Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

glascock9

Rumor Mill: Ravens/Bears game Postponed?

40 posts in this topic

I live in Baltimore and as many of you probably know, we're getting hammered with a snow storm right now. Local news is forecasting 20-30 inches of snow. This city struggles with 6 inches of snow, so 2 feet is a pretty big deal.

Local news is also reporting the Chicago Bears are still in Chicago and their flight was grounded. The snow isn't expected to let up until early tomorrow morning and the possibility of postponement was mentioned. Even though an official postponement is still probably unlikely, what ramifications would it have on fantasy players in the game this week? Would owners of Ray Rice simply play without their star player this week? Being playoff week in most leagues, this could have a major impact on games.

Thoughts?

bears forfeit...Rice owners automatically get the 30 points he was going to get in the game, lol

edit: oh and also mcgahee is not invited

Another update....

The Bears were supposed to arrive last night. The Marriott in Baltimore is confirming they haven't checked in yet. Flight was cancelled. The team is supposedly on stand by looking for a window to fly in. They're hoping for late tonight but as I mentioned earlier, the weather is supposed to be awful until tomorrow morning.

This is gonna be interesting.

The Bears will fly into a nearby airport that isn't so bad and drive in, the show must go on.

What airport? The whole mid-atlantic is getting hit. They've just issued a blizzard warning here.

it certainly dumped here. but cancel an nfl game? no way.

but possibly postponed to later sunday night or even to monday night

it certainly dumped here. but cancel an nfl game? no way.

but possibly postponed to later sunday night or even to monday night

Latest update: The Bears sat on the plane for two hours last night before finally getting off at 12:30 a.m. The game is currently "postponed" but not "cancelled" (didn't know there was a difference).

oh sure, they will fit the game in this week.

Yet ANOTHER update: The NFL is assisting the Bears in traveling to Baltimore, however, they say it's the Bears responsibility to get here. Baltimore Washington International airport says they are NOT closed. No current plans to move the game have been made.

Everyone knew this storm was coming. Why didn't the Bears fly in early and instead wait until Friday night? They're stupid and they should forfeit the game based on pure stupidity.

Last I heard, game was moved to 4:15. Could see it moved back to Sunday night or something if necessary. The show will go on.

Everyone knew this storm was coming. Why didn't the Bears fly in early and instead wait until Friday night? They're stupid and they should forfeit the game based on pure stupidity.

Last I heard, game was moved to 4:15. Could see it moved back to Sunday night or something if necessary. The show will go on.

The Bears had a very long night last night and look to have a very long night tonight as well. Look for the Ravens to totally have their way with them tomorrow.

ray rice is going to EXPLODE

maybe, in these conditions, they will be more likely to give him goal line work? wishful thinking probably.

ray rice is going to EXPLODE

maybe, in these conditions, they will be more likely to give him goal line work? wishful thinking probably.

I have Rice myself and I'm honestly not real excited about the weather. I think it plays more to McGahee and McClain's ability then Rice's. I'm sure Rice will still get his but I don't see him having a monster day if the field is slick.

I have Rice myself and I'm honestly not real excited about the weather. I think it plays more to McGahee and McClain's ability then Rice's. I'm sure Rice will still get his but I don't see him having a monster day if the field is slick.

i hear you. for sure both those two should have a good day as well. i expect a lot of carries to go around.

but for the majority of carries, ray will get the ball.

and ray rice will be the fastest guy on the field, and he will have the added upper hand of knowing where the play is going and where the blocking will be.

he could have a huge day breaking off a series of 15 yard runs.

Everyone in America knew the weather situation. There's no excuse for Chicago not flying in earlier. I hope they forfeit, I'm going against Rice, Heap, and Mason in my semi-finals.

They better not pull some $hit like playing on Monday or Tuesday. The Pats and Oakland played in about 16 inches of snow in the playoffs, they better not accomodate the effing 5-8 Bears in week 15 of the regular season.

Rice's game isn't so much based on speed, it's based on the fact that he's hard as hell to bring down. I don't think the snow will have too much of an effect on him.

But I hear what you're saying, snow typically favors power backs. I wouldn't be surprised to see plenty of vulturing from McGahee if/when the game is played.

What if they can't get there and the Bears have to forfeit. Won't happen b/c of money, but it would be unbelievable.....That would be funny and bad news for Rice, Mason, Flacco, Cutler, and Forte owners.....

Everyone in America knew the weather situation. There's no excuse for Chicago not flying in earlier. I hope they forfeit, I'm going against Rice, Heap, and Mason in my semi-finals.

They better not pull some $hit like playing on Monday or Tuesday. The Pats and Oakland played in about 16 inches of snow in the playoffs, they better not accomodate the effing 5-8 Bears in week 15 of the regular season.

I can really see a situation where they move the game to Monday night. I don't think it is unprecedented.

Are you telling me the Bears fly commercial rather than private? Forget the weather that's just even more dumb is that nearly a BILLION DOLLAR franchise doesn't have a plane they can rent or use? LMMFAO!

Are you telling me the Bears fly commercial rather than private? Forget the weather that's just even more dumb is that nearly a BILLION DOLLAR franchise doesn't have a plane they can rent or use? LMMFAO!

why would they need a private jet? they travel eight times a year.