Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jayhawk328

Looking for a league to join: buy-in does not matter

I have plenty of fantasy baseball experience, but not keeper league experience, however, would definitely be open to joining and I check my league multiple times per day. i would preferably like to use the yahoo engine as well since i'm most familiar with that site. message me if anyone has any open spots, thanks.

I have plenty of fantasy baseball experience, but not keeper league experience, however, would definitely be open to joining and I check my league multiple times per day. i would preferably like to use the yahoo engine as well since i'm most familiar with that site. message me if anyone has any open spots, thanks.

Since I'm super new, I cant send any IM's. But you're free to join my league.

You will be allowed to keep 4 guys on your roster for next season, and then we'll auction the remainder.

Here are the specs:

Quote:

League ID#: 340110

League Name: Auction Keeper League

Password: baseball

Season Type: Full

Draft Type: Live Auction Draft

Draft Time: Wed Mar 10 7:30pm CST [ Add to My Calendar ]

Max Teams: 14

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Player Universe: All baseball

New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo! adds them

Max Moves: No maximum

Max Trades: No maximum

Trade Reject Time: 2

Trade End Date: August 29, 2010

Waiver Time: 2 days

Waiver Type: FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak

Can't Cut List Provider: None

Trade Review: Commissioner

Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules

Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum

Min Innings Pitched: 10

Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Playoffs: Week 23, 24 and 25 (6 teams)

Divisions: Yes (2 divisions)

Playoff Seeding Options: Division winners awarded top playoff seeds

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL

Batters Stat Categories: Runs ®, Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base Percentage (OBP), Slugging Percentage (SLG), Walks (BB)

Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Strikeouts per Walk Ratio (K/BB), On-base Percentage Against (OBPA), Holds (HLDS)

There is a $500 per team draft budget (this is not real money, and it won't cost you anything to join), 30 seconds to nominate a player for auction, and 10 seconds between bids. Based on this info, this draft should cruise along at just under 3 hours.

You're welcome so long as you're active all season. If you have buddies looking for a good league, they're free to join, too.

My ultimate goal is to have a large pool of active and dedicated fantasy sports players to create fun and competitive leagues each season.

There is a $500 per team draft budget (this is not real money, and it won't cost you anything to join), 30 seconds to nominate a player for auction, and 10 seconds between bids. Based on this info, this draft should cruise along at just under 3 hours.

It will be at least 4 hours btw... just something you might want to let your leaguemates know. Anyway... can anyone tell me the point of having auction budgets that are not $260? All publications and media is geared to that numbers (yes its random and meaningless but its the standard... anything else just is confusing!). I never understood that. Good luck with your league... I would post my specs but its pretty similar to yours except with a 50 dollar buyin so I wont bother... but that always made me wonder. Have a good day

jayhawk - sent you a PM about our league.

while i'm not too picky, i should at say my preferences:

12-16 team league (12-14 is ideal)

rotisserie scoring

major league universe

no preference on positions

standard stat categories

no preference on re-draft/keeper

while i'm not too picky, i should at say my preferences:

12-16 team league (12-14 is ideal)

rotisserie scoring

major league universe

no preference on positions

standard stat categories

no preference on re-draft/keeper

Hi Jayhawk -

First must be able to attend a live in person draft in New York City on Saturday March 28th

Currently we have 13 teams

Rotissiere style

7 batting Cats BA OBA H R HRS RBI SB

7 Pitching: ERA WHIP QS W Saves K K/bb

10 active batters / 10 active pitchers / 5 subs plus DL'ed players

Limited keepers no more than 3 in any year and you can only keep a player one more year after you get him.

Daily Trades, DL's, and D2D injury replacements - otherwise Changes to lineups on Monday Night and Thursday night.

No transaction fees.

Buy in is $300 plus you can spend 225 or more in Free agents in season. The more is money not spent at draft out of 225 draft budget).

Payouts: 45%, 25%, 15%, 10% and 5%

Jayhawk, if you're interested and can make our draft

post yr email in response or email me.

Mike

commishwsfbl@gmail.com

Hey man,

I'm looking for a couple more owners for my league. The league is going to have between 10-14 teams. It is a 6X6 mixed roto league. R, HR, RBI, Avg., SB, BB, ERA, WHIP, K, W, SV, HLD are the categories. Cost is $50 per team and will be due before the draft, which will be held on 3/28 at 6:30pm EST.

Each returning team is keeping up to 5 players from the previous year and can't keep their top 2 picks from last yeat (so Pujols, HanRam, etc. will all be available for everyone in the draft.) New teams I bring in will start from scratch. Since each team from last year is only keeping up to 5 players, the new teams will not be at a disadvantage.

Most managers in the league have played together for quite a few years, and are very competitive. If interested, e-mail me and I'll sned you the constituion and answer any questions you have. I have about 2-3 spots left, and a few people who are interested so please let me know as soon as you can.E-mail me at jrhaslett@yahoo.com

Thanks, J.R.

hello jayhawk,

i run a 5x5 roto, non keeper, al/nl 14 team, $150 buy in, 100% payout, we are drafting sunday march 14th...

any interest or questions, sned me an email at

sewerleague@yahoo.com and id be happy to send you our league constitution.

matt h