Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shamrocks

Matt Moore SP TB

yeah if he dominates AAA like he is AA i dont see why a september callup to work outta the pen is outta the question. didnt the rays do that with price? ended up pitching through the whole postseason, but i guess price was a bit more polished

If this were to happen, no team could match the lefties coming outta the pen the Rays would have. McGee/Ramos/Howell/Moore

If this were to happen, no team could match the lefties coming outta the pen the Rays would have. McGee/Ramos/Howell/Moore

First start tonight against Toledo. Shouldn't be too tough of an opponent, so it's not too bad that he doesn't get beaten up right away ;)

What a pity the game is at 1am my time, else I would have watched it.

Matty Moore getting nasty with it in his first start in AAA

5IP,3H,1ER,2BB,7K,1HR

5IP,3H,1ER,2BB,7K,1HR

Sucks he threw so many balls and ran his pitch count up so early.

5IP,3H,1ER,2BB,7K,1HR

My man. Now let's just hope the Rays give him a shot in the rotation next year!

My man. Now let's just hope the Rays give him a shot in the rotation next year!

They are going to run with a 6 man rotation now, and all of them will be back next year. Shields is going to get expensive coming up (7 Mil in 2012/ 9 Mil in 2013/ 12 Mil in 2014). If Moore has to wait for that expect a 2013 start of the season for Moore.

They are going to run with a 6 man rotation now, and all of them will be back next year. Shields is going to get expensive coming up (7 Mil in 2012/ 9 Mil in 2013/ 12 Mil in 2014). If Moore has to wait for that expect a 2013 start of the season for Moore.

Though, presumably, Moore will have the opportunity to win a spot in the rotation next year, no? And it's conceivable that he can beat out the likes of Davis, Neimann or Cobb. Much will depend on his ROS performance at AAA. Encouraging start so far.

Though, presumably, Moore will have the opportunity to win a spot in the rotation next year, no? And it's conceivable that he can beat out the likes of Davis, Neimann or Cobb. Much will depend on his ROS performance at AAA. Encouraging start so far.

I'd say they at least wait a couple months into next year, but that he could crack the rotation to start next year. The Rays are the slowest team to promote players out there.

According to Yahoo's Jeff Passan, the Rays may call up Matt Moore later this year to serve as a reliever.

Moore was recently promoted to Triple-A Durham after posting a 2.20 ERA and 131/28 K/BB ratio in 102 1/3 innings for Double-A Montgomery. The promising 22-year-old left-hander would give Rays manager Joe Maddon a nice option in middle relief.

If Moore continues this success I think we see him in the starting rotation to begin 2012. Doesn't seem like the rays are slow to promote Moore.

According to Yahoo's Jeff Passan, the Rays may call up Matt Moore later this year to serve as a reliever.

Moore was recently promoted to Triple-A Durham after posting a 2.20 ERA and 131/28 K/BB ratio in 102 1/3 innings for Double-A Montgomery. The promising 22-year-old left-hander would give Rays manager Joe Maddon a nice option in middle relief.

If Moore continues this success I think we see him in the starting rotation to begin 2012. Doesn't seem like the rays are slow to promote Moore.

Sounds like they are taking the David Price approach with him. Starting off in the bullpen and then moving into the rotation. Not a bad idea considering the track record that the Rays have with this.

7 IP 3 H 0 ER 1BB 11K

He is ready for the next test.....

Make that 8 IP 3 H 0 ER 2BB 13K

Hard to imagine him not breaking spring training with the big club next year...

SPTimesRays Marc Topkin

#Rays prospect Matt Moore with 13Ks in second start at Triple-A, didn't allow a runner past 1B after 1st inning (when 1 got to 2nd on steal)

Done after 85 pitches...........5 IP 3 H 0ER 1BB 9K

Filthy.

He better kicker down if he want his 3 peat on the strikeout crown.

He better kicker down if he want his 3 peat on the strikeout crown.

Who's ahead of him?

Who's ahead of him?

After the 9 2nite just Cabrera, unless Skaggs or May pitched.