Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buzz

FBaseball Money League: ONE TEAM AVAILABLE for second half! :)

Hey, Folks!

I'm glad to see that there seems to be some activity in this particular Rotoworld Matchmaker forum; the board at TMR is always dead and thus useless, when it comes to putting owners and leagues in contact.

I am sending this invite to anybody out there who might be looking for some seriously fun second-half MLB action, with added stakes and DOZENS of ways to win back cash at season's end. Please read through the info below, and if you would like to claim your spot in our excellent competition, please contact me at: u2buzz@yahoo.com

I run a 14-team H2H Yahoo money league, non-keeper, which has an entry fee of $35.oo. On our Draft Day back in April, I only had 13 of 14 slots filled 5 minutes prior to Draft, and so I "forced" a neutral team in from a different Y!Acct I access, which ultimately spared our draft slot and current season - I wanted to guarantee our season for the other 13 owners (incl myself). So, you can see that this has left us with one team which I "rescued"; it was set on Auto-Draft (nobody's fav), BUT I did take over that team's Draft after Round 20 of 30. I've also been handling all of the injury situations and Probable SPs thus far, and thus interestingly enough, this team is today sitting in the 6th Place slot (Playoffs are already in your hands!) in the 14-team Standings - pretty darn good, considering it was partial Auto-Draft.

I gave up trying to "sell off" the team early on, as I figured we would simply have the league operate the ghost team (which I've named "League Office") and then reduce the $498.oo overall prize pool by -$35.oo. However, *IF* I can still find a replacement owner here in July, I will not complain. This is where YOU come in! If this may sound of interest to you (and I can almost guarantee that the prize/payout system is the craziest you've ever seen!), here is a lil more info:

30-man Roster: C, 1B, 1B, 2B, 2B, 3B, 3B, SS, SS, LF, CF, RF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL, DL, DL

Scoring Cats: AB, R, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, E, AVG, OPS, IP, W, L, CG, SV, H, HR, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP, K/9

Your inherited 6th-place roster would be:

C - MBarrett

1B - MTeixeira, NGarciaparra

2B - RAurilia, JVidro

3B - MLowell, ABeltre

SS - RFurcal, TPenaJr

LF - CCrawford

CF - JPierre [+ RBaldelli DL]

RF - BAbreu

OF - JCust

OF - MCameron [+ SPodsednik DL]

BENCH: KMillar, JCirillo

SPs: RClemens, TLincecum, OHernandez, MCain, JMarquis, CBillingsley, CJames, DCabrera

RPs: EGagne, JAccardo, BHowry, ZGreinke, SChacon, FRodney DL, HOwens DL

So...initial inspection of the roster may make you cringe, but I remind you that this team is currently IN the playoff mix, ahead of other owners who I know are good owners from my previous leagues - trust me, several of my friends are not pleased that "LeagueOffice" is keeping them out of the playoffs currently.

Regarding the prizes we offer for the $35 entry, here are a few: we pay in-season "wildcard" prizes such as $2 every week (paid at season's end, ofcourse) for the team sitting atop the RegSeason Standings; we've already had cash prizes for the owner of the players who threw the first NoHitter (MBuerhle) and hit the first Cycle (3rd Cycle, MEllis, in this instance), prizes for the owner of the AllStarGame MVP (ISuzuki) as well as a bonus prize for the HR Derby winner MON night (VGuerrero), and All-Star Winning Pitcher (JBeckett). We also award Roto-style prizes in 10 different Stat Categories, so that by example, if your team accumulates the most combined HomeRuns, you've won $10 back right there; prizes vary from $5~$10 for the applicable Categories. If you look at the above line-up, you will see why this team sits atop the "Steals" category; right there could be a few easy bucks off of your entry fee.

Beyond the included prizes for the Champ ($125.oo, I think), Runner up + 3rd and 4th, the teams in the Final Four of the Playoffs will ALSO enter into a 4-way H2H Challenge, where all four teams' stats will be manually placed against each other over the last three weeks to determine the "4x4" competition winner, who gets an additional $60.oo; thus, the owner who wins the Yahoo Playoffs AND the 4x4 Challenge will actually win $125 + $60...not to mention the $40.oo RegSeasonChamp prize, if they also finished at #1. There are indeed other prizes which I'm sure I'm overlooking here; official info will be sent to you if you choose to jump aboard our solid competition.

For the record, "League Office" is indeed in 6th Place, altho that does place it approx 22 GB going into the Break. My personal team, "The Buzz" [you may view my Y!Profile of "u2buzz" for your reference; you'll see 2 of the 3 money leagues I commish up there, and this one is entitled "The Last Dance"] is floating up in 3rd place, down to 8 GB with a brutal defeat this week, heh heh.

If you would like to jump aboard, I have the ability as commish (Woo Hoo!) to actually swap you *into* our league and that team, assuming that you have a free Yahoo Acct with an open FBaseball league slot. No pressure on you to join, but just note that there's a good league going on that DOES have a slot open for the taking...and there are some seriously fun and creative prizes still to play for (full details by email, if interested). To join, I would simply need to know the Y!Acct that you would like to use for this league, so that I can begin the "transfer" with the Y!Sports people.

And yes...we are all rather decent players there, and otherwise good/fun guys - my guys would LOVE it, if we could add in our 14th competitor. Don't miss out on our competition, if you are indeed looking for some new action going forward; you would be in the playoffs if the season ended today! B) Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions regarding the league, system of play or my reputation/history as money league commissioner (10 money leagues commished since 2004).

Good Luck to all of you as the season just starts to heat up!

~Ken in Los Angeles

u2buzz @ yahoo.com

Change of direction: it looks as though we have FILLED this above spot. At the same time, I am finding that I may have one OTHER team, who is run by a deadbeat, non-paying 'owner' in a completely different H2H money league (remember, I run three). Considering I already have this posted, I'm simply gonna post the Roster/Settings for the new opening. Let me know if the team below interests you!

ROSTER: C, C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, LF, CF, RF, OF, UTIL, UTIL; SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, P, + 6 BENCH, 3 DL [One New BN slot will be added SEPT 01].

SCORING CATEGORIES: R, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, E, BatAvg, OPS; IP, W, L, CG, SV, -HR, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP, K/9.

Your inherited line-up:

C - JPosada

C - MBarrett

1B - PKonerko

2B - AHill

3B - SRolen

SS - RAurilia [MTejada DL]

CI - AdGonzalez

MI - CFiggins

LF - ASoriano

CF - THunter

RF - GJenkins

OF - HPence

UT - BBonds

UT - RSexson

BENCH: EAybar DL

SP: JSuppan, JGarland, JWashburn, TWakefield, OHernandez, GMaddux, BSheets, [CCarpenter DL]

RP: JNathan, JIsringhausen, CCordero, CQualls, CVillanueva, CJanssen, JSoria

Reminder: 30th Roster slot, Bench, will be added 9/01/07.

Generally, the prize payouts are very similar to the ones outlined above. This league is a 12 team H2H, with a $50.oo entry, but is also YahooPLUS, with StatTracker and all of the features; if you have Y!Free Leagues, the StatTracker will carry over to reflect Live Scoring in your Free Leagues as well. I will also consider a reduction in the entry amount, considering the team was not drafted by you. This team is currently 13 GB of the Sixth Playoff slot with 7 weeks to go. If you want to jump aboard some money league action with a bunch of prizes still to play for, contact me soon if you would like to take this other availability over - it allows for me to kick an absentee owner out with time remaining in the competition; the playoffs are still a viable possibility here.

Contact me at the above email address. Thanks for the space!