Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shamrocks

19 rounds out of 20 in my MILB draft

it seems like this is always the case but i like my second half as much if not more than my first half. i really get into the deeper prospects. profar was obviously a big reach at 122, renfroe has no data but everyone loves him, and richards is all projection. ackley was high at 10 but Im praying he stays at 2B as I have Jose Lopez/Gordon Beckham and Alberto Callaspo as my 2B/MI platoon. Ill probably grad a HS pitcher with the last pick, although all the HS bats are there too. Salcedo just went so I was upset about that.

MILB - Jesus Montero © (NYY) (1/8)

MILB - Dustin Ackley (2B/OF) (SEA) (1/10)

MILB - Martin Perez (SP) (TEX) (2/19)

MILB - Christian Friedrich (SP) (COL) (3/38)

MILB - Lonnie Chisenhall (3B) (CLE) (5/66)

MILB - Jaff Decker (OF) (SD) (6/75)

MILB - James Darnell (3B) (SD) (7/94)

MILB - Jiovanni Mier (SS) (HOU) (8/103)

MILB - Jurickson Profar (SS) (TEX) (9/122)

MILB - Zack Wheeler (SP) (SF) (10/131)

MILB - Bryce Brentz (OF) (MTSU) (11/150)

MILB - Alex Colome (SP) (TB) (12/159)

MILB - Christian Colon (SS) (CSF) (13/178)

MILB - Domingo Santana (OF) (PHI) (14/187)

MILB - Tommy Joseph © (SF) (15/206)

MILB - David Renfroe (SS) (BOS) (16/215)

MILB - Garrett Richards (SP) (LAA) (17/234)

MILB - Nick Castellanos (3B) (HS) (18/243)

MILB - Christian Bethancourt (C ) (ATL) (19/262)

MILB - (20/271)

Draft pick trade (33, 80, MILB #47 for 50, 63, MILB #8): C.C. Sabathia, Curtis Granderson Carlos Carrasco for Gordon Beckham, Matt Cain, Jesus Montero

You have to be pretty pumped with getting Montero with the 8th overall pick... That is a steal. Especially by following that with Ackley with the 10th overall pick.

it seems like this is always the case but i like my second half as much if not more than my first half. i really get into the deeper prospects. profar was obviously a big reach at 122, renfroe has no data but everyone loves him, and richards is all projection. ackley was high at 10 but Im praying he stays at 2B as I have Jose Lopez/Gordon Beckham and Alberto Callaspo as my 2B/MI platoon. Ill probably grad a HS pitcher with the last pick, although all the HS bats are there too. Salcedo just went so I was upset about that.

MILB - Jesus Montero © (NYY) (1/8)

MILB - Dustin Ackley (2B/OF) (SEA) (1/10)

MILB - Martin Perez (SP) (TEX) (2/19)

MILB - Christian Friedrich (SP) (COL) (3/38)

MILB - Lonnie Chisenhall (3B) (CLE) (5/66)

MILB - Jaff Decker (OF) (SD) (6/75)

MILB - James Darnell (3B) (SD) (7/94)

MILB - Jiovanni Mier (SS) (HOU) (8/103)

MILB - Jurickson Profar (SS) (TEX) (9/122)

MILB - Zack Wheeler (SP) (SF) (10/131)

MILB - Bryce Brentz (OF) (MTSU) (11/150)

MILB - Alex Colome (SP) (TB) (12/159)

MILB - Christian Colon (SS) (CSF) (13/178)

MILB - Domingo Santana (OF) (PHI) (14/187)

MILB - Tommy Joseph © (SF) (15/206)

MILB - David Renfroe (SS) (BOS) (16/215)

MILB - Garrett Richards (SP) (LAA) (17/234)

MILB - Nick Castellanos (3B) (HS) (18/243)

MILB - Christian Bethancourt (C ) (ATL) (19/262)

MILB - (20/271)

Draft pick trade (33, 80, MILB #47 for 50, 63, MILB #8): C.C. Sabathia, Curtis Granderson Carlos Carrasco for Gordon Beckham, Matt Cain, Jesus Montero

I like the first four, obviously, Friedrich should be very good and surprised he hung around that long. I like Zach Wheeler @131 as well. I can't say I know much about the players after Domingo Santana, especially the high school players. But overall that should be a very nice group to go forward with.

yeah it was early on ackley, he might have hung around until 19 but i didnt really want bumgarner or matusz. if jennings had been there at 8 i would have gone jennings/santana at 8/10 probably but decided on ackley at the last minute with pick 10, i think hell be great although its probably a little bit of an overdraft

Pretty hard to screw up a minor league draft but your 8th, 9th, and 10th picks were about as solid as you can get.

Bethancourt in the 19th is a steal.

yeah i wanted salcedo but he had just signed and went the pick before me, i was targetting bethancourt for a while