Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HighLanderZ

MLB '10: The Show

I read a Yahoo article the other day that said 2K10 is giving away a million dollars to the first player who pitches a perfect game. Talk about desperate measures to get sales/publicity. It should work, though.

2k10 is so bad i still wouldnt play it trying to win the million dollars(they probably have a code in the game that makes perfect games impossible, LOL)...and in their advertisement, they are also hyping up that they completely retooled the pitching and batting mechanics of the game...LOL, the game was so bad that they decided to start all over...

Must...Own...This...Game...

I can't wait for this game to come out.

me and you both. i'm probably gonna be buying my girlfriend a ps3 in march just so she can practice playing this game. cuz shes not very good.

me and you both. i'm probably gonna be buying my girlfriend a ps3 in march just so she can practice playing this game. cuz shes not very good.

Lucky you if you can get her to play that I'm still trying to upgrade mine away from the wii.

Lucky you if you can get her to play that I'm still trying to upgrade mine away from the wii.

haha, my girlfriend told me she wants a wii. i told her no way in hell.

2k10 is so bad i still wouldnt play it trying to win the million dollars(they probably have a code in the game that makes perfect games impossible, LOL)...and in their advertisement, they are also hyping up that they completely retooled the pitching and batting mechanics of the game...LOL, the game was so bad that they decided to start all over...

If I had had a PS3 I'd be all over this game, but since I have a 360 I guess I'm gonna be all over 2K10.... B) Although from what I've read so far on IGN, they have really changed a lot to make the game better. I never played last years because of the horrible reviews it got, but I guess it suffered very badly from a low framerate. That has evidently been fixed along with major tweaking of the hitting system. I'll be buying it no matter what but I'm really hoping it's at least playable.

I have always meant to ask fans of the Cubbies this question. Is the batter's eye at Wrigley Field accurate as depicted in MLB The Show? In the game, the backdrop behind a righty pitcher's release point is the crowd at Wrigley Field, & the batter's eye is off to the right. I find it difficult to hit righties there since I have to pick up the pitch in a line of sight that includes fans. Is this actually the situation at Wrigley?

If I had had a PS3 I'd be all over this game, but since I have a 360 I guess I'm gonna be all over 2K10.... B) Although from what I've read so far on IGN, they have really changed a lot to make the game better. I never played last years because of the horrible reviews it got, but I guess it suffered very badly from a low framerate. That has evidently been fixed along with major tweaking of the hitting system. I'll be buying it no matter what but I'm really hoping it's at least playable.

good luck to u...let us know how it is this year

good luck to u...let us know how it is this year

its exactly the same as last year

To kill time until MLB '10, I've been playing MLB '09 in Exhibition mode as the Golden Era All-Stars versus all modern clubs. It was quite satisfying to bat as Babe Ruth & take Beckett deep at Fenway Park. B)

It's audio flaws like this, that I rarely play a sports game with the volume on

Agreed on all accounts. I'll just listen to my Ipod while playing it and crank up some old school metal tunes in the process B)

It's audio flaws like this, that I rarely play a sports game with the volume on

I do however love the nature sound of the ballpark, esp. the crack of the bat on homers. Sounds like cannons going off!

The only thing that makes me mad is the online season stuff.

I saw that next year they will have computer teams on the game for online play....

Why not this year!

I cannot wait, heading to my local BB tomorrow to pick this one up.

Good timing too because I went to play my 09 version yesterday and my PS3 wouldn't read the disc. I thought I had a busted disc drive but other games, blu-rays and dvds worked fine. Weird, the game just suddenly stopped working...at least I got a full years worth

Does the Show have career mode and all that stuff? I'm sure it does but since I own a 360 I've been reading more and more about MLB 2k10 and it actually sounds....good. B) And this is coming from IGN who have been playing it for awhile and who really ripped 2k9 apart. The career mode sounds really cool as you start in AA with horrible skills and earn points to unlock new pitches and stat points. Sorry for semi-hijacking I just don't want to make another thread for a game nobody will play but me lol.

Does the Show have career mode and all that stuff? I'm sure it does but since I own a 360 I've been reading more and more about MLB 2k10 and it actually sounds....good. B) And this is coming from IGN who have been playing it for awhile and who really ripped 2k9 apart. The career mode sounds really cool as you start in AA with horrible skills and earn points to unlock new pitches and stat points. Sorry for semi-hijacking I just don't want to make another thread for a game nobody will play but me lol.

No worries Kyle. I'm a 2k10 person myself

No worries Kyle. I'm a 2k10 person myself

Have you played the demo yet? I've probably played 15 innings or so and it seems pretty good to me. Of course I don't really have anything to compare it to since I havn't played a baseball game for 3 years or so. I'm just really happy to see that the IGN guys like what they have played so far. I have faith that they will get it right because the NBA 2k series is always better than NBA Live.

Yes, MLB The Show has a career mode. It's very cool though prefer to be a batter than a pitcher. As a pitcher, you have to spend points on hitting in addition to pitching - not too much, since you'll always be limited at the plate as a pitcher. I'd just rather spend all my points on becoming a basher.

Have you played the demo yet? I've probably played 15 innings or so and it seems pretty good to me. Of course I don't really have anything to compare it to since I havn't played a baseball game for 3 years or so. I'm just really happy to see that the IGN guys like what they have played so far. I have faith that they will get it right because the NBA 2k series is always better than NBA Live.

I have not, but I'll be getting 2k10 for lack of any other options. i get it every year and it at least amuses me and takes up time

The Show has had a career mode for a few years now....That's how far behind 2k is with there baseball game.

But yeah you can pretty much do the same thing it sounds like on 2k now so that's kinda nice for xbox users.

Just picked up my copy! B)

This game is light years ahead of MLB2k...doesn't even compare

Just picked up my copy! :)

This game is light years ahead of MLB2k...doesn't even compare

How is?

I cannot wait to get. Really loved the story mode last year. Can't wait to draft a team this year. Favorite part of every sports game. Sometimes being the Yanks is just too......unfair B)