Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Code of Hammurabi

"the noble one"

i love watching this guy play. he has boundless energy.

after getting an offensive board, he made a nifty little reverse layup. the hometown announcers noted that he would have passed the ball off without even thinking about trying to score last year.

This guy is amazing value for the 10th round. Hes playing like a 5th or 6th rounder

The guy is locked in this year for 12 pts / 11 rebs / 2 blks

I'm loving his production right now.

I'd be quite pleasantly surprised if he averages a double-double with 2 blocks a game. Thomas will cut into his minutes some when he returns. I do think Noah has turned the corner and is proving he needs to be out there more than he was last season. Nights like tonight are only going to solidify his chances at getting 35 MPG, but he's definitely going to need at least that to put up the line you're calling him a lock for.

I'd be quite pleasantly surprised if he averages a double-double with 2 blocks a game. Thomas will cut into his minutes some when he returns. I do think Noah has turned the corner and is proving he needs to be out there more than he was last season. Nights like tonight are only going to solidify his chances at getting 35 MPG, but he's definitely going to need at least that to put up the line you're calling him a lock for.

I dont see why everyone thinks Thomas will automatically cut into Noahs minutes..first of all they dont play the same position. Noah is now their bonafide starting center and will be so for the remainder of the year..Tyrus needs to compete with Taj Gibson now for minutes at the PF spot when he gets back, and even Miller when they decide to play him and Noah together. Noah is by far their best defender and rebounder and will get his time on the court with or without Thomas..Noah has arrived..

I dont see why everyone thinks Thomas will automatically cut into Noahs minutes..first of all they dont play the same position. Noah is now their bonafide starting center and will be so for the remainder of the year..Tyrus needs to compete with Taj Gibson now for minutes at the PF spot when he gets back, and even Miller when they decide to play him and Noah together. Noah is by far their best defender and rebounder and will get his time on the court with or without Thomas..Noah has arrived..

Taj Gibson isn't getting enough minutes for him and Thomas to split. I can see where you're going with the whole Noah is the Center thing, but I doubt as if the roles will be that clearly defined to where Gibson and Thomas will split 48 minutes and Noah and Miller will as well. There's going to be some mixing and matching there. I'm a Noah owner, but in watching the Bulls the last couple seasons, I just can't see him getting over 35 MPG regularly with a fully healthy Bulls lineup. I would love to be wrong.

Taj Gibson isn't getting enough minutes for him and Thomas to split. I can see where you're going with the whole Noah is the Center thing, but I doubt as if the roles will be that clearly defined to where Gibson and Thomas will split 48 minutes and Noah and Miller will as well. There's going to be some mixing and matching there. I'm a Noah owner, but in watching the Bulls the last couple seasons, I just can't see him getting over 35 MPG regularly with a fully healthy Bulls lineup. I would love to be wrong.

I hear ya..but so far he is averaging around 30 mins a night and putting up Camby lite numbers..11,11,2.5 with almost 2.5blks a game and he should be around a stl a game when its all said and done..low TOs..seems legit. Even with Thomas around Noah should still get at least the 30 mins a night he has been getting..

He has been playing out of his mind! And even though I still can't believe the ridiculous lines he's putting up, I somehow believe he'll keep the train going and wouldn't sell him if I owned him in any leagues.

I hear ya..but so far he is averaging around 30 mins a night and putting up Camby lite numbers..11,11,2.5 with almost 2.5blks a game and he should be around a stl a game when its all said and done..low TOs..seems legit. Even with Thomas around Noah should still get at least the 30 mins a night he has been getting..

I would say Camby is Noah lite the way he's going righ tnow

He will keep it up. He's just getting more confidence every game he plays.

He will keep it up. He's just getting more confidence every game he plays.

The confidence is definitely there. When I got him last year in my dynasty I had such an issue with his minutes. I held strong and now he's looking like he's definitely going to be over 30 MPG. Even based on his per minute production last year if he gets 32 minutes you're looking at something like 9/10/1.8. With the improvement, I really don't see it as impossible that he can do the double-double average with 2 blocks, I'm just tempering expectations a bit, since it's more than I even expected and I think I was quite bullish on Noah coming into this year.

It was easy to see Noah on the cusp of arriving after his performance in last years playoffs against the Celtics. His energy is nonstop and coaches just cannot deny playing time for these types of hustle players. The lines are definitely reminiscent of Camby during his golden years (slightly less blocks, but better fg%). From what I have seen, I dont think 11.5ppg-13rpg-2.2 blocks is out of the question. I also think he's got a real legit shot to be most improved player this season. Def been a gem for me this season in a couple of my leagues. I'm sure this will be the last season his services can be secured in the 10th round, so I'll roll with him for the long haul I presume.

Man, did I get lucky with Noah. I got him in the last round of my draft. And I only chose him because the CBS draft software would not let me pick up Barbosa (G) or Gomes (F). It would only let me draft a center, so I took Noah. Thank god, as I already had the injured Bynum and Biedrins on my roster. With out Noah, I would be in bad shape at center. Instead, I am looking at going 3-0 (having a revived Kirlenko helps too). Sometimes it is hard to explain the luck you are given. B)

I was definitely targeting him in every single draft due to his strong performance in the playoffs last year. I didn't draft him in one league but then immediately traded for him when the season started and that has been paying off greatly.

5/11, 4/4, 14, 12, 1 ast

not a bad line tonight either. I am loving this guy so far, if 5 other Bulls wouldn't have put in double digits he would have had an even better game.

Lucky enough to have snagged him and Marc Gasol late.

Meet the leading rebounder in the NBA B)

Great line last night: 15 points, 14 rebounds, 1 stl, 2 blocks

what value for a 10th round pick

Meet the leading rebounder in the NBA B)

Great line last night: 15 points, 14 rebounds, 1 stl, 2 blocks

what value for a 10th round pick

I got him in the 10th round too. no one believed in this kid. Everyone thought Tyrus would be the big man to get on the bulls but that guy has been underachieving and selfish his whole nba career. Remember the slam dunk contest comment he made? You could definitely tell joakim was a much more passionate player from last year's playoffs. I think his goofy looks and goofy shot turn most ppl off from drafting him. He's been my saving grace this year with Biedrins going down, who i drafted in the 5th. doh.

Noah and M. Gasol have made up for the lower than hoped averages of David West and Shawn Marion on my team. Glad I got Noah, especially so late in the draft.

Watching him in some playoff game in college a few years ago was the first time I actually sat down and enjoyed college ball.

I got him in the 10th round too. no one believed in this kid. Everyone thought Tyrus would be the big man to get on the bulls but that guy has been underachieving and selfish his whole nba career. Remember the slam dunk contest comment he made? You could definitely tell joakim was a much more passionate player from last year's playoffs. I think his goofy looks and goofy shot turn most ppl off from drafting him. He's been my saving grace this year with Biedrins going down, who i drafted in the 5th. doh.

Well, the season is young... not sure if the kid will keep it up especially when tyrus comes back. I assume he'll still be good but more in between last year's stats and this year current stats, in the middle.

Well, the season is young... not sure if the kid will keep it up especially when tyrus comes back. I assume he'll still be good but more in between last year's stats and this year current stats, in the middle.

he played just as well when ty was there and the coach isnt a big fan of ty so I think a double double average with over 11boards is very possible n around 1.5 blocks.

Another beastly night from Noah. He's like a 50-50 mix of camby and ben wallace in their primes!

Another beastly night from Noah. He's like a 50-50 mix of camby and ben wallace in their primes!

Yeah Noah is great. I'm a huge Bulls fan and to be honest when The Bulls first drafted the guy I have to admit that I didn't like him. He wasn't a high upside draft pick. He is a goofy looking bastard with nappy hair and a dirt lip. He talks weird and is always sounding like an idiot in press conferences. Off court issues. He has a goofy looking shot. He tries to dribble a bit too much at times in games.

But last year once he started to get playing time I saw how hard the guy played and he went from my least favorite player on The Bulls to my favorite player on The Bulls. He just has a gritty hustle to him at all times. He plays with a ton of emotion and has a contagious never die attitude. He is also a total team first player.

Noah being my favorite Bull was especially solidified for me when he dribbled the ball up from half court on a fast break against Boston in the playoffs and power dunked it. That Bulls Celtics series was the best basketball series I've ever seen just to add.

No one in the league plays harder than this guy. He has great a rebounding technique. Even last night he was constantly getting inside position on Bynum (a top rebounder) on nearly every shot. Bynum got really lucky to get away with a few questionable over the back rebounds otherwise Noah might have had another 20 board night last night.

Noah is looking like a strong candidate to be a 12pts 12 rebs, 2 block, 2 assit type guy.

Another good thing Noah has going for him is that his father was a world class athelte. Yannick Noah was the last Frenchman to win the French open.

thoughts on the effect TYRUS will have on the noble one, upon his return?

Oh yeah, i drafted Ty in the 7th, but then my team exploded, i panicked, and dropped him after he broke his arm. i love this game.