Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swirsky Stars

**Playoffs 2009-2010 First Round Predictions**

Make your selections!

EAST

(1) CLE 4 - (8) CHI 2

(4) BOS 3 - (5) MIA 4

(2) ORL 4 - (7) CHA 1

(3) ATL 4 - (6) MIL 2

WEST

(1) LAL 4 - (8) OKC 2

(4) DEN 4 - (5) UTAH 3

(2) DAL 4 - (7) SAS 3

(3) PHX 4 - (6) POR 1

EAST

(1) CLE 4 - (8) CHI 0

(4) BOS 3 - (5) MIA 4

(2) ORL 4 - (7) CHA 1

(3) ATL 4 - (6) MIL 2

WEST

(1) LAL 4 - (8) OKC 2

(4) DEN 2 - (5) UTAH 4

(2) DAL 4 - (7) SAS 3

(3) PHX 4 - (6) POR 1

EAST

(1) CLE 4 - (8) CHI 0

(4) BOS 4 - (5) MIA 3

(2) ORL 4 - (7) CHA 1

(3) ATL 4 - (6) MIL 1

WEST

(1) LAL 4 - (8) OKC 1

(4) DEN 4 - (5) UTAH 3

(2) DAL 4 - (7) SAS 2

(3) PHX 4 - (6) POR 1

EAST

(1) CLE 4 - (8) CHI 1

(4) BOS 4 - (5) MIA 2

(2) ORL 4 - (7) CHA 2

(3) ATL 4 - (6) MIL 3

WEST

(1) LAL 4 - (8) OKC 2

(4) DEN 4 - (5) UTAH 3

(2) DAL 4 - (7) SAS 3

(3) PHX 4 - (6) POR 2

EAST

(1) CLE 4 - (8) CHI 2

(4) BOS 3 - (5) MIA 4

(2) ORL 4 - (7) CHA 2

(3) ATL 4 - (6) MIL 0

WEST

(1) LAL 4 - (8) OKC 3

(4) DEN 2 - (5) UTAH 4

(2) DAL 4 - (7) SAS 3

(3) PHX 4 - (6) POR 1

this, but I'm hoping for an upset in the CHA/ORL and OKC/LAL series.

Can't wait to see Billups vs. Williams.

EAST

(1) CLE 4 - (8) CHI 1 - Cleveland is going to take care of business without too much fan fair but I don't think it will be a sweep.

(4) BOS 4 - (5) MIA 3 - This one is close and Boston is terrible right now but I think a one man show a good match up for them. Their D is still strong and Pierce always puts on a heroic performance in the playoffs.

(2) ORL 4 - (7) CHA 1 - I think of Charlotte as kind of a poor man's Orlando. I'm not sure that makes for a fun series or not.

(3) ATL 4 - (6) MIL 1 - Wow did the Hawks get lucky with this draw. I bet that could pay dividends for them down the line.

WEST

(1) LAL 4 - (8) OKC 2 - wow wow wow do I ever want to call an upset here. I think the Thunder are kind of a nightmare matchup for the Lakers especially with their injuries but in the end if the Lak's don't take it on their own, the refs will give it to them. This one is going to be much closer than people think

(4) DEN 4 - (5) UTAH 3 - To me this depends heavily on Boozer's health. If he is gimpy and Kmart is looking strong, then I think Denver takes it. If Boozer is strong and Kmart is gimpy then it goes to Utah.

(2) DAL 4 - (7) SAS2 - This will be over quicker than people think. Spurs are banged up and Dallas is underrated.

(3) PHX 4 - (6) POR 1 - Portland hopefully has run out of bad luck, but it probably doesn't matter at this point.

EAST

(1) CLE 4 - (8) CHI 0

(4) BOS 4 - (5) MIA 3

(2) ORL 4 - (7) CHA 1

(3) ATL 4 - (6) MIL 2

WEST

(1) LAL 4 - (8) OKC 2

(4) DEN 3 - (5) UTAH 4

(2) DAL 4 - (7) SAS 3

(3) PHX 4 - (6) POR 1

East

CLE 4 - CHI 1

BOS 4 - MIA 1

ORL 4 - CHA 2

ATL 4 - MIL 0

West

LAL 4 - OKC 1

DEN 4 - UTH 3

DAL 4 - SAS 2

PHX 4 - POR 0

EAST

(1) CLE 4 - (8) CHI 0

(4) BOS 4 - (5) MIA 3

(2) ORL 4 - (7) CHA 2

(3) ATL 4 - (6) MIL 1

WEST

(1) LAL 4 - (8) OKC 1

(4) DEN 4 - (5) UTAH 3

(2) DAL 4 - (7) SAS 2

(3) PHX 4 - (6) POR 1

I suck, no upsets. I do think Chicago is gonna get their a**es handed to them. Cleveland ain't the Celts of last year and neither is the Chicago team of this year. Best series will be Denver and Utah.

I'm calling it now. Spurs over Mavs. Ginobili is a dangerous player in the playoffs. And he is finally healthy.

That's the only upset in the first round. And even that I wouldn't call it an upset. The Spurs is really that much underdog? If you Jazz wins you would be surprise? I mean from seed 2-7 (except for Portland because of Roy's injury), anybody can wins and it wouldn't be an upset at all. IMHO.

The Celts will not go down to the Heats. I'm surprise to see a lot of you guys already write off the Celts.

The East first round matchups definitely not looking as good as the West. Predictable to say the least.

I'm calling it now. Spurs over Mavs. Ginobili is a dangerous player in the playoffs. And he is finally healthy.

That's the only upset in the first round. And even that I wouldn't call it an upset. The Spurs is really that much underdog? If you Jazz wins you would be surprise? I mean from seed 2-7 (except for Portland because of Roy's injury), anybody can wins and it wouldn't be an upset at all. IMHO.

The Celts will not go down to the Heats. I'm surprise to see a lot of you guys already write off the Celts.

The East first round matchups definitely not looking as good as the West. Predictable to say the least.

Are you saying that is the only factor in which you believe the Spurs beat the Mavs? You do know the Mavs have Stevenson, Butler and Marion who can guard Ginobili.. A younger and quicker Haywood on Duncan along with Dampier. There is no one on the Spurs team who can guard Nowitzki.. just sayin..

I say Durant will win it all and make Lebron cry.

Oops...I mean OKC

EAST

(1) CLE 4 - (8) CHI 0

(4) BOS 4 - (5) MIA 2

(2) ORL 4 - (7) CHA 1

(3) ATL 2 - (6) MIL 4

WEST

(1) LAL 4 - (8) OKC 3

(4) DEN 3 - (5) UTAH 4

(2) DAL 4 - (7) SAS 1

(3) PHX 4 - (6) POR 0

EAST

(1) CLE 4 - (8) CHI 0

(4) BOS 3 - (5) MIA 4

(2) ORL 4 - (7) CHA 2

(3) ATL 4 - (6) MIL 1

WEST

(1) LAL 4 - (8) OKC 2

(4) DEN 4 - (5) UTAH 2

(2) DAL 4 - (7) SAS 2

(3) PHX 4 - (6) POR 2

East

CAV > CHI in 4

ORL > CHA in 4

ATL > MIL in 4

BOS> MIA in 6

West

LAL > OKC in 5

DAL > SA in 7

PHO > POR in 6

UTA > DEN in 6

Are you saying that is the only factor in which you believe the Spurs beat the Mavs? You do know the Mavs have Stevenson, Butler and Marion who can guard Ginobili.. A younger and quicker Haywood on Duncan along with Dampier. There is no one on the Spurs team who can guard Nowitzki.. just sayin..