Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shamrocks

Matt Moore SP TB

I know the Rays are slow at moving their prospects here....but he needs to be brought up to AAA soon. He's just running roughshot over this league right now.

I know the Rays are slow at moving their prospects here....but he needs to be brought up to AAA soon. He's just running roughshot over this league right now.

He got smacked around pretty good at the allstar game. Not a whole lot of differance between AA and AAA.

He got smacked around pretty good at the allstar game. Not a whole lot of differance between AA and AAA.

To be fair, it was his first game after his no-hitter. I'm sure Rays management and the coaching staff of Montgomery probably wanted to give him an extra day of rest, but knew how much it meant to him to start the game. I read little to nothing into that since he's been pretty good since that point. You are right though, there is little difference between AA and AAA in terms of talent.

Matt Moore is more than ready for Triple A.

That won't happen this year as the Biscuts have a chance to win a title and the Rays vaule that kind of stuff for the kid. AAA is not that much different from AA for pitchers anyways.

Final line: 7 IP 1 H 1 ER 1BB 10K

Left a fastball up in the zone in the 7th inning for the only run, must of gotten tired.

That won't happen this year as the Biscuts have a chance to win a title and the Rays vaule that kind of stuff for the kid. AAA is not that much different from AA for pitchers anyways.

Montgomery has a long way to go to even make the playoffs at this point. Below .500 in the first half, and 6-8 to start the second half. you're right about teams value for that type of stuff, i just don't see it in the cards for the Biscuits this year.

Montgomery has a long way to go to even make the playoffs at this point. Below .500 in the first half, and 6-8 to start the second half. you're right about teams value for that type of stuff, i just don't see it in the cards for the Biscuits this year.

Yeah they have fallen off since i last check the standings, but they are not that far out.

yeah, dude was throwing 98 mph from the left side with an effortless delivery.

Hope we get a chance to see him in the majors at some point next year.

With the Rays I say we will be lucky to see him by 2015 B)

Like the rumors of Hellickson for Rasmus. The Rays would have to give Moore a shot if that were to happen. And Rasmus would be free.

As much as I'd love to see that happen, it's likely that Cobb and Torres would be in line before Moore.

However, that would certainly force their hand for 2012.

As much as I'd love to see that happen, it's likely that Cobb and Torres would be in line before Moore.

However, that would certainly force their hand for 2012.

1 of the 2 Cobb or Torres will fail, maybe both. Torres walks way to many guys and may best be suited for long relief. Cobb has looked good so far though

Rays are very conservative with their pitchers. Gotta think in 2012 if thats when he gets his shot hes gonna be on an inning limit either way. 2013 would probably be when the training wheels come off, no?

Rays are very conservative with their pitchers. Gotta think in 2012 if thats when he gets his shot hes gonna be on an inning limit either way. 2013 would probably be when the training wheels come off, no?

Yeah he's got around 80 innings left this year to make 175 (thats a 25IP jump from last year). Then 200 in 2012. Wheels off in 2013. Good call

Price/Hellickson/Niemann/Davis all had 12+ starts in AAA as well(Price being the low man with 12), and 3 of them spent time in the Major League bullpen as well(Davis did not).

Looking for Moore in Sept outta the pen. Hello 0.00 ERA with a 15+ K's per 9

1 of the 2 Cobb or Torres will fail, maybe both. Torres walks way to many guys and may best be suited for long relief. Cobb has looked good so far though

everything here is still just speculation. granted torres walks too many guys, but for the short term-those 2 will slide into the open spots in the rotation if indeed hellickson gets dealt-which is still in its embryonic stages.

i'm all for moore coming up and helping out-and i'm convinced of his absolute studliness to be-but it won't be this year....unless the rays are a legit contender for a playoff berth. they're close now-but still unlikely to be there.

everything here is still just speculation. granted torres walks too many guys, but for the short term-those 2 will slide into the open spots in the rotation if indeed hellickson gets dealt-which is still in its embryonic stages.

i'm all for moore coming up and helping out-and i'm convinced of his absolute studliness to be-but it won't be this year....unless the rays are a legit contender for a playoff berth. they're close now-but still unlikely to be there.

Yeah McGee may take that bullpen spot, but would not be surprised to see Moore in the pen in Sept.

I wish they would promote him to AAA for the 2nd half, then consider him for a call up in Sept (if he does well in AAA) and a spot for the rotation next year. He could give them 180-200 strong innings next year as a rookie.

yeah if he dominates AAA like he is AA i dont see why a september callup to work outta the pen is outta the question. didnt the rays do that with price? ended up pitching through the whole postseason, but i guess price was a bit more polished