Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

texasfan04

Sleeper Prospects 2010

Definitely not great news. He'll hopefully return healthy, but considering picking college players in farm drafts is already speculative, avoiding players w/ an injury is not a bad idea. Anthony Ranaudo is another good college prospect I was thinking about picking in the later rounds I'm going to pass on b/c of a minor arm issue.

Speaking to the specific issue of power, I might take a look at the likes of Brennan Boesch (OF, DET) or Paul Goldschmidt (1B, ARI). Boesch is getting old for a prospect, but he packs a lot of pop & he could see some MLB time soon as a corner OF. Goldschmidt had a solid debut, so I look forward to tracking his progress.

CBS News:

. . . the Tigers said they will place Guillen on the 15-day disabled list and call up outfielder Brennan Boesch from Triple-A Toledo. Detroit manager Jim Leyland said Boesch will play Friday night in the opener of a four-game series at Texas. (Updated 04/23/2010).

Fantasy Analysis:

Boesch is having an excellent start to his Triple-A season. He is hitting .379 with three homers and 17 RBI in 15 games. Boesch might not be high up on the Tigers' prospect chart, but he has shown solid power for an outfielder in the minors and could be a sleeper in AL-only Fantasy formats.

CBS News:

. . . the Tigers said they will place Guillen on the 15-day disabled list and call up outfielder Brennan Boesch from Triple-A Toledo. Detroit manager Jim Leyland said Boesch will play Friday night in the opener of a four-game series at Texas. (Updated 04/23/2010).

Fantasy Analysis:

Boesch is having an excellent start to his Triple-A season. He is hitting .379 with three homers and 17 RBI in 15 games. Boesch might not be high up on the Tigers' prospect chart, but he has shown solid power for an outfielder in the minors and could be a sleeper in AL-only Fantasy formats.

Boesch is one that I have had my eye on and am considering adding in my AL-Only. Does anyone have anymore info / insight on him?

The other one that I have been watching and considering is Ryne Hughes.....same as above. Any ideas on how either of these 'older' prospects shake out?

A few very deep sleeper prospects who are on the cusp of breaking onto the mainstream scene.

Marc Krauss OF ARZ

Ryan Wheeler OF COL

Tyson Gillies OF PHI

Michael Pineda SP SEA

Jared Cosart SP PHI

Kyle Gibson SP MIN

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...&pid=468396

Alexi Ogando is his name and ridiculous stats is his game. I know virtually nothing about him but saw Buster Onley mention him in a column at ESPN about how the time is now for the Texas Rangers. In 14 AAA innings this year (3 starts - obviously not working very deep into games) he has posted an era of .93,a k/bb ratio of 14/2 over 9 2/3 innings while giving up all of 2 hits. He has very limited pro experience as a P, as he started as a position player in the OAK system, and has not thrown a bunch of innings at all Given the success he is having at AAA, and that no one is talking about this kid I think this is one to keep an eye on.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...&pid=468396

Alexi Ogando is his name and ridiculous stats is his game. I know virtually nothing about him but saw Buster Onley mention him in a column at ESPN about how the time is now for the Texas Rangers. In 14 AAA innings this year (3 starts - obviously not working very deep into games) he has posted an era of .93,a k/bb ratio of 14/2 over 9 2/3 innings while giving up all of 2 hits. He has very limited pro experience as a P, as he started as a position player in the OAK system, and has not thrown a bunch of innings at all Given the success he is having at AAA, and that no one is talking about this kid I think this is one to keep an eye on.

He's been trapped due to visa issues. He profiles as a reliever I think. That Rangers BP looks pretty young and strong w/ these types of pitchers.

Sickels had high praise for Wheeler. I thought about nabbing him in my dynasty league with one of my last picks, but with my roster, I decided to hold off on a 1B prospect and went with another pitching prospect.

Ryan Wheeler has been getting time at 3B. So far, 15 games there with only 1 error.

Any new news on Jaff Decker? His hammy must have been torn, he still has yet to log an AB.

Any new news on Jaff Decker? His hammy must have been torn, he still has yet to log an AB.

no real news, still out with the hammy.

no real news, still out with the hammy.

MONDAY, MAY 10, 2010

Single-A Lake Elsinore: Left fielder Jaff Decker, 20, is expected to join the Storm this week after being out the entire season with a strained right hamstring.

woo hoo!

Speaking to the specific issue of power, I might take a look at the likes of Brennan Boesch (OF, DET) or Paul Goldschmidt (1B, ARI). Boesch is getting old for a prospect, but he packs a lot of pop & he could see some MLB time soon as a corner OF. Goldschmidt had a solid debut, so I look forward to tracking his progress.

We all know what has happened w/ Boesch thus far. As for Goldschmidt, so far in the Class A Advanced Cali League, he's hitting .296 w/ 10 homers in 203 ABs. He may not develop into a star, but he projects to carry a boom stick.

Ryan Wheeler has been getting time at 3B. So far, 15 games there with only 1 error.

I think they're playing Wheeler over there because they also have the aforementioned Paul Goldschmidt (touted by Highlander above) manning 1B. It'd be great for Wheeler's value if he were being groomed at 3rd, and he's got a nice bat, but they also used 2 early '09 picks on 3B of the future types in Borchering and Matt Davidson as well (although I've heard "meh" reports about both of them on D). I just think they're playing Wheeler there to get him some more versatility and get two big bats in the lineup at once, but I'm skeptical on whether the D'Backs are grooming him to be their future, everyday 3B

Johnathon Singleton 1B PHI.

Johnathon Singleton 1B PHI.

After that quickly growing thread you've created, I'm not sure how much of a sleeper he's gonna be for long. B)

After that quickly growing thread you've created, I'm not sure how much of a sleeper he's gonna be for long. B)

Haha well I own him in my dynasty and that is all that matters!

Nolan Arenado, 3B, COL. He's off to a nice start & has solid power potential. Worth watching his progress.

What about Leury Garcia? Only batting .260 in A ball but he's barely 19 and has 29 SB's. Also only has 2 HR's but he's a real little guy and plays SS. Maybe another Andrus in the making.

We all know what has happened w/ Boesch thus far. As for (Paul) Goldschmidt, so far in the Class A Advanced Cali League, he's hitting .296 w/ 10 homers in 203 ABs. He may not develop into a star, but he projects to carry a boom stick.

6 homers in his last 10 games. B)

Gary Sanchez (NYY) and Jurickson Profar (TEX). Both are highly touted international guys, and while they are a step below Sano, they have started off looking pretty impressive thus far.

Marc Krauss, killed it in college but went later in the draft for whatever reason... He's producing well in the minors (.945 OPS) and currently on fire!!

Marc Krauss, killed it in college but went later in the draft for whatever reason... He's producing well in the minors (.945 OPS) and currently on fire!!

Ehh got to take the Cal league numbers with a grain of salt though.

Which prospects arent that well known but will be soon with the way they are playing.

Example: Trey McNutt, starting pitcher for the chicago cubs. He just turned 21 on August 2nd, this year his combined numbers in Low A and High A are 8-0, 2.00 era, 85.2 innings, 31 walks, 100 strike outs, and a 1.07 whip.

tough to say of who knows who, but I like Adrian Salcedo alot and I think he could be a name everyone knows about in a couple of years.

Gary Sanchez too.

Chris Dwyer

Marc Rogers (older prospect who flamed out but playing really well right now)

nick franklin

Paul Clemens

Jake Odorizzi

among others.....

Oswaldo Arcia, 05/09/1991, Anaco , Venezuela.

absolutely crushing the ball in the Rookie Appalachian League.