Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GBPig99

The Messenger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MEApxjYncI

Just wondering if anyone has seen it. It's not exactly the type of movie that I'm into but it's gotten amazing reviews and I'm a big fan of Ben Foster. Ever since I saw him in Alpha Dog and 3:10 To Yuma he's been one of my favorite actors so it's nice to see him land a lead role.... other than Pandorum which was awful.

It's in my Netflix. I hope to see it soon.

I see it's currently available to view online on Netflix. Hopefully I get a chance to watch it over the weekend.

I see it's currently available to view online on Netflix. Hopefully I get a chance to watch it over the weekend.

Nice, and thanks for the heads up. I don't know how many times I've gotten one in the mail to find it on instant within the next few day. It seems like instant is getting better also which is good. I honestly will start watching a TV series on instant and not even return my movies for a month lol. Like right now I'm addicted to 24 and have only gotten new movies once in the last month.

Nice, and thanks for the heads up. I don't know how many times I've gotten one in the mail to find it on instant within the next few day. It seems like instant is getting better also which is good. I honestly will start watching a TV series on instant and not even return my movies for a month lol. Like right now I'm addicted to 24 and have only gotten new movies once in the last month.

I like to watch foreign movies using that Netflix "Watch Instantly" b/c the subtitles are already there. I wish all films had the option to be streamed w/ captions on & I believe Netflix is working on this. I typically watch all DVDs w/ the English captions on b/c I find that actors tend to mumble & I can't understand what the hell they just said.

I like to watch foreign movies using that Netflix "Watch Instantly" b/c the subtitles are already there. I wish all films had the option to be streamed w/ captions on & I believe Netflix is working on this. I typically watch all DVDs w/ the English captions on b/c I find that actors tend to mumble & I can't understand what the hell they just said.

I'm glad it's not just me. Half the time to understand the dialogue I have to have the volume up so high that when music or sound effects come it about blasts you out of the room.

I'm glad it's not just me. Half the time to understand the dialogue I have to have the volume up so high that when music or sound effects come it about blasts you out of the room.

Really? Are you talking about everything you stream? I have no issue whatsoever with this. Of course %90 of what I watch are TV shows in HD so maybe that makes a difference.

Really? Are you talking about everything you stream? I have no issue whatsoever with this. Of course %90 of what I watch are TV shows in HD so maybe that makes a difference.

Since Nick was seconding my sentiment, I believe Nick was just talking about how actors mumble in general. HD or not, it won't affect whether or not an actor makes the effort to actually enunciate properly.

Guest ciderjack6

+1

I am reticent to watch dramas on Netflix instant play as well because of the lack of subtitles

You guys all hard of hearing or something? The only time I ever have troubles hearing really any movies are if it's British or something like that. You guys should get your ears checked or something.

I watched The Messenger on Netflix. The performances were strong but the film itself dragged on & on. Hence, overall I would say it was only okay.

I watched The Messenger on Netflix. The performances were strong but the film itself dragged on & on. Hence, overall I would say it was only okay.

Ah, I forgot to mention I liked the music used in the film. I esp. appreciated that they used one of my favorite bands, Clutch! The scene may have been brief, but I'll take any Clutch I can get!

Clutch - Profits of Doom