Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skoodog

Unofficial NCAA Tournament Thread

I noticed Rotoworld didn't have a forum dedicated to this extremely important topic during bracket-setting week, so I wanted to get the ball rolling since advice on bracket-setting seems not so plentiful.

First off - is SOS (Strength of Schedule) rated on like a placement (i.e. 1st, 2nd, 3rd where ranking goes from low to high) or is it points-based?

Secondly, who are your Final Four picks for this season? Favorite upsets?

Here's my bold, unbacked-by-logic prediction - UNC is the first 1-seed knocked out in the 2nd round by Marquette.

/me pushes the snowball down the hill

George Washington reaches the reg Semis. UNC wins it all. Long Beach State reaches the SECOND ROUND!!

Final Four:

UNC, Oregon, Kansas, Texas A and M

George Washington reaches the reg Semis. UNC wins it all. Long Beach State reaches the SECOND ROUND!!

Final Four:

UNC, Oregon, Kansas, Texas A and M

I have UCLA, Florida, UNC, and Texas A&M in the final four. UNC wins it all. Not that controversial...

At least we got the same winner B) (?)

I'm risky in my picks...Well, not really.

Texas A&M, Texas, Florida and UCLA. Florida beats Texas 77-65.

If you guys would like to compete against each others, I started a Rotoworld Forums group at the NBCSports.com It's Madness game.

You can register and create your team at http://madness.nbcsports.com

Once you've created a team, click on the Groups link in the left menu and then the Join a Group link at the top of the next page.

Enter the following information to join the Rotoworld Forums group:

Group Number: 3624

Group Password: madness

Top prize from NBC is $2,500 cash.

I'll see what I can do to convince friar50 to throw in some Rotoworld swag for the person in the Rotoworld Forums group who has the highest score. B)

If you guys would like to compete against each others, I started a Rotoworld Forums group at the NBCSports.com It's Madness game.

Once you've created a team, click on the Groups link in the left menu and then the Join a Group link at the top of the next page.

I'll see what I can do to convince friar50 to throw in some Rotoworld swag for the person in the Rotoworld Forums group who has the highest score. B)

Right on! I'm in - which means the rest of you should probably not waste your time, since I already picked every game.

That swag is MINE!!!

Secondly, who are your Final Four picks for this season? Favorite upsets?

Here's my bold, unbacked-by-logic prediction - UNC is the first 1-seed knocked out in the 2nd round by Marquette.

I have UNC losing in the 2nd round too, only to Michigan State instead of Marquette.

Final Four:

Florida, UCLA, Texas, Ohio State. Ohio State over UCLA in the Final.

Upsets:

- Old Dominion (12) over Butler (5) and Maryland (4)

- Winthrop (11) over Notre Dame (6)

- Georgia Tech (10) over UNLV (7)

- Illinois (12) over Virginia Tech (5) and Southern Illinois (4)

- Wright State (14) over Pittsburgh (3)

- Nevada (7) over Memphis (2)

- Stanford (11) over Louisville (6)

- Gonzaga (10) over Indiana (7)

Furthermore I have a question - anyone been paying attention to Maryland? How good are they this year?

I swear I'm not trying to promote my thread, I'm just having some major cloudiness among a couple matchups in the Midwest. B)

I have UNC losing in the 2nd round too, only to Michigan State instead of Marquette.

Michigan St.? From what I've read it sounds like Marquette is all but guaranteed the win in this matchup. Even their coaches sound pessimistic in press conferences. They're in the bottom half of their division, for crying out loud (albeit a really strong division this year). UNC may be first out, but I don't think Spartans make it out of the first round.

Michigan St.? From what I've read it sounds like Marquette is all but guaranteed the win in this matchup. Even their coaches sound pessimistic in press conferences. They're in the bottom half of their division, for crying out loud (albeit a really strong division this year). UNC may be first out, but I don't think Spartans make it out of the first round.

I like Neitzel and Izzo over James and Crean. James is probably the better NBA prospect, but right now Neitzel will be the best player in the game, and the most likely to take over the game, as he did in guiding MSU to wins over Texas and Wisconsin.

Also - guard Jerel McNeal, who is Marquette's 2nd leading scorer at 14.7ppg, is going to miss the game with a hand injury. That's a big loss for Marquette, one I don't think they can overcome.

I'm in, Brownstown Bombers is my entry. Went out on a limb with Wisconsin hoping Butch comes back and they can pull an upset on Florida and took a chance on Texas over North Carolina but other than that went pretty conventional. Final 4 of Wisconsin, UCLA, Ohio State, and Georgetown.

There are about 15 minutes left to join It's Madness at NBCSports.com. Top prize is $2,500 and you can join the Rotoworld Forums group (see below) for the chance to win some Rotoworld swag.

Heck, I might even through in a custom tagline for the winner. ;-)

Thanks to those that have joined, should be a fun few weeks.

I am in. My team is Vitale-is. After many years, I had to return my former monikor "Keady's Combover."

Sorry Nick, but also being from Indiana, I can personally attest that people from Brownstown don't know anything about basketball (tic) B)

Anyone using CBS's often-laggy streaming video for the games? I can't even get the dang thing to play now that I'm in. Seems like they have this problem every year too.

I am in. My team is Vitale-is. After many years, I had to return my former monikor "Keady's Combover."

Sorry Nick, but also being from Indiana, I can personally attest that people from Brownstown don't know anything about basketball (tic) B)

Hey I haven't gotten any wrong.....yet

Anyone using CBS's often-laggy streaming video for the games? I can't even get the dang thing to play now that I'm in. Seems like they have this problem every year too.

Yeah I'm using it and it wasn't working at all at the start of the early games, but it is working just fine now. It does seem to be like 30 seconds or so behind the actual games but it's a lot better than nothing.

Hey I haven't gotten any wrong.....yet

Same here - although unless things change I'm paying the price with not going with my gut and picking Davidson over Maryland - I figured weaker division would leave them unprepared.

I'm about to go 1-2 w/ -2 pts possible. Stupid Maryland, get in this game!

So after this morning's 8 games of which I picked 4 to upset, I came out 4-4. Not a great start, but I only had one of those go to the sweet 16.

Let's hope we see some surprises tonight.

yea i'm perfect so far in this bracket,i'm only one shot.(knock on wood) i'm hopin i can keep it up

yea i'm perfect so far in this bracket,i'm only one shot.(knock on wood) i'm hopin i can keep it up

Oh well, first round is cool and all but the real money is made later on.. I put a lot on UCLA and A&M

I have long beach st, G Tech and V tech going to the sweet sixteen.

Final Four

Kansas, Florida, Texas and Texas A&M.

Texas over Florida in the final...

Durant is this years Anthony....one and done national champ

I have long beach st, G Tech and V tech going to the sweet sixteen.

Final Four

Kansas, Florida, Texas and Texas A&M.

Texas over Florida in the final...

Durant is this years Anthony....one and done national champ

I have VA Tech in the Elite, but tough luck on LBST, and G-Tech...I'd say your brackets are pretty well screwed after today.

After a completely horrid day I've been perfect for the day. I hope it keeps up.

Can you believe how badly the Badgers are getting dominated? I thought they were one of the favorites to win the Midwest!

I'm sure all brackets are about to get all f---ed up if Ohio State loses. Down 2...Oden out...9.3 sec to go...Xavier on the line.