Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shamrocks

Matt Moore SP TB

If Cobb (discomfort in pitching hand) has to go to the DL does Moore get the call for the doubleheader on the 16th? I say he does.

If Cobb (discomfort in pitching hand) has to go to the DL does Moore get the call for the doubleheader on the 16th? I say he does.

i'd like to think so, but i ave a feeling that torres gets that one.

i'd like to think so, but i ave a feeling that torres gets that one.

Torres has to be the luckiest starter in all the minors. 60 BB 117H in 111 2/3 IP, yet has an 2.98 ERA.

Torres has to be the luckiest starter in all the minors. 60 BB 117H in 111 2/3 IP, yet has an 2.98 ERA.

agreed. those numbers won't translate at the big league level....but he's shown flashes, and most importantly, he's been up already..he's on the 40 man, whereas moore is not.

i'm interested to see what the rays are going to do with him once the minor league season shuts down. he'll likely have 6 starts (maybe 7 with breakdown, durham has lots of games left. he's currently at 120.1 IP. if he averages 6 an appearance, he'll finish at 156. is that the point they shut him down for the year? career high to this point is 144.2

They were temporarily using a six man rotation. Cobb was likely to be demoted soon anyway. With Cobb out, they'll probably roll with their normal five: Price, Niemann, W. Davis, Shields, Hellickson.

They were temporarily using a six man rotation. Cobb was likely to be demoted soon anyway. With Cobb out, they'll probably roll with their normal five: Price, Niemann, W. Davis, Shields, Hellickson.

Like i said in the DOUBLEHEADER they will need a 6th starter.

Threw 6 IP 4 H 0 R 0 BB 9 K 88/65 B/K 7/0 GO/FO 3 singles and 1 double(Dom Brown)

Threw 6 IP 4 H 0 R 0 BB 9 K 88/65 B/K 7/0 GO/FO 3 singles and 1 double(Dom Brown)

alright this AAA campaign is becoming silly

This guy is a Hall Of Famer in the making. Watch out.

Would be awsome to see him come outta the pen in Sept. A spot start would be even better.

now that cobb is done for season, is there any chance moore gets promoted?

He's going to have a lot of hype in next year's draft.

Ya imagine if he starts the year in the majors. Gonna be crazy.

Ya imagine if he starts the year in the majors. Gonna be crazy.

That's the big question...will he start the year in majors? I think the Rays will keep him down until June, assuming super 2 doesn't change over the winter. I believe they will do this to save money and also control his IP because they will want him down the stretch in 2012 if they are in contention.

I don't think we will ever see another 300 K type pitcher. Kershaw, Strasburg, Moore are the closest things there are though.

I don't think we will ever see another 300 K type pitcher. Kershaw, Strasburg, Moore are the closest things there are though.

Tim Lincecum resents that.

lol what the hell does that even mean? the guys can do it, but you have to realize that back in the day, pitchers didn't go on 3 month DL stints for a broken nail, and they didn't have "5 man rotations" that we have today. guys like nolan ryan and sandy koufax were going every other day or so.

Tim Lincecum resents that.

I like Lincecum a lot and although his K/9 is amazing regardless it's been trending down. Not saying 200 Ks isn't an impressive accomplishment because it is but 300 Ks in a season is really tough. He's 27 so he has a good 5 years of prime coming up, he could make a run for it but I'll put my money on the guys I mentioned earlier just based on a hunch.

lol what the hell does that even mean? the guys can do it, but you have to realize that back in the day, pitchers didn't go on 3 month DL stints for a broken nail, and they didn't have "5 man rotations" that we have today. guys like nolan ryan and sandy koufax were going every other day or so.

You do realize that Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez did it a lot more recently than Ryan and Koufax right? Those were 5 man rotations.

You do realize that Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez did it a lot more recently than Ryan and Koufax right? Those were 5 man rotations.

Not to mention Curt Schilling 3 times.

Also Nolan Ryan did it as part of a 5 man rotation (and never started every other day lol)

BTW: Look at Randy's game log example from 2002:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/gamelog/_/id...2/randy-johnson

Imagine having those stats in H2H??? Look at August; thats insane!

Exactly. I was real young when he was brought up but I have an older uncle who follows the minors religiously and he says he reminds him of Kerry Wood when Wood was coming up in the minors.