Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

footballpimp

Which one of these arms would you take?

Tyler Matzek, Jacob Turner, Zach Wheeler, Christian Friedrich, Casey Kelly...These are basically the main guys out there, I'm looking for a guy with huge upside....as of now I'm thinking Turner or Matzek, but don't really know much about any of them except Turner?

Thanks

I probably give the edge to Turner over Matzek. I like the fact that the Tigers have Turner because they've shown they can develop young pitchers and Comerica is a better pitcher's park. Having said that, they're both 18 so who knows.

I'll add Jason Knapp to the list. Sounds like he has fantastic upside and it also sounds like he's incredibly mature. Injury concern with off season shoulder surgery.

Out of the guys that were drafted this past draft, I would like to have Matzek, Turner then Wheeler in that order.

Matzek and Turner both profile to be potential aces, and Matzek comes with a great amount of polish. Turner is in the better situation because if he pitches well the Tigers have no problem pushing their young pitching prospects. But while Matzek will be pitching in Coors when he arrives, the consensus is that he could be pushed fast.

Wheeler is apparently held in higher regard than Madison Bumgarner when he came out of high school. That should mean something even given Bumgarner's recent issues with lost velocity.

In terms of when they will likely arrive...

Friedrich

Kelly

Wheeler

Turner

Matzek

In terms of who I would rather have...

Matzek

Turner

Friedrich

Kelly

Wheeler