Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Travis Burten

Steven Strasburg SP WAS

they aren't going to make money when he finally does start at home? The Nationals don;t care where his first start is, fyi. He'll be selling out seats for 10 years.

having a debut at home eliminates risk, if he goes and pitches on the road first some of the appeal is gone because everyone would have seen him, and in a worst case scenario he gets lit or even worse hurt, then WSH just screwed themselves for nothing, his debut is going to be a home game, unless WSH owes SD a favor i don't see him debuting there

How has no one mentioned this hilarity - steve phillips would trade stephen strasburg for roy oswalt. God I miss steve phillips on espn.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsb...rss=dcsportsbog

It has a link to the audio as well on wfan. How this man was ever in charge of a little league team is a mystery.

Spoiler alert! Steve Phillips would actually ask for strasburg PLUS someone else! My favorite part!

How has no one mentioned this hilarity - steve phillips would trade stephen strasburg for roy oswalt. God I miss steve phillips on espn.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsb...rss=dcsportsbog

It has a link to the audio as well on wfan. How this man was ever in charge of a little league team is a mystery.

Spoiler alert! Steve Phillips would actually ask for strasburg PLUS someone else! My favorite part!

Well, I own both, and while I'm happy to have Oswalt carrying my ratios and QS to the park every day, I would gladly trade him well before I'd give up Strasburg. Strasburg is basically untouchable in my NL dynasty.

Edit: Regarding the Strasburg and someone else. He probably thinks he could get Strasburg, Storen, Dunn, Zimmerman, and Zimmermann for Oswalt, 1/2 bag of balls, $14.95, and a single cheap seat ticket to an Astros game to watch the next baseball dynasty.

Well, I own both, and while I'm happy to have Oswalt carrying my ratios and QS to the park every day, I would gladly trade him well before I'd give up Strasburg. Strasburg is basically untouchable in my NL dynasty.

Edit: Regarding the Strasburg and someone else. He probably thinks he could get Strasburg, Storen, Dunn, Zimmerman, and Zimmermann for Oswalt, 1/2 bag of balls, $14.95, and a single cheap seat ticket to an Astros game to watch the next baseball dynasty.

And since they can't trade draft picks he'd also like to add Bryce Harper in as a deal to be made once he gets drafted. It's so so funny for any possible angle you want to take...

Real Baseball - Oswalt is owed $15 mill this year, $16 next. So for one and a half seasons of having a 32 yr old pitcher who has had health problems the last few years you would spend roughly $27 million dollars... as the nationals. To win what? Another 3 games? Okkkkk. Also, considering the absolute money machine strasburg will be including attendance and merchandise, the deal really comes to one and a half seasons for like $80 million dollars. now add in the fact that strasburg will be one of the top 10 sp in all of baseball the moment he sets foot on a mound, better than oswalt from pitch one, only steve phillips would pull this trade. Omar Minaya and Brian Sabean roll there eyes at this.

Fake baseball - if you own strasburg in a dynasty league you're like Charlie Bucket, you should run straight home charlie! Don't stop for nuthin! And sing with grandpa joe "I got a golden ticket"! This guy will be lincecum, or ryan braun. People will win championships because of him. Even in a redraft he'll give you a push. On top of the fact he is ridiculous trade bait to put out there if you truly believe he'll break down, so go out there and trade him for... oswalt? I like oswalt, but he isn't a top 10 pitcher, he has a quarter of the trade value, and he definitely has injury problems. Even as a fantasy gm, phillips is a moron.

But please listen to the audio, hearing the host IMMEDIATLY shoot down phillips and his silliness, and then hearing phillips scoff and get uncomfortable is priceless.