Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Harsh

Eminem - Recovery

u all are out of your mind if you dont think this is a great album. lyrically, this is his best album in almost 15 years. He stopped with the accents, the wordplay is out of control and he got that old 'vintage' em flow back. and noone has mentioned the song "almost famous", that song is pure venommm, havnt heard him rap with that much intensity since MMLP, by far the most raw song on the album. and there is zero chance that drakes album will match this. zeroooo

u all are out of your mind if you dont think this is a great album. lyrically, this is his best album in almost 15 years. He stopped with the accents, the wordplay is out of control and he got that old 'vintage' em flow back. and noone has mentioned the song "almost famous", that song is pure venommm, havnt heard him rap with that much intensity since MMLP, by far the most raw song on the album. and there is zero chance that drakes album will match this. zeroooo

You can't even deny that you're a fanboy.

I think people are turned off by the fact that he went "pop" instead of sticking to the old formula (Dre, Royce, 50 and occasionally D12). That and his delivery isn't as precise on these songs as it used to be; also the fact that the beats are a little wacky in some songs and the material isn't as personal as it used to be.

The lyrics are still as good as ever, but I think he needs to go back to co-producing with the Doc instead of deviating from the formula.

Yea this pretty much. I agree with the material isn't being as personal but I can't exactly blame him too much for that. When he was first coming up he had a hard life and could write about that. Now he can't exactly write about that because he would come off like a douchebag who isn't happy with being ungodly rich.

To the kid who is too lazy to capitalize the first letter of every sentence you have to take a step back and look at this objectively for a second. Even people who like that album can I somewhat understand why a person might not like it.

I won't lie this album is good but his best not even close.

It's a lot better then his last few albums released tho.

I'm not sure I'm hearing the logic in not liking the beats. Harsh, I don't get what you mean when you say he went "pop". I think that it may be you are used to the old beats. Just a thought, but I don't want to start assuming why you are thinking things. I'm not you.

But this is the best he has sounded since Eminem Show. Loving the album more by the day. I don't skip over any songs. I remember when I got Encore I nearly vomitted when I heard a** Like That, Rain Man, etc... It was just miserable. Lyrically, like shady said, it's really up there for him.

I'm not sure I'm hearing the logic in not liking the beats. Harsh, I don't get what you mean when you say he went "pop". I think that it may be you are used to the old beats. Just a thought, but I don't want to start assuming why you are thinking things. I'm not you.

But this is the best he has sounded since Eminem Show. Loving the album more by the day. I don't skip over any songs. I remember when I got Encore I nearly vomitted when I heard a** Like That, Rain Man, etc... It was just miserable. Lyrically, like shady said, it's really up there for him.

Well, to answer the first part: 10 years ago, would you have thought that Eminem would ever collaborate with Pink or produce a song with the beat in Won't Back Down? He's beats are never that "pop," that "girly," for the lack of some better words.

If you listen to sounds like Lose Yourself or Until I Collapse or even something more recent like Mockingbird, you'll see that his delivery was a lot more precise down to the quarter of a second out of every 1/4 (or whatever it is, I'm not a music major but I can obviously hear). Now it's a little slower and he doesn't rap on complex beats; I think he's going for sales over quality, personally.

Lyrically, though, it's good. But if lyrics were everything, Canibus would be a God amongst men.

Well, to answer the first part: 10 years ago, would you have thought that Eminem would ever collaborate with Pink or produce a song with the beat in Won't Back Down? He's beats are never that "pop," that "girly," for the lack of some better words.

If you listen to sounds like Lose Yourself or Until I Collapse or even something more recent like Mockingbird, you'll see that his delivery was a lot more precise down to the quarter of a second out of every 1/4 (or whatever it is, I'm not a music major but I can obviously hear). Now it's a little slower and he doesn't rap on complex beats; I think he's going for sales over quality, personally.

Lyrically, though, it's good. But if lyrics were everything, Canibus would be a God amongst men.

I for one have always loved Pink. I know she is in Pop, but her sound is always good. And I don't think the song can really be classified as pop. Pink is cool with me.

Anyway, I understand the timing thing you are talking about, but I think he was more so concerned with people saying he lost the ability to pure rap. This album is nothing short of amazing. From front to end there is not a bad song. I guess I will leave it as I hope the album grows on you.

You're Never Over, Almost Famous, Going Through Changes, Talking to Myself, Space Bound, 25 to Life, Love the Way you Lie, Seduction, Not Afraid, Cold Wind Blows, No Love, Cinderella Man, So Bad. Epic CD.

Starting listening to the album a few times

Favorite songs

Space bound

No love

Seduction

25 to life

You're never over

Cd gets better every time I listen to it

Starting listening to the album a few times

Favorite songs

Space bound

No love

Seduction

25 to life

You're never over

Cd gets better every time I listen to it

Wooooo! I think every beat is great-amazing (use your own judgement scale haha). Almost Famous, the chorus is ridiculously good. The song is very raw and reminds me of a White America kind of song. I also think the chorus for Almost Famous would be PERFECT for a TV show intro. For something relating to that, that is. Think of a Nip/Tuck or Dexter type of show. Idk, maybe it's just me.

Anyway, I think the second verse on You're Never Over (song dedicated to Proof) is one of his best ever. "Imma put the dyna in mite" is a top lyric for me of Em's.

And Harsh, I understand what you are saying, but I'm not sure if I can pick up on it. Truthfully, his motivation of this album was Proof, twofold. Proof, his best friend throughout everything and proof. Proof that he wasn't washed up. He just hit a terrible point and need to prove everyone wrong You can definitely feel it throughout the entire album. He even says it "The new mes back to the old me and homie I don’t show no signs of slowin up, pullin up, blowin up, all over no mo"

Definitely good to have the new old Eminem back.

And Harsh, I understand what you are saying, but I'm not sure if I can pick up on it. Truthfully, his motivation of this album was Proof, twofold. Proof, his best friend throughout everything and proof. Proof that he wasn't washed up. He just hit a terrible point and need to prove everyone wrong You can definitely feel it throughout the entire album. He even says it "The new mes back to the old me and homie I don't show no signs of slowin up, pullin up, blowin up, all over no mo"

Definitely good to have the new old Eminem back.

Haha, well, to each their own. I personally don't think any of this is dedicated to Proof, especially not in any direct way. I also think some of the tracks are weak (no matter how many times I listen to "Won't Back Down," I just get get in to it).

But, on the bright side, there are some gems in this album that REALLY remind me of vintage Eminem and tell me he's still got it. Listen to this and tell me it doesn't make you feel like 1999:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2LqMsn_v-E

This album to me, is the best of Eminem that I've heard pretty much every track is nutty good.

My favorites are Almost famous, 25 to life, you're never over, not afraid, never back down, list goes on and on

Amazing album from EM

So far I haven't hear one song I like off of Recovery. It's sad to say but his stuff is better when he's messed up. He's not funny now, and it almost seems like he's forcing it too much. The Slim Shady persona needs to come back for a few songs too, just for fun. I'm not sure what he's doing with Pink, or Rihanna for that matter. I don't know, maybe it will grow on me, but my roommmate and I were listening to them last night and we didn't like it. Once I hear the entire album a few times I'll drop a few of my thoughts on it. I'll tell ya I wasn't a huge relapse fan at first either, but it grew on me. Deja Vu, and Medicine Ball are off the hook, nevermind the popular Crack a Bottle. Bagpipes from Baghdad is sick too.

Just curious if the album ever grew on you?

It's so incredible and the extra stuff he put out ala Echo, All She Wrote, I Need a Docter, Despicable.

Everything is amazing.

Just curious if the album ever grew on you?

It's so incredible and the extra stuff he put out ala Echo, All She Wrote, I Need a Docter, Despicable.

Everything is amazing.

I love this album, probably one of the very few albums that I liked MOST of the songs. Usually albums come out and there are like 2-3 good ones but this one is straight up fire! Eminem > Drake all day everyday

Hidden

Фильм, вышедший за несколько лет до эпохального «Хэллоуина», сразу установил такую планку, побить которую почти никому и не удалось. Несколько школьников/студентов катаются по Техасу, направляясь в родительский дом одного из героев. Приехав, не без приключений, до точки назначения, двое молодых и глупых заходят в пустой, вроде бы, соседский дом. И сразу же, один получает молотком по башке, девку же вешают на крюк. Уже весело, да? Оказывается, по соседству живет веселая семейка каннибалов, которые, после закрытия местной бойни, нашли себе новое лакомство. Помимо Дедушки (из которого, в буквальном смысле, песок сыплется) и Папы – главы семейства, есть еще и придурковатый Братец, и Малыш – здоровенный и тупой бугай, работающий у них поваром и добытчиком, носящий на своей уродливой роже маску из лиц своих жертв, и ловко орудующий бензопилой.

I love this album, probably one of the very few albums that I liked MOST of the songs. Usually albums come out and there are like 2-3 good ones but this one is straight up fire! Eminem > Drake all day everyday

Only song I don't like is On Fire. Every other song is nothing short of incredible.

his style is way different. not very similar to the sslp/mmlp eminem which is the one i worshipped.

that being said, i do like some songs off recovery alot:

cold wind blows

talkin 2 myself

cinderella man

going through changes

so bad

session one (bonus track)

not really a fan of any other songs though

I hope Encore and Relapse slipped your mind because that's a wild statement.

its all subjective, but no. The past 3 albums are probably his worst, but there were songs on encore/relapse that have more replay value to me. All the songs on Recovery sound the same. I do like No Love, 25 to life, and Spacebound though.

Recovery is my favorite CD of his. No Love is a great one.

more than SSLP, MMLP, and eminem show?