Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shamrocks

Matt Moore SP TB

6IP, 3H, 0ER, 1B, 11K for Moore tonight...Best SP in the minors?

Yes. He'll be the #1 SP prospect on most boards next March. His two major hurdles to overcome this season were the level-up to AA and harnessing his command without unduly compromising the Ks. Ten starts in, he's accomplished both.

Clayton Kershaw Jr.

Great comp. He throws harder than Kershaw and has just as good of a curve. It's gonna all come down to his change, but if he can throw 5-10 of them a game and keep them down with a few for stikes look out.

He is my highest rated pitching prospect. At the start of next year he will probably be top 5 on every major publications board. This guy is just pure filth, the K rates are off the charts. The Rays like to stick guys at the same level for a year, but I hpe he gets up to AAA in the 2nd half with a chance at cracking a rotation spot next year.

He is my highest rated pitching prospect. At the start of next year he will probably be top 5 on every major publications board. This guy is just pure filth, the K rates are off the charts. The Rays like to stick guys at the same level for a year, but I hpe he gets up to AAA in the 2nd half with a chance at cracking a rotation spot next year.

It's definitely not out of the realm of possiblitiy that Moore gets bumped up to Triple A if he keeps pitching well. In '09 Hellickson was dominating Double A and they moved him up to Triple A in the second half. If Moore keeps pitching well, I can definitely see a move up. He wouldn't sniff the majors until the second half of next season at the absolute earliest even if he doesn't experience any bumps in the road.

For myself, it's between him and Shelby Miller on who is the best pitching prospect in the minors this season. Moore would probably get the slight advantage right now because he has been doing it at Double A (though Miller was promoted there recently).

Shhhhh in progress through 7 IP.

NO HITTER!!!

9IP, 0H, 0ER, 2BB, 11K's

Just absolutely filthy. Him and Shelby Miller will be 1-2 on everyones boards next year as far as top pitching prospect in baseball goes. Assuming Teheran probably graduates.

His command is starting to come around, hopefully the rays don't trade him!

Only threw 30 balls all night

Owning Both Moore and Parker I have mixed feelings about this game.

But jesus Moore is really looking like the real deal. I still don't know how I would rank him and Miller

Owning Both Moore and Parker I have mixed feelings about this game.

But jesus Moore is really looking like the real deal. I still don't know how I would rank him and Miller

Yeah, Parker looked good a couple starts. I don't remember him have BB problems in 2009. I guess we gotta blame it on TJ.

I also own Parker/Miller/Moore/Turner/Taillon/Minor/Drabek(OUCH)/Teheran, but Moore has leaped Teheran and on Miller heals.

BOOM! My last pick in my prospect draft this year. Makes up for it after drafting Matzek the year before.

I'm not sure what he has left to prove in AA:

77.2 IP

2.43 ERA

0.97 WHIP

11.94 K/9

2.67 BB/9

77.2 IP

2.43 ERA

0.97 WHIP

11.94 K/9

2.67 BB/9

No room at the top for him, but if Niemann comes back and bombs out they could push Moore up the ladder.

77.2 IP

2.43 ERA

0.97 WHIP

11.94 K/9

2.67 BB/9

Time to start challenging him and move him up a level. I think it is safe to say he is BY FAR the best Rays pitching prospect. Torres, Cobb, Archer got labeled as maybe more ready than him, but I'd be willing to bet Moore could jump from AA to the bigs right now and hold his own. Nicasio is and Moore has MUCH better stuff than him.

Tampa doesn't rush there arms though. They were very patient with Hellickson, McGee, and Davis if I remember correctly. I will assume the same for Moore.

Tampa doesn't rush there arms though. They were very patient with Hellickson, McGee, and Davis if I remember correctly. I will assume the same for Moore.

Yep +1

Ya, they are very conservative. Its sad to think but I do not think Moore will be really given a chance until 2013. Rays are always super conservative, especially with pitchers, although Desmond Jennings probably says HI.

from a yahoo article:

Sometimes a little flakiness is a good thing for a ballplayer, and especially a pitcher. Don't think, Meat, you're hurting the club. Consider the Thursday evening of Matt Moore, highly-regarded Tampa Bay pitching prospect. The lefty was working on a no-hitter in Mobile but blissfully unaware of the fact until a patron let Moore know about it two-thirds of the way through. "There [weren't] a lot of fans there, so I heard him," admitted Moore. "When I first realized it, things started to get serious."When Moore gets serious, hitters are in trouble. He finished off his no-no, striking out 11 and walking just two. He also collected 11 ground-ball outs, and the dazzling effort required just 106 pitches. Moore, who turns 22 on Saturday, is clearly owning the Southern League this summer: he's first in ERA (2.43) and tops in strikeouts (103 over 77.2 innings; his entire pro career is parade of punchouts). The Rays have never been a team to rush their prospects to the majors, but Moore is going to force his way into the conversation soon.

So, Moore got torched in the AA all-star game. It was bound to happen.

However, he bounced back nicely last night:

5IP

3H

0BB

0ER

Here's my question though....not that he was pulled after 5 innings, but he was pulled after 66 pitches (48 were strikes, by the way). Is there a concern here, or are the Rays simply being cautious after the no-hitter and longer start?

5IP

3H

0BB

0ER

Here's my question though....not that he was pulled after 5 innings, but he was pulled after 66 pitches (48 were strikes, by the way). Is there a concern here, or are the Rays simply being cautious after the no-hitter and longer start?

Could have been a rain delay, long half inning, or big enough lead that they said thats enough. He also had a 8/0 GO/FO in that game.

5IP

3H

0BB

0ER

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...jacaax_monaax_1

According to the box score, there was a 29 minute delay. Doesn't specify when it was, but that could have been the reason why he left the game after 5.