Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

irish12

Aaron Rodgers Trade Value?

9 posts in this topic

im tired of the offensive line and im scared he is going to get hurt

should i deal him for a kurt warner/rothlisberger type?? the warner owner has nothing much else on his team that i would want, dare i say rodgers straight up for warner?? he has a crazy good schedule coming up

??

Why would you target a 38y.o. QB because you're concerned about injury risk? Even though he's getting pummeled less than Rodgers, I regard his future availability as pretty sketchy nonetheless. He's on a very unlikely 1 1/2 year injury-free run after being quite injury prone for the previous 5 years.

BIg Ben I can somewhat understand - but I value Rodgers higher.

Why don't you make a lower-level deal to secure a solid backup to Rodgers? Maybe you can grab a McNabb/Alex Smith/Matt Ryan/similar-type guy to back him up. I'd prefer you go that route.

I've been thinking of offering Rodgers in a deal for Brees. I'm 8-1 and looking at the playoff schedules. Brees has Dallas and Tampa at Home. Rodgers is at Pittsburgh and home v. Seattle. I'd rather have Brees in two home games in a dome.

In a lot of leagues Rodgers is the #1 overall fantasy player (in terms of total points), you should be able to get just about any QB for him. I would target a guy like Rivers/Brees/Brady. If you want to upgrade another position, I would shoot for Palmer/Cutler/Flacco/Ryan. I would stay away from Warner. Chicago's defense has flat out sucked lately, and I think that's a bigger part of his huge game than his talent. I also wouldn't start with any offer for him straight up (unless there are other QB's with better numbers in your league). He's the top guy, so you should be having people convince you to trade straight up, not the other way around.

Thanks for the help.