Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Harsh

Eminem - Recovery

Here's two unreleased Eminem songs:

Eminem ft. Cashis - Atlanta on Fire: http://www.thisis50.com/forum/topics/exclu...source=activity

Eminem ft. Stat Quo - Classic Sh.it: http://www.thisis50.com/forum/topics/anoth...source=activity

Both are pretty decent; I like the beat on the first one. Kind of reminds me of P.I.M.P. Em's verses are awesome, though.

Actually, after multiple listen-throughs, Atlanta on Fire is a great song. It really makes me wish that Aftermath kept Stat Quo and dropped his album. He's a great talent and is one of the few rappers who hasn't let Shady kill the song - in fact, he might have even had better bars.

He joined Michael Kay and Ken Singleton in the booth last night - good thing JayZ was also there b/c I think Eminem had no clue how to respond to them. 2 classics:

Singleton - So, I heard you've done some poetry

Eminem - umm, uhh, not really, umm uhh

JayZ - Well, yeah. Rap is poetry.... lucid comments....

Michael Kay - Thank you for writing the song "Forget yourself." I work out to it every day.

Eminem - Frightened look (obviously wishing Kay hadn't given him an image that will be forever emblazened in his memory).

I laughed when I heard that Em did a verse for that Airplanes song, so I checked it out. Actually came out pretty impressed

i heard "wont back down" off recovery which leaked a few days ago..... not liking it

i heard "wont back down" off recovery which leaked a few days ago..... not liking it

Lyrically, Eminem murks it. I mean obliterates it. No, like seriously, your ears should be bleeding.

But yeah, the rock/pop vibe isn't Em and he shouldn't go there.

Lyrically, Eminem murks it. I mean obliterates it. No, like seriously, your ears should be bleeding.

But yeah, the rock/pop vibe isn't Em and he shouldn't go there.

He needs to stay away from Pink...

Not the type of singer he should be doing a song with

Leaked

Got it all and I'm about to listen to it. I heard that it's legit. Like the real Em is back.

Sample Em lyric of Recovery:

"This time is different, my last 2 albums didn't count, Encore I was on drugs, Relapse I was flushin em out....I got something to prove to my fans, cuz I feel like I was lettin em down."

listened to the whole album a couple times thru. its actually a step in the right direction. its good, but a totally different sound than sslp/mmlp eminem. despite the change of sound, it still works for em on this cd. most songs on this are mediocre, but there are a few that are pure gold IMO. my favorites:

- cinderella man

- talkin 2 myself

- cold wind blows

- going through changes

- so bad

It's different because Dre and Eminem didn't collaborate to produce the beats. Instead he went for the big names (Alex da Kid, Khalil, etc.).

I think the lyrics for most songs are still vintage Eminem, but the album doesn't have the same feel; nowhere near as good as SS/MM, but maybe on par with TES?

Drake's album > Eminem's album.

Not in terms of sales, it won't be. B)

Not in terms of sales, it won't be. B)

I would say Drake sells more but we will see.

So far I haven't hear one song I like off of Recovery. It's sad to say but his stuff is better when he's messed up. He's not funny now, and it almost seems like he's forcing it too much. The Slim Shady persona needs to come back for a few songs too, just for fun. I'm not sure what he's doing with Pink, or Rihanna for that matter. I don't know, maybe it will grow on me, but my roommmate and I were listening to them last night and we didn't like it. Once I hear the entire album a few times I'll drop a few of my thoughts on it. I'll tell ya I wasn't a huge relapse fan at first either, but it grew on me. Deja Vu, and Medicine Ball are off the hook, nevermind the popular Crack a Bottle. Bagpipes from Baghdad is sick too.

My two favorite songs off this CD are probably "Love the Way You Lie" and "No Love"...I'm a Weezy fan though.

Eh I think the album is uninspired and mediocre at best. I was a huge Eminem fan back in the day but boy has he gone down hill with the rest of the rap world.

It's different because Dre and Eminem didn't collaborate to produce the beats. Instead he went for the big names (Alex da Kid, Khalil, etc.).

I think the lyrics for most songs are still vintage Eminem, but the album doesn't have the same feel; nowhere near as good as SS/MM, but maybe on par with TES?

Nah I would still put SS/MM with TES. I don't think I've ever listened to an album more then The Eminem Show. Every single song on there (sans Drips, I can just never get into that song) are a knockout.

This I think is a step below those 3, which obviously isn't a bad thing. It's a great, great album and you can tell he cares again, but it's very tough to live up to those 3 albums

Eh I think the album is uninspired and mediocre at best. I was a huge Eminem fan back in the day but boy has he gone down hill with the rest of the rap world.

agreed.

Very intrigued as to why you don't like it. Why do you say it's uninspired? He even sings plenty about how he lost himself and let his fans down. Numerous shout outs to Proof, who he lost some time ago (very strange it's so long ago).

Very intrigued as to why you don't like it. Why do you say it's uninspired? He even sings plenty about how he lost himself and let his fans down. Numerous shout outs to Proof, who he lost some time ago (very strange it's so long ago).

I think people are turned off by the fact that he went "pop" instead of sticking to the old formula (Dre, Royce, 50 and occasionally D12). That and his delivery isn't as precise on these songs as it used to be; also the fact that the beats are a little wacky in some songs and the material isn't as personal as it used to be.

The lyrics are still as good as ever, but I think he needs to go back to co-producing with the Doc instead of deviating from the formula.