Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jd040

Creating new H2H keeper league

Hey RW,

A lot of you probably know me, a lot of you may not. I'm very active on these boards and have been pursuing a new league this year. I've taken on two new teams. However, regardless of finding a league, I knew I wanted to experiment with my own this year.

I have finally gotten situated in both leagues, so it is time for me to start looking for managers for my new league. I'm the kind of guy that values a hitter who can take a walk, a pitcher with good command, and MRs who don't get enough credit because they aren't closers. This league is meant for active owners of all mindsets to come have fun together. I plan to keep this league active every single year: if you want the opportunity to take part of a new and dedicated league, this is your chance. It's 100% new, which means that instead of taking over someone else's team, you will be creating YOUR team and YOUR future however YOU want.

I plan to be very hands-off as a Commish. I will not be interfering with league settings or issues like that- my purpose as Commish is simply to solve any disputes between managers and to facilitate the overall league/draft process. Everything will be decided by the league as a whole, not by me. I do reserve the right for final say, but I am very fair and can assure you that I probably will not be going against any of the league's decisions. This is not meant to be my toy, this is meant to be everyone's league. This is meant for people to have so much fun that they can't f'ing wait for next season.

SETTINGS

12 Teams - H2H - Keeper - 6x6 - Yahoo

Categories

BA / R / HR / RBI / SB / BB

QS / ERA / WHIP / K / SV / HLD

After strong consideration to find the best balance of categories, I like these cats because:

1. BA is not as important as everyone used to think. But it still is important.

2. I added BBs to balance out BA for obvious reasons. I wanted to keep it as a 6x6- that's why I opted for BA/BB instead of just OBP. Plus, a .400 OBP with a .340 AVG is still better than a .400 OBP with a .300 AVG. The 2nd guy obviously has a better walk rate, but in the end, a hit is still *slightly* better than a walk (in terms of run production).

3. I replaced W with QS for obvious reasons. If a pitcher is going out and consistently pitching good games but just not getting lucky with the wins, he should still be given credit.

4. I added holds. An RP with a 2.00 ERA is just as valuable to his team as a closer with a 2.00 ERA- it's all about opportunity.

KEEPER SETTINGS

You can keep 0-5 players. When you keep a player, you lose a draft pick equal to the round you drafted that keeper. You can only keep a guy for 3 years. This system rewards smart drafting and good value. Conversely, if you have a down year with bad overall performance, you may choose to "sell the farm" so to speak and keep nobody. This system basically gives you complete freedom over your team- much like in real life. It creates a slight advantage overall for people with good drafting decisions, but it really is a balance.

Examples:

1. I'm deciding between keeping 4 and keeping 5 players. I'm (hypothetically) keeping Pujols (1), Mauer (4), Greinke (10), and Cruz (15). I can't decide if I should keep Kinsler (2). If I keep Kinsler, I head into the draft of remaining players without my 1st, 2nd, 4th, 10th, and 15th picks. If I don't keep Kinsler, I head into the draft without my 1st, 4th, 10th, and 15th.

2. I'm not keeping anybody. I head into the draft with no keepers but all my draft picks.

DRAFT

1. The draft will be a slow snake draft. Draft order will be generated by some program (probably Firefox).

2. Each manager gets 24 hours to make his pick. If his 24 hours pass without making a pick, he still has the ability to make his pick, but the draft is allowed to resume without him.

3. Absolutely anybody can be drafted if they are in the Yahoo system.

4. If a manager is keeping someone, that essentially becomes their pick. So if manager B has the 2nd pick of the draft but is keeping Pujols, the draft unfolds like this:

1. Manager A picks ______

2. Manager B keeps Pujols

3. Manager C picks ______

4. Manager D picks ______

MINORS

There is no minors system. There are no restrictions on rookies or anything like that. If they are in the Yahoo pool, they are eligible for drafting/keeping.

VETOING TRADES

Vetoing trades is bull. However, I at least understand the need to protect our league from collusion. With that said, a trade can only be vetoed if it is voted against by every person (except for one) not involved in the trade.

Examples:

1. If it is a standard trade between two teams, it needs to be vetoed by 9 out of the remaining 10 managers.

2. If it is a trade between three teams, it needs to be vetoed by 8 out of the remaining 9 managers.

3. And so on (never seen a 4-team trade anyways)

CO-COMMISH

I will be looking for one other person to serve as co-commish. Again, this league is going to be very hands-off from the governing standpoint. However, I will not lie: I am a VERY active FBB owner/fan, but I do keep extremely busy with my work and school. With that said, I won't ALWAYS be around when needed to take care of any issue that may be at hand. This isn't about authority, it's just about facilitation- to make sure everything goes smoothly- to make sure that things aren't stuck waiting on one person. LET ME KNOW IF THIS IS SOMETHING YOU WOULD BE INTERESTED IN!

HOW TO JOIN

Interested? A few different ways you can sign up:

1. Post in this thread

2. PM me

3. Email me at dirienzo.jo@husky.neu.edu

--YOU MUST EMAIL ME WITH--

1. Name (first name is fine)

2. Overall experience- you don't have to be a pro, and you don't have to have a resume. This isn't about the level of competition you've played in. Just wondering what kind of leagues/settings you've participated in... to get an overall feel for you as a manager

3. Contact info- I need AT LEAST an email address but would also prefer AIM and/or a cell # for texting (optional).

4. How many leagues you are currently in- doesn't matter to me how many you're in, just wondering

5. If you are interested in being co-commish

6. Anything else I should know about

7. Any requests/questions

Hidden

Current teams (THIS IS NOT THE DRAFT ORDER!):

1. jd040

2. OhTheCommotion

Current teams (THIS IS NOT THE DRAFT ORDER!):

1. jd040

2. OhTheCommotion

3. lyricist0 (new owner!)

Keep it coming, guys!

For reference, this league is now half full with 6 managers.

Get in now while you still can- once we hit 8 managers, I'm going to have to be more selective with the final 4.

For those wondering roster settings, it will probably be:

C/1B/2B/3B/SS/OF/OF/OF/DH -- SP/SP/RP/RP/P/P/P and 9 bench spots to be used however you feel. We will probably allow 3 DL spots. Also, daily changes for the win!

Finally, two new additions to the info I'm requesting from each person:

8. Age (no age requirement, but I want to get as much info as possible so as to be accomodating)

9. RW name (if you email me)

I want in pretty please. Btw how do you feel about auction draft ?

Btw how do you feel about auction draft ?

I can't speak for anyone else, but if an auction draft is something you desire, perhaps you should consider attempting to join another league as opposed to this one. Just a thought though.

1. Anthony

2. Overall experience- 11 years of fantasy sports, 7 years of keeper and dynasty baseball leagues. Plus, I have managed and run my own competitive and active leagues.

3. Contact info- anicolausk@yahoo.com YIM- anicolausk AIM- xxprojectmayhemx

4. How many leagues you are currently in- 4

5. I am possibly interested in being co-commish, depends on how much more involved I would nee to be.

6. I am in the Army and deploy to Afghanistan in June, but I will be splitting a dedicated server with people in my platoon, so my internet availability will be great.

7. When do we draft?

I can't speak for anyone else, but if an auction draft is something you desire, perhaps you should consider attempting to join another league as opposed to this one. Just a thought though.

I don't care what draft it's gonna be, I was just asking. I like this leagues setup and I would def want to play against people who know their stuff and are active. Now I can see how my low post count might not be all that flashy, but I'm full of pleasant surprises.

Arch- would love to have you.

Can you email me, PM me, or post in here with the following info?

1. Name (first name is fine)

2. Overall experience- you don't have to be a pro, and you don't have to have a resume. This isn't about the level of competition you've played in. Just wondering what kind of leagues/settings you've participated in... to get an overall feel for you as a manager

3. Contact info- I need AT LEAST an email address but would also prefer AIM and/or a cell # for texting (optional).

4. How many leagues you are currently in- doesn't matter to me how many you're in, just wondering

5. If you are interested in being co-commish

6. Anything else I should know about

7. Any requests/questions

8. Age

9. RW Name

**WITH THE ADDITION OF ARCH WE NOW HAVE ONE SPOT LEFT TO FILL- DON'T MISS THE CHANCE!**

Also, to everyone currently on the contact list: I will be emailing/PMing you all the link to our league boards so we can get the registration/introduction/meeting process over with and the draft up and running.

ONE SPOT LEFT TO FILL!

The spot has been filled.

Currently waiting on Arch's info- outside of that, this league is full.

I've sent an email to every owner with the link to the league forums- please check your emails.

I will be generating the draft order shortly and will keep everyone posted with where to go from here. For now, just check your emails.

Okay everybody, the league is officially full.

I will be generating the draft order sometime today, and the draft will begin either today, tomorrow, or the day after. I still have a lot of stuff to do outside of the fantasy world, but this is one of my very top priorities.

I will keep you all posted- for now, meet each other on our boards!

From here on out, we will be using our boards for communication and not this thread.

The draft order has been generated and emailed-

The following draft order was randomly generated for your league:

1 - Aaron

2 - Anthony

3 - John

4 - Teek

5 - Buddy

6 - Eric

7 - Jay

8 - Archie

9 - Beau

10 - Matt