Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HighLanderZ

MLB '10: The Show

Haven't really played a good baseball game since MVP '05 - which was almost like playing fantasy baseball with a controller, very smooth and user friendly with A, AA, AAA rosters. How does this series compare? Might be willing to check it out.

Just got a PS3 this year so I'm looking forward to not playing a 2K baseball game. Question for vets of the series how is the MiLB system because honestly that is sadly what I look for obviously besides gameplay but is the MiLB system realistic with guys ratings potential etc.

last year i bought my ps3 just to play mlb 09 the show. i have yet to buy a second ps3 game. this game will be my second.

last year i bought my ps3 just to play mlb 09 the show. i have yet to buy a second ps3 game. this game will be my second.

Same, I still play this game but I strictly play online.

I've logged over 300+ games (my gf hates me) but it's amazing. The most realistic baseball out there and it's loads of fun.

I will definitely be purchasing this on day one.

Haven't really played a good baseball game since MVP '05 - which was almost like playing fantasy baseball with a controller, very smooth and user friendly with A, AA, AAA rosters. How does this series compare? Might be willing to check it out.
Just got a PS3 this year so I'm looking forward to not playing a 2K baseball game. Question for vets of the series how is the MiLB system because honestly that is sadly what I look for obviously besides gameplay but is the MiLB system realistic with guys ratings potential etc.

In MLB The Show, the club you choose to manage maintains a 40-man roster (25 on your MLB roster, 15 in your minors). The rosters are very accurate, so if a prospect seems likely to be on a real life 40-man roster by the end of January-ish, that should be reflected in the game by the time it is released. If not, you can always update all rosters online. You also have the power to edit any player's skill set, so you can turn your prospect into a monster if you so wish. B)

In MLB The Show, the club you choose to manage maintains a 40-man roster (25 on your MLB roster, 15 in your minors). The rosters are very accurate, so if a prospect seems likely to be on a real life 40-man roster by the end of January-ish, that should be reflected in the game by the time it is released. If not, you can always update all rosters online. You also have the power to edit any player's skill set, so you can turn your prospect into a monster if you so wish. B)

As long as I can have a team made up for Alverez Stanton Jemile Weeks ETC. I'll be happy haha. Not sure if I'll have time for this game though on launch with so many games coming out from God of War III, Heavy Rain, Splinter Cell Conviction (even though it got delayed). The first quarter of this year is stacked and I still have a back log from last year.

As long as I can have a team made up for Alverez Stanton Jemile Weeks ETC. I'll be happy haha. Not sure if I'll have time for this game though on launch with so many games coming out from God of War III, Heavy Rain, Splinter Cell Conviction (even though it got delayed). The first quarter of this year is stacked and I still have a back log from last year.

I love baseball more so than any other sport, so I love The Show b/c it is so realistic. I don't really play any other games, so no back log for me. B)

im still playing show 09...lol

im just happy they picked someone like mauer this year instead of having some overrated guy like pedroia on the cover...

my only complaint about the actual game itself is that u arent allowed to edit names of the minor leaguers...so ur respective minor league team may have a player that plays the similar position and similar skill set as his real life counterpart...yet u arent allowed to change the players name...hopefully they fix that

the rest of the show is fantastic

I'm pretty pumped saw something on amazon you could buy it for 49 with a pre order.

Online was just too laggy for me to even try to play but I do like they having full seasons like Ncaa football.

Can't wait..

I'm pretty pumped saw something on amazon you could buy it for 49 with a pre order.

Online was just too laggy for me to even try to play but I do like they having full seasons like Ncaa football.

Can't wait..

wtf...i can only find $3 off on amazon with a preorder

wtf...i can only find $3 off on amazon with a preorder

If you ever visit cheapassgamer.com they had something on there a few weeks ago the deal is prolly gone by now.

But they have everything for game deals and what not.

sweet...never heard of the site...ill check it out...thanks for the tip

While I like the sound of most of the new features, there are other changes I'd like to see.

For ex., I get annoyed by some of the inaccurate game calling. Maybe it's just a pet peeve of mine, but I get annoyed when a pitch totally misses the strike zone & the announcer yells, "Jussst missed!" No, it did not just miss, it wasn't even close.

While I like the sound of most of the new features, there are other changes I'd like to see.

For ex., I get annoyed by some of the inaccurate game calling. Maybe it's just a pet peeve of mine, but I get annoyed when a pitch totally misses the strike zone & the announcer yells, "Jussst missed!" No, it did not just miss, it wasn't even close.

haha agree.

Also, say you have a guy on 1st base and a guy at bat. Batter strikes out by swinging at a curve ball but the ball gets away. Instinctively, I usually grab the ball and throw it to 1st only to have the baserunner dive back safely.

Annoucer: "Dropped 3rd strike but he's safe as the runner reaches at 1st"

lol

haha agree.

Also, say you have a guy on 1st base and a guy at bat. Batter strikes out by swinging at a curve ball but the ball gets away. Instinctively, I usually grab the ball and throw it to 1st only to have the baserunner dive back safely.

Annoucer: "Dropped 3rd strike but he's safe as the runner reaches at 1st"

lol

I also get annoyed when I hit a ball through the infield w/ a man on 1st & just as the OF reaches the ball, the announcer yells, "Grounder to short, this could be two!!!" Ugh. B)

My issue is that this game so visually realistic, it just breaks the realism when the announcers chime in w/ inaccuracies.

lol...i know what u guys are talkin about...

the one i use to run into most frequently is the guy at the end of the game always saying..."if this game holds, they are gonna be 2 games up 500"...i felt like i heard that almost every game even if my record is not close to 500...lol

It's audio flaws like this, that I rarely play a sports game with the volume on

It's audio flaws like this, that I rarely play a sports game with the volume on

Same here, most of the time I will have my Itunes up playing while I play any sports game. Almost any game for that matter.

Haha, back in the day, my brother and I used to announce each others games for fun.

Is this the baseball game that if you pitch a no-hitter first you get a million dollars or something. I read that on yahoo the other day.

First person to pitch a perfect game.

I believe that is MLB 2k10. They're doing it out of desperation.

Agreed last year's game was the worst I've ever played.

Their hyping it up this year but it will be crap after playing the Show for the first time last year 2k just can't come close.