see that Anderson was amongst the league leaders last year with 2.5. Either it's become harder to get the scorers to reward blocks or the refs are calling so many more fouls at the hoop that blocks are scarce.

Blocks are going down on a regular basis, mainly because there are not many true shot blocking/defensive big men any more. Many true PF/C's are being developed as finesse players that can do tons of things on the court and have versatility, which is why Greg Oden looked so enticing when he was showcasing himself in college. You are correct as well in that many of the blocks nowadays are being called as fouls, any contact even if initiated by the offensive player is almost an automatic foul call and I think in one game a couple days ago I saw Anderson lose out on 3 clean blocks because he was whistled for fouls. Throw in the fact that many of the shot blockers are either at the end of their careers or on teams where they play limited minutes and you can see how scarce this category is really becoming.

In years past you could of drafted 1 or 2 guys that could basically lock down blocks for you, now you kind of have to get help here and there from a variety of players who average between .8BPG-1.5BPG.

As for Joakim Noah, he has surprised me with his shot blocking prowess these last couple of games. I always saw him as an under the basket hustle player that would rebound/defend hard relying on position and effort rather than raw athleticism and size. Obviously his offensive game is limited, but I definitely am proven wrong by his ability to swat shots and hopefully he can keep it up with more minutes. I don't think all is lost for him on the offensive side though, he could really work on some traditional hook shots and some up-and-unders. If he does that, he could be like a Luis Scola on the offensive end.

He should be okay at 10 PTS 10 REB 1.7 BLK

This dude is playing well tonight. A steal in the 10th round.....

Made a thread about him yesterday since I couldn't find one. Forgot about the "noble one" thread. B)

I had a feeling that with Thomas out, Noah would see some of those minutes and do something with them. I definitely did not see anything like this happening. Granted expectations need to be tempered considering Charlotte's frontcourt is nonexistent, but Noah has the potential to be a huge steal this year.

I love this kid, except when he beat my Bruins two years in a row... But those days are over so go NOBLE ONE!

I love this kid, except when he beat my Bruins two years in a row... But those days are over so go NOBLE ONE!

As a college player I kind of disliked him initially due to his all around strangeness and cocky attitude. I thought it was hilarious when the cheerleaders were making fun of him. As he's progressed as a college and now pro player I've seen a hustle guy that really is the type of player every team needs. He's basically Varajeo, but with a bit more of a knack for the game. The essence of a "glue guy."

Lol, yeah I remember that. I think his words were something like, "You know it hurt, having such beautiful girls call me ugly".

Wow, Noah's going nuts tonight. I never expected a 21/16 4 block + game from him.

As a college player I kind of disliked him initially due to his all around strangeness and cocky attitude. I thought it was hilarious when the cheerleaders were making fun of him. As he's progressed as a college and now pro player I've seen a hustle guy that really is the type of player every team needs. He's basically Varajeo, but with a bit more of a knack for the game. The essence of a "glue guy."

I only saw one of his college games (Finals, I think) and right from there I liked how he plays basketball.

Full of intensity and passion, which may not match his skill level but can definitely affect his teammates' morale.

Before this game, he was only playing around 30 mins. I think with TT out, Vinny will play Noah and Brad Miller together at the front court most of the time.