Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shamrocks

Matt Moore SP TB

He looks a lot more refined than Wood was when he was brought up. Wood has never had good command.

Well the year before Wood came up, he had a K/9 rate of about 8.0 in the minors (seriously, it was THAT bad). Wood was younger of course, but just going to show the basic nature of your point. Moore's control was never that bad, so he seems more refined.

"Down" game for Moore: 4 IP, 1 H, 1 ER (a HR to first batter of game), 3 BB, 8 K. He was only at 86 pitches so if this was a MLB game he probly would have gone at least five, possibly six innings.

57 Ks down in 34.2 AAA innings.

"Down" game for Moore: 4 IP, 1 H, 1 ER (a HR to first batter of game), 3 BB, 8 K. He was only at 86 pitches so if this was a MLB game he probly would have gone at least five, possibly six innings.

57 Ks down in 34.2 AAA innings.

Are they just taking it slow with Moore and preserving his arm by limiting his innings at this point in the year?

Moore's had a relatively nice progression of innings throughout his career:

(short season innings not included here):

2009 - 123 IP

2010 - 144.2 IP

2011 - 137 IP (current).

He's likely in line for 3 more starts (regular season), and Durham is lineup to make the playoffs, where Moore would likely get at least one start. They're probably trying to cap him somewhere around the 150 mark for the regular season, so that regardless he won't be more than 165.

Moore's had a relatively nice progression of innings throughout his career:

(short season innings not included here):

2009 - 123 IP

2010 - 144.2 IP

2011 - 137 IP (current).

He's likely in line for 3 more starts (regular season), and Durham is lineup to make the playoffs, where Moore would likely get at least one start. They're probably trying to cap him somewhere around the 150 mark for the regular season, so that regardless he won't be more than 165.

Think the plan for most is 25-30 innings jump per year, so it may be closer to 175

Any chance this guy gets promoted this year? If so when would be a good time to pick him up?

Any chance this guy gets promoted this year? If so when would be a good time to pick him up?

Guessing its not a keeper league if he is out there. He won't have much value this year as he should be in the bullpen when called up, with the chance at 1 or 2 spot starts.

Guessing its not a keeper league if he is out there. He won't have much value this year as he should be in the bullpen when called up, with the chance at 1 or 2 spot starts.

Funny you mention that (and I completely agree) - but his ESPN ownership is 0.0%

ESPN must not be a popular platform for keeper leagues. I have to believe he's owned in every serious keeper league at this point, and surely at least a small percentage (5%?) of ESPN leagues are keeper leagues.

Funny you mention that (and I completely agree) - but his ESPN ownership is 0.0%

ESPN must not be a popular platform for keeper leagues. I have to believe he's owned in every serious keeper league at this point, and surely at least a small percentage (5%?) of ESPN leagues are keeper leagues.

A lot of keeper leagues have a minor league system though so he may be "owned" but not showing up as owned.

likely final regular season start for Durham yesterday. and what a start.

still, with them winning the division, he's less likely to be promoted this year-for those who are waiting on that. they'll want him to get playoff experience. MAYBE if they get out early he'll be up later-but likely he'll be done after the series.

Still, what an absolutely terrific year.

gettin the call, be w team mon according to Rotoinfo

it's too late for me this season but hopefully next year he'll start in the bigs what do people think the chances of that are? or will he start at AAA again and get a call up in june/july?

it's too late for me this season but hopefully next year he'll start in the bigs what do people think the chances of that are? or will he start at AAA again and get a call up in june/july?

Hard to say right now, but I'd guess that his chances of breaking ST with the big club are about 50/50?

Shields, Price, and Hellickson are going nowhere next year. Niemann has been decent. I could see Moore bumping Davis perhaps.

But, while I've been following Moore closely, I don't claim to know nearly as much about the TB rotation in general. I don't know the politics, ownership's posture, or the various SP contract statuses. What I do know is Moore is ready, and will almost certainly be up by mid-June next year.

Hard to say right now, but I'd guess that his chances of breaking ST with the big club are about 50/50?

Shields, Price, and Hellickson are going nowhere next year. Niemann has been decent. I could see Moore bumping Davis perhaps.

But, while I've been following Moore closely, I don't claim to know nearly as much about the TB rotation in general. I don't know the politics, ownership's posture, or the various SP contract statuses. What I do know is Moore is ready, and will almost certainly be up by mid-June next year.

TB also has a history of moving older SP's for prospects/help that they need, and usually do it before they start declining to maximize their return. Shields may make a good target for this, especially if they think Moore is ready (he sure looks it so far).

TB also has a history of moving older SP's for prospects/help that they need, and usually do it before they start declining to maximize their return. Shields may make a good target for this, especially if they think Moore is ready (he sure looks it so far).

Yeah 7 mil for Shields may not be in their budget, but thats cheap for most teams. They could get quite a haul in return.