Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

University at Buffalo

Fantasy Baseball 20 team keeper league

Forming a keeper league with anywhere between 16-20 teams. Here's the catch, there is NO trading allowed in the first season. You live and die by your draft. Here are the qualifications:

1. You MUST attend the live draft

2. If you have ever left a dynasty/keeper league you had joined through this site, you automatically are eliminated from joining this league

3. I want active, competitive owners who know their baseball. It's as simple as that and I will accept/reject owners. Don't take offense if a rejection happens...I formed a 20 manager keeper last year (going strong) and only accepted about 10% of the people who applied (I sold people on the fact that everyone invited had been a winner of a yahoo public league).

4. I am in the process of a website, currently set to launch in 2012. Big money is going into the site ($10,000 of my own money): design, hosting, etc...the one thing I am lagging are content writers. I MAY select those which impress me to be writers and the positions I am offering come with monetary compensation. Your participation in this league could lead to bigger things.

Nobody will be accepted who responds to this thread. You MUST PM me and I will have answer for you within 24 hours as to whether you will be a part of this league or not. Paying attention to detail is a must. This is for the diehard baseball people who live and breathe excel spreadsheets in the preseason of baseball. There's no fooling around here. If you have a question about the settings which can be answered by the posted league settings below, you are also not in the running to be a member of this league.

Again, if I reject your invitation, do not take it personal. I am recruiting who I think will be the greatest assets and those with the greatest amount of baseball knowledge.

Here are the settings:

Season Type: Full

Draft Type: Live Standard Draft

Draft Time: Sun Mar 7 7:00pm EST [ Add to My Calendar ]

Max Teams: 20

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Player Universe: All baseball

New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo! adds them

Max Moves: No maximum

Max Trades: No maximum

Trade Reject Time: 2

Trade End Date: August 15, 2010

Waiver Time: 2 days

Waiver Type: Continual rolling list

Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports

Trade Review: Commissioner

Post Draft Players: Free Agents

Max Acquisitions per Week: 5

Min Innings Pitched: 20

Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Playoffs: Week 23, 24 and 25 (6 teams) Note: Week 25 runs 14 days from Sep 20 to Oct 3

Divisions: Yes (4 divisions)

Playoff Seeding Options: All teams seeded according to overall standings

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL, DL, DL

Batters Stat Categories: Runs ®, Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Walks (BB), Batting Average (AVG)

Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (ks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Quality Starts (QS)

Divisions in the 1st year will be labeled according to: North, South, East, West. Divisions in the 2nd year will be labeled: MLB, AAA, AA, A

Again, depending if I am impressed, I may offer a $100 cash prize of my own money to the league winner.

10 keepers will be kept each season. 3 additional guys will also be kept with the provision of 300AB or less and 100IP or less.