Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gary

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio

The man the myth the legend has passed today at the age of 67 from complications from stomach cancer. He is one of the reason that got me into the music that I love today. He had one of the best voices not just in metal but in any musical genre. He will be truly missed.

Rest In Peace.

Never listened...

Fix that:

Dude had a set of pipes. He was already 35 when he sang there.

Fix that:

Dude had a set of pipes. He was already 35 when he sang there.

Good stuff!

I heard the greatest quote ever about Dio on some VH1 show. " How can such a huge amazing voice come out of a guy that looks like Rhea Perlman"

Sad day it is B) Ronnie was truly one of the great classic singers and people of all time. his music and memory will live on and will never ever be forgotten.

Never really listened to Dio, heard him open for Iron Maiden. One of the few artists that can sell out Madison Square Garden for two weeks in a row. Not even your Lady Gaga can do that now. R.I.P. DIO THE HOLLLLLLY DIVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Facccccck Dio was so awesome, but Dio will never die everytime someone throws up the horns he is alive.

Hi-Z's post reminded me of this project, to which I didn't inhale much herb hardly at all: The Butterfly Ball and the Grasshopper's Feast

If the web was around in the mid-70s this would have gone viral:

THEN- Found this, of 30 years later Love Is All, Royal Albert Hall 2007 Didn't even know they (he, Glover et al) had done it that year.

There is also some awesome Elf material on Youtube worth checking out. Young, raw, bluesy Dio. Sweet stuff.

(NOTE: Guitarist for ELF was David Feinstein, Dio's cousin, who went on to found the legendary heavy metal power trio The Rods, who proudly billed themselves as "The World's Ugliest Band")

Hi-Z's post reminded me of this project, to which I didn't inhale much herb hardly at all: The Butterfly Ball and the Grasshopper's Feast

If the web was around in the mid-70s this would have gone viral:

THEN- Found this, of 30 years later Love Is All, Royal Albert Hall 2007 Didn't even know they (he, Glover et al) had done it that year.

There is also some awesome Elf material on Youtube worth checking out. Young, raw, bluesy Dio. Sweet stuff.

(NOTE: Guitarist for ELF was David Feinstein, Dio's cousin, who went on to found the legendary heavy metal power trio The Rods, who proudly billed themselves as "The World's Ugliest Band")

Good stuff!

Now I've got myself on a Dio / Tenacious D jag! B)