Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jstilk

5 active owners looking for league

anybody else tired of playing in leagues where owners drop out immediately? It's even more frustrating when it's people you know. I'm not going that route again this year. I've got 5 owners I'm bringing who are active owners and fans of the game. Would like to do a live draft (Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky) but am open to an online draft as well.

We'll join your league or start a new league, I have no problems commishing if necessary. Just want a good fantasy baseball experience for 2010.

I run an AL-only league that is expanding to AL v. NL (2 divisions, 1 AL-only, 1 NL-only). It's a keeper league that has 1 opening on the AL side (the owner moved to the NL side) and 5 openings on the NL-side. Since we are expanding this season to include the NL-only division, those teams will be starting fresh and drafting the entire team, while the AL-only team would be taking over an existing team (with solid keepers). $50 entry fee.

The AL-only league has been going for 9 years with the same 10 guys for the last 3 seasons.

Let me know if you're interested.

Rob

anybody else tired of playing in leagues where owners drop out immediately? It's even more frustrating when it's people you know. I'm not going that route again this year. I've got 5 owners I'm bringing who are active owners and fans of the game. Would like to do a live draft (Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky) but am open to an online draft as well.

We'll join your league or start a new league, I have no problems commishing if necessary. Just want a good fantasy baseball experience for 2010.

I run an AL-only league that is expanding to AL v. NL (2 divisions, 1 AL-only, 1 NL-only). It's a keeper league that has 1 opening on the AL side (the owner moved to the NL side) and 5 openings on the NL-side. Since we are expanding this season to include the NL-only division, those teams will be starting fresh and drafting the entire team, while the AL-only team would be taking over an existing team (with solid keepers). $50 entry fee.

The AL-only league has been going for 9 years with the same 10 guys for the last 3 seasons.

Let me know if you're interested.

Rob

Sounds like a solid league, one some of the other guys and I have discussed doing in the future if we had enough owners. We did a NL only league last year, with most guys following the Reds, that's the way the vote went. I'll talk it over with some of the other guys and gauge interest and let you know. What site do you use to host the league? Is this H2H or roto (5x5, 6x6...)?

We use cbssports. It's a H2H league. Shoot me an e-mail rpeterson2317@gmail.com and I'll send you an invite to the site so you can check it out.

Rob

Sounds like a solid league, one some of the other guys and I have discussed doing in the future if we had enough owners. We did a NL only league last year, with most guys following the Reds, that's the way the vote went. I'll talk it over with some of the other guys and gauge interest and let you know. What site do you use to host the league? Is this H2H or roto (5x5, 6x6...)?

Hows it going. If your looking for more of a challenge and with some very expereinced fantasy players (all with 10+ years of fantasy baseball expereince), I am starting up a brand new fantasy league based on the Cuban National League. Please see information below and contact me with any questions. We would be able to accomodate all 5 of you, and easily expand the league to 18 teams.

Head to Head format, 12 Wins decided each week. Broken down into OB%, R, RBI, HR, SB, and TB. Pitching cats are: W, ERA, WHIP, S, K, QS. I have attached the league constitution below. If you are interested in a team, there are 3 franchises available. E-mail draft begins on March 1st, and will last the entire month of March. Regular e-mail checks daily is a requirement during this time. Full payment must be made before the start of the draft.

I am a fantasy LL with over 15 years experience and am only looking for the top serious competition in the same.

If you are interested, please send a letter of interest, and your fantasy resume' to mlbwizard2@aol.com.

Good luck in the upcoming fantasy season-

Dr. Rene Garcia

Commishioner

========================================================

Habana Baseball Club (HBC) is a private head-to-head 6 X 6 fantasy baseball league of 16 teams using players from both the American and National Leagues.

1. FREE AGENCY

There will be OPEN Free Agency at all times during the regular season, with the team being required to make any player releases required to maintain a legal roster on an immediate basis.

A player is only available to be picked up as a free agent during the season if (i) he was listed on the website at the time of the league's preseason draft or (ii) he was unlisted on the website at the time of the league's preseason draft but was selected in that draft and subsequently was released.

International signees and minor leaguers can only be selected in the pre-season draft. No International signees, or amateur draftees will be available until NEXT SEASON'S PRE-SEASON DRAFT.

NO player picked up from free agency during the regular season can be stored on your 15 man minor league roster. All players selected from FA during the regular season MUST be assigned to the 27 man Major League roster.

2. WRITEUPS

Writeups featuring short game summaries, rankings, and/ or updated standings will be e-mailed weekly or fortnightly.

3. FEES/ DISTRIBUTIONS

The Entrance Fee for is set at $500/ team. This will cover the service cost as well as $$ prizes for the league champion.

(Based on 16 team league)

League Winner: $2850

Runner up: $1000

Playoff Teams (7): $500

2nd chance playoff winner: $500

(CBSSports fee: $150)

4. ROSTERS/ SCORING

Batters-11

C

1B

2B

SS

3B

MI

CI

LF

CF

RF

DH

Pitchers-9

Starters: MAX-7, MIN-4

Relievers: MAX-5, MIN-2

Total starters: 20 players

Bench: 7 reserve

DL slots- 7.

DL is a player who is on the MLB disabled list (either 15-day or 60-day). The player normally will have a DL listed in the MLB column on the set lineup page, but in any event must have been officially announced as on the disabled list of the MLB team.

MINOR LEAGUES: Each team may have 15 players on their minor league roster.

NO player picked up from free agency during the regular season can be stored on your 15 man minor league roster. All players selected from Free Agency during the regular season MUST be assigned to the 27 man Major League roster.

SCORING:

Each week, 12 Wins and Losses will be decided by each series. The categories are as follows:

OB%, HR, R, RBI, SB-CS, TB

W, ERA, WHIP, K, S, QS

5. MINOR LEAGUE MANAGEMENT

Each owner shall have 15 slots available to him to be used for players that classify as a Havana Baseball Club 'Minor Leaguer', or signed to a MLC contract as defined below.

ML (Minor Leaguer) is a hitter that has fewer than 600 combined at bats (AB) and walks (BB) at the MLB level or is a pitcher that has (a) at least 10 games started but fewer than 25 games started at the MLB level or (B) fewer than 10 games started and no more than 100 innings pitched at the MLB level; provided that no pitcher can have more than 250 innings pitched at the MLB level and still be considered a ML.

ML status is determined at the START of each season and is not affected by player activity during the season. ML status only changes during the season if the team owning the player (a) converts him to MLC status or (B) permanently removes the player from ML by bringing him up to the Major League roster.

As long as you do not bring up a ML player to the 27 man roster, he can be kept as a Minor Leaguer, as long as he falls within the specifications listed above. When a minor league player is brought up to the 27 man roster, he CANNOT return to the 15 man Minor league roster UNLESS he is signed to an MLC contract.

If a ML player is on a HBC roster at the close of the season but no longer qualifies as an ML, he will automatically have an MLC status for the next season. MLC (Minor League Contract) is a special status that may be awarded to ML players on team rosters. When a player receives a MLC, he is eligible to be SHUFFLED BACK and FORTH from Major league and minor league rosters.

A player can retain an MLC status for up to 2 seasons (inclusive of the one during which the MLC is awarded). The first year the player will be listed as an MLC2, the and the next year MLC1. If the player reaches the end of the season with MLC1, he will automatically become a MLCFA. At this time, the player must permanently be brought up to the Major League roster , or released to free agency. At any point in time, can a team remove MLC status on a player. From that point forward, the player must remain a part of the 27 man active roster.

During the off-season, there is no limit on # of MLC contracts on your roster. Once the pre-season draft commences, each team may only have 4 MLC contracts.

International signees and minor leaguers can ONLY be selected in the pre-season draft. No International signees, or amateur draftees will be available until NEXT SEASON'S PRE-SEASON DRAFT. International players are eligible to hold a Minor League position, as long as they fall within the specifications lested above.

6. TRADING

Trading of players and draft slots is an enjoyable aspect of fantasy baseball and is encouraged. The league policy on trades shall be substantially one of "caveat emptor" (let the buyer beware). No trades may include players to be named later or unspecified future consideration.

Future Draft Picks in the next annual draft may be traded at any time during the regular season. Off-season trades are subject to continuation within the league by the trading owner (or ratification by an incoming substitute owner).

In order for a trade to be finalized, BOTH teams involved MUST E-MAIL the entire league a short press release highlighting the details of the trade. All trades will be processed immediately WITHOUT league voting or commissioner approval.

Each trade will have a 'window period' of 7 days where I will wait for all league OBJECTIONS. Trade protests are to be sent ONLY to mlbwizard2@aol.com. 9 protests to a trade gets immediate reversal.

7 protests, gets evaluated by the 3 member league council. Here the FINAL decision to allow it or overturn it will be made.

7. DIVISIONS AND PLAYOFFS

There are 2 divisions, Liga Occidental (Western League), and Liga Oriental (Eastern League).

EIGHT teams make the post-season. The top seed in EACH DIVISION gets a bye week in 1st round of the playoffs. The remaining 6 teams are seeded strictly by their records, and playoff schedule will be determined accordingly. In each playoff contest, the team with the better overall record will be the “home” team.

During the playoffs, the 27-man Major League roster will be chosen for each playoff series from all players on the team (INCLUDING Minor Leagues). After each series, the owner will be allowed to “reset” his roster in order to begin the next series with his best squad of 27. There is OPEN free agency during the playoffs for all participating teams. Only players on the 27 man Major League roster can be picked up and dropped from Free Agency during the Playoff period. No players selected from free agency can occupy a Minor League position. All moves made during the playoffs will be REVERSED once the championship game has been played.

8. 2nd CHANCE PLAYOFFS:

The three losers of each 1st round playoff game, compete in Round 2. The loser of that game (8th place team) LOSES free entrance into the next season. This $500 prize goes into the 2nd chance playoffs!

ALL 8 TEAMS that do not make the HBC Postseason participate in the 2nd chance playoffs- The format is as follows:

All 8 non-playoff teams go head to head against each other. The TOP BATTERS and the TOP PITCHING advance to the 2nd chance Finale. Winner of the 2nd chance playoff recieves free admission (worth $500) into next season.

9. TIE-BREAKERS

Regular Season TIEBREAKER to determine playoff participation:

1. Divisional record.

2. Head to Head record

3. OB% (x 1000) + Pitching Wins

Playoff TIEBREAKERS:

1. Extra-Base Hits + Pitching Wins

2. Home Field Advantage

10. RULE V DRAFT

Each team will freeze 25 men each year by placing players on ACTIVE roster, and the unprotected players will be placed on the team’s minor league roster.

The e-mail Rule V draft will last for 2 rounds. The draft order will be worst to first and ranking based on Final Rankings. Each team will receive up to 12 hours to make its selection. Each team may select from the non-protected players by placing its selection on the message board to everyone.

The selecting team must give up to the team losing the player a 3rd round pick for a player selected in Round 1, and a 4th round pick for a player selected in Round 2. If the selecting team does not own a pick of the required round, it cannot select a player requiring that compensation in that round. If the selecting team owns multiple picks in the round as of the date when the Rule V draft started, it must give up the earlier pick.

When a team loses 3 players, that team will be removed from the Rule V draft.

A team may select an unprotected player from its own roster in the Rule V draft without losing a draft pick.

11. ANNUAL PRE-SEASON DRAFT

Team will select 30 keepers from their roster by a specified date. The draft will be 17 rounds long, and the draft order is determined by FINAL STANDINGS, after the playoffs have concluded.

Free agents, international players, amateur draftees and minor leaguers can selected in the pre-season draft.

12. DRAFT LOTTERY

The GM for each of the bottom 4 teams will send me a # between 001-999. On a specified date, the team closest to the winning evening Florida Cash 3 (http://www.flalottery.com/inet/games-cash3Main.do) will claim the top pick, followed by #2, #3, #4.

Each team will draft for 15 rounds.

All players (including MLs and unlisted players) not then owned by a HBC team are eligible to be drafted in the annual free agent draft. This includes international players, as well as amateur draftees from the previous season.

The draft order will be determined by Final Rankings, including playoff results and lottery results.

The time limit for the Free Agent draft is TBD. If a team misses a pick, the pick shall be skipped until the team makes the selection. Trades are allowed during the draft.

11. HBC Executive Panel

The Executive Panel will consist of 3 members with extensive fantasy knowledge in running a successful team and league. All final league decisions will be made here for the improvement of the league. For 99% of league issues, I will call for a full league vote.

Role of EXECUTIVE PANEL- Voting on issues such as termination of league membership, overturning of trades after 5 protests, monitoring lineup and transaction activity and conducting league business in the Commisioner's absence.

If any GM objects to any FINAL decisions made by the Commisioner, the GM can e-mail a formal request to mlbwizard2@aol.com within 48 hours of that decision being made. This will take the issue at hand into the EXECUTIVE PANEL for discussion, a possible league vote, and a final decision.

12. POSITION ELIGIBILITY: 10 games last season and/ or 10 games this season.

13. No SPAM mail. No forwarded chain letters are permitted in the HBC

I am a huge Reds fan and veteran Fantasy player who has been looking for a good local league with a live draft or at least an online league with other Reds fans. I would be interested in playing with you guys or trying to get a local league started up. Email me at batcountry44@verizon.net and we could discuss details.

Hi,

I run an NL Only 5x5 Online Auction league that has existed for over 18 years. We have dropped to 10 owners, and are looking for 3 new for expansion teams. That obviously may not fit what you are looking for, but if it does email me at stm@tconl.com for rules and other information.

Good luck finding something if this post does not help.

We have a great 18 Team League of very good owners. We need 4 new Mgrs.. This league was formed by groups of people from various leagues who are active and tired of the drop outs you refer to. I've posted in the forum about the league, but here are the details.

6 X 6 Roto

18 Team league with a $50 buy in. All $900 gets paid out.

Payouts-> 1st-$500, 2nd-$300, 3rd-$100 --> www.leaguesafe.com will be used.

Positions... (C,1B,2B,SS,3B,RF,LF,CF, OF, UTIL) (SP,SP,SP,RP,RP,P,P,P,P) (4 bench slots with 2 DL spots.)

Live Draft date is tentatively set for March 21st.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you are interested, please drop me an email chris.artibello@nucleus.com

hello

we have some openings if youre interested...

we are a $150 entry, 100% payout 5x5 roto, al.nl, non keeper, snake draft online at cbs sunday march 14...

we are a long running fun league!

if you have any interest or questions shoot me an email at

sewerleague@yahoo.com and i can send our league constitution

thanks,

matt h