Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HighLanderZ

MLB '10: The Show

yea, anyone pick this up yet?

does it feel drastically different from 09?

any pros/cons yet?

any pros/cons yet?

I ordered mine online. Looks like I have to wait to get my copy. B)

any pros/cons yet?

Picked it up today Played a few rounds and the graphics & Gameplay do look far surperior than last years version imo.

Best baseball game ever.

These guys have definitely set the bar and it's going to be tough to catch up to them.

Graphics/picture have been refined and it looks more crisp than last year.

Mostly the same game engine but the details are improved.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/scea...ngs-thread.html

I can't seem to hit for some reason but the pitching is relatively the same

I bought it yesterday, but was able to only play 3 innings out of a quick game. Started off easy, I was the Red Sox facing the Marlins, and playing on the veteran difficulty. The graphics are great, the new details are awesome. I loved when I hit a foul ball and someone from the stands fell onto the field trying to pick it up. I won those 3 innings 6-2 I think, somewhere around that. I can't wait to get home from class today and start a franchise!

I bought it yesterday, but was able to only play 3 innings out of a quick game. Started off easy, I was the Red Sox facing the Marlins, and playing on the veteran difficulty. The graphics are great, the new details are awesome. I loved when I hit a foul ball and someone from the stands fell onto the field trying to pick it up. I won those 3 innings 6-2 I think, somewhere around that. I can't wait to get home from class today and start a franchise!

B)

My first game yesterday, Youk hit a foul ball that struck the plate ump. The game was paused and you can see the ump hunched over and Victor had his hand on the Ump's back seeing if he was OK. Good stuff...

My first game yesterday, Youk hit a foul ball that struck the plate ump. The game was paused and you can see the ump hunched over and Victor had his hand on the Ump's back seeing if he was OK. Good stuff...

Yes I agree very cool part of the game.

My first game I played got beaned by the computer twice and Pujols went yard twice and also made a few errors...My type of game

I'm kinda holding off on starting one right now I saw a lot of players have rating issues that they are patching up soon.

The seasons are too long. I can never complete on quarter of a season before I lose interest in these games

The seasons are too long. I can never complete on quarter of a season before I lose interest in these games

Couldn't agree more. I get to game 35 or so and Im like crap, I need to do this 5 times over?

I really can't wait to draft a team in a franchise.

Can someone explain pitching to me? I mean I know I do it right but sometimes I over/undershoot the bar and the pitch works. Or I'm way off. I don't get it. I also can't really tell the difference between a guy like Lince and Ian Kennedy other then stamina. Control doesn't seem to differ much, at least from 09. My point of this is in a draft why would I ever draft pitching if that's the case?

I usually sim the games when a turd is pitching for my team. But ya they are long, and I usually start over after about 5 games as a new team lol.

i hit a line drive off the pitcher...it was cool to see since in last years it would always just ghost right thru the pitcher into centerfield, but this one ricocheted to the 3b

You can always reduce the settings for how many games constitute a season. I for one don't mind a 162 game season. Bring it on!!!

my only question - do players' stats degrade like they did in last years version?

my only question - do players' stats degrade like they did in last years version?

By "do players' stats degrade" do you mean their skills? I'm still waiting for my online order of The Show '10, but I imagine that player skill sets would & should continue to adjust after each season. For ex., the skills of an older player degrade as they would in real life while the skills of a younger player grows toward their assumed ceiling. However, you can always edit a player's abilities.

Not sure if anyone has tried the catcher stuff but I made a guy up to try it out...

Bad idea I was starting with the number 4 starters in AA and he forgot how to throw a strike pretty sure my first game give up about 8 runs in 4 innings.

Safe to say I retired from catcher

By "do players' stats degrade" do you mean their skills? I'm still waiting for my online order of The Show '10, but I imagine that player skill sets would & should continue to adjust after each season. For ex., the skills of an older player degrade as they would in real life while the skills of a younger player grows toward their assumed ceiling. However, you can always edit a player's abilities.

yes, i mean their skills. last year, all of the players skills would consistently degrade, no matter if they were young, old, playing well, or getting training. the numbers on their skills would consistently decrease and there was nothing i could figure out that i could do about it. i don't wanna have to edit a whole team of players stats to adjust for a buggy game.

yes, i mean their skills. last year, all of the players skills would consistently degrade, no matter if they were young, old, playing well, or getting training. the numbers on their skills would consistently decrease and there was nothing i could figure out that i could do about it. i don't wanna have to edit a whole team of players stats to adjust for a buggy game.

Hmm, that is odd. I can't say I've experienced that. For ex., last year I played in Season Mode as the Yankees & both Joba & Hughes jumped up the skills depth chart after a season. Hmm ...

Oh well, I FINALLY got my MLB The Show in the mail yesterday. Time to waste a sunny March Saturday playing games! B)

Granderson takes Beckett DEEP at Fenway for my first regular season homer! B)

And just like last years game, I HATE pitching with Dice-K. His windup takes waaay to long.

Have you guys tried playing online yet? I swear to god, every time I'm throwing a great game, it starts getting choppy because of my "volatile" internet resulting in my fastball or changeup or what have you being left for the other player to smash.

Even apart from that, I always thought I was good among my circle of friends, but some people out there are ridiculous... one guy was 64-2, and I thought it was something special to hit 10 wins lol.

A warning, though: you will be frustrated if you play online; it's inevitable due to choppiness and the realization that there are people out there who can steamroll you. B)

Have you guys tried playing online yet? I swear to god, every time I'm throwing a great game, it starts getting choppy because of my "volatile" internet resulting in my fastball or changeup or what have you being left for the other player to smash.

Even apart from that, I always thought I was good among my circle of friends, but some people out there are ridiculous... one guy was 64-2, and I thought it was something special to hit 10 wins lol.

A warning, though: you will be frustrated if you play online; it's inevitable due to choppiness and the realization that there are people out there who can steamroll you. B)

True story I just plan against my friend it's nice to trash talk someone you know.

At times for no reason out of no where lag will just hit and gets me pretty mad...

Have you seen the replays on homers? Pitches going right toward the dudes head and it gets knocked out always gives me a nice laugh.

True story I just plan against my friend it's nice to trash talk someone you know.

At times for no reason out of no where lag will just hit and gets me pretty mad...

Have you seen the replays on homers? Pitches going right toward the dudes head and it gets knocked out always gives me a nice laugh.

Play against me yo. I need to get my self esteem back up haha.

Yesterday I played a game in Season Mode as the Yankees versus the A's. As A-Rod, I homered off of Dallas Braden to straight away center at Yankee Stadium. If I could have, I would have trotted over the pitcher's mound. B)