Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shad6374

Which MILB Prospect Has Impressed You The Most So Far In Spring Training ?

Who are some surprises so far in spring training either guys who have flown under the radar and are now putting up crazy numbers or guys who everyone thought would be raking but are struggling.

Who are some surprises so far in spring training either guys who have flown under the radar and are now putting up crazy numbers or guys who everyone thought would be raking but are struggling.

Mets top 3 prospects (F-mart, Ike Davis, Jenrry Mejia) have all been very impressive so far.

I like seeing Ike Davis in both responses...In fact, I'm hoping for many of the ASU alums to do good...I currently own Ike Davis, Brett Wallace, and Mike Leake.

Hellickson, SP on the Rays:

Hellickson’s first outing against a major league lineup was the stuff that makes for a good Hollywood script, though some might call it too unbelievable.

Pitching against the New York Yankees and Derek Jeter, his favorite team and boyhood idol, didn’t seem to faze the 22-year-old Friday.

The right-hander faced four batters, striking out Jeter with a nasty curve, and then showed his moxy, getting Mark Teixeira swinging on a 3-2 changeup.

Hellickson has a choir boy look with a demeanor of a hired gun. He was almost apologetic about how he struck out Jeter.

starlin castro has looked pretty good

11/25, 2 2B, 1 3B, 1 HR, 4 RBI, 1:2 BB:K, 1.182 OPS

small size i know but looks like he isnt terribly overmatched

starlin castro has looked pretty good

11/25, 2 2B, 1 3B, 1 HR, 4 RBI, 1:2 BB:K, 1.182 OPS

small size i know but looks like he isnt terribly overmatched

I agree Starlin Castro (along with Heyward) has been awesome offensively. My concern is whether he can play defense. He made 39 errors last season, and the only elite prospect who made more (I can think of) is B.J. Upton before they moved him to the outfield. Forward this video to 5:00 to see Castro fielding ground balls at Spring Training...

The video is from early spring, but some of those misses (5:18, 5:50) look awful. I still think Castro is an excellent player, and I could easily be wrong (most articles say he's a great defensive player).