Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JeterPimpedUrGF

My Dilemma

I would make the trade. I am not so sure that VJax isnt a top 5 receiver now. He has been pretty solid all year, in a great passing offense. Obviously Calvin is a great talent and just b/c he has been beat up you dont want to trade him. However, Calvin is dependent upon a young qb. The fact that VJax has Rivers looking his way would be enough for me. I have a feeling this guy is just starting...Good luck either way.

Im still mulling the offer.........anymore feedback?

I dont think ive ever sat on an offer for a full day before like I have with this one.

You keep talking about long-term vs. short-term...are you in a keeper league? If not just worry about the rest of the season, and look at the last couple week matchups if you think you're going to be in the playoffs.

Tough call though...I would probably keep Calvin, but it's really close.

You keep talking about long-term vs. short-term...are you in a keeper league? If not just worry about the rest of the season, and look at the last couple week matchups if you think you're going to be in the playoffs.

Tough call though...I would probably keep Calvin, but it's really close.

Yeah im in a keeper. I think I was more inclined to do this deal before I heard Calvin was back this week.

I would do the trade. Vjackson hasn't had less then 4 receptions this year and with Rivers at the helm and Gates going over the middle, there is a lot of good chances that He will have single coverage on the outside. All it takes is that one big play each game to make someone a fantasy stud and he has done that in almost every game. Also he is a big redzone target.

Take the Deal I think V-Jax is a top 5 WR in the NFL this year and next and next he is still young and has a stud QB throwing to him. DO IT.

Thanks for the help on mine

Do this trade. At worst as a keeper, I think V-Jax is a solid #1 going forward - next year included. He's on a better team, with a proven QB, better offense, easier schedule. No brainer....

I would have made the deal, but ours is not a keeper league. Since you can keep 8 players for next year.....hmmm I may not do it, especially since Calvin has almost recovered.

i agree totally w/ mr armaggedon above...

thanks for the help w/ mine

Above where.....u mean the first page lol.

Thanks for returning the favor.

Very tough call for a keeper. I'd say Calvin has very special talent, Vincent Jackson has near special talent. Over the next couple years, I'm not sure that Jackson can't keep up with or outperform Johnson just based on his situation. He's a go to guy in a much better offense. In 2-3 seasons or so, looking for 10 years beyond, I'd probably rather have Calvin Johnson. How long-term do you want to look? B)

Like another poster mentioned, injuries start being a bit of a concern too...but then again they were for Andre Johnson at one point and that seemed to go away.

Calvin is the better WR but VJax is on a team which is pass happy right now with a top notch QB.

I think you have to make this deal as Vjax has become a bonfide top 5 WR and even when Calvin comes back you have to question his health.

Calvin is the better WR but VJax is on a team which is pass happy right now with a top notch QB.

I think you have to make this deal as Vjax has become a bonfide top 5 WR and even when Calvin comes back you have to question his health.

Agree with all that was said here. Vjax is a monster and has a great QB in rivers giving him the ball. Calvin is a stud too but his health problems knock him down a peg.

I like Vincent Jackson over Calvin this year.

thanks for your help on mine

VJAX is playing the best in the NFL "right now" tough to evaluate as a keeper, but I would do it. Rivers just puts it up for him

Hey JPUG....my 2 cents...

In a keeper league with stacked teams like I'm seeing in your posts, I would have to keep Megatron. I feel he's one of your team's top assets, if not the top. V Jax is a very nice player, but Calvin has all the tools to lead the league at WR for the next 7 years. He's just too valuable to chuck because he's dinged up in the first half of this season. If I were a V Jax owner, i would pray for my player to get hot (like he is) so I can trade up for a superior talent (like he's trying).

Good luck JPUGGY!

Hey JPUG....my 2 cents...

In a keeper league with stacked teams like I'm seeing in your posts, I would have to keep Megatron. I feel he's one of your team's top assets, if not the top. V Jax is a very nice player, but Calvin has all the tools to lead the league at WR for the next 7 years. He's just too valuable to chuck because he's dinged up in the first half of this season. If I were a V Jax owner, i would pray for my player to get hot (like he is) so I can trade up for a superior talent (like he's trying).

Good luck JPUGGY!

Thanks Max. Good to hear from u and thanks very much for the reply.

I felt sorta the same way as u and with Calvin coming back this week I decided against it.

I had another deal on the table which was offered to me where I gave Boldin,H.Ward, and Braylon for R.Moss,T.Owens and C.Taylor about a week ago. I countered it without Braylon as im a Jets fan only to then see it rejected. I was willing to revisit it and do the deal this week if the other owner would have budged a bit and given a pick but he made as if he never even offered me the deal in the first place saying things like I dont like Braylon and I dont like H.Ward and then counters for both Calvin n Boldin.....no can do. Left me a bit puzzled but whatever. My thinking was that in a league with such top heavy talent that R.Moss in my lineup could have been a real difference maker and could at least be relied upon for the rest of the season unlike Boldin. Going forward I liked Boldin better because of the age issue but for now R.Moss would have worked well. Woulda then dealt him away in the offseason more than likely chasing to get Boldin back. Love that guy. In hindsight I probably shoulda taken the other owners offer when it was on the table but a few things......with all the bye weeks and with Calvin being hurt I couldnt afford to give all that depth away and I really think T.Owens is worthless going forward and while Taylor makes sense for me since Im an AP owner he really isnt anything to get excited over.

Another version I gave him was H.Ward,Boldin and my 1st rd pick in 2011 cause I didnt have one in 2010. The league is 14 teams and we keep 8 players but the 1st rd as evidenced this year was pretty darn chock full of talent for us. I thought I was workin with him but he wouldnt budge offa his demands for Calvin n Boldin. Which honestly wasnt very enticing when ur throwin R.Moss and Ocho Cinco my way for them. He ended up taking O.Daniels,(which makes no sense cause he already has a hurt C.Cooley)Palmer,a 1st rd pick this year and Colston for F.Jones,R.Moss,Warner and Ocho Cinco. I felt my deal was better but what can u do.

The good thing here is that I was able to pick up M.Floyd this week so it gives me some starting lineup insurance for awhile.