Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ludawg23

Your most memorable sporting event?

What's the most memorable sporting event you have attended?

Walk-offs, Epic playoff games, once in a lifetime plays...let's hear it.

Sadly, I haven't witnessed anything great in my lifetime but I hope that changes one day...i'm still fairly young

I went to a few Redsox playoff games, nothing too special. Went to a Celtics-Nets playoff game back in college and the Cs got smoked by 30 points B)

I was at MJ's first game back from Baseball.

That's about all I've ever seen.

Funniest moment ever game 2 years I was in Atlanta for a St.Louis game Pujols drilled a line drive homer dude caught it with his face.

How about missed?

My brother was taking my nephew to a Tiger's game a couple years back and had an extra ticket. He called at about 6:30 and was heading down to the stadium so I thought for a minute and decided against it.

Verlander threw a no-hitter.

How about missed?

My brother was taking my nephew to a Tiger's game a couple years back and had an extra ticket. He called at about 6:30 and was heading down to the stadium so I thought for a minute and decided against it.

Verlander threw a no-hitter.

How about the time my dad and I left a football game early. Yea it was the 4th quarter and the Jets were down like 30 pts to the Dolphins on MNF, so we bailed. Talk about regrets....

Flyers game - Keith Primeau scoring in the 4th overtime, I think it was, at about 4 something in the morning.

I'd have to say UFC111 painted just bleed on my chest, none of the people I went with wanted to do it so I had to have a random group of kids do it. They were so stoked gave me free beer and took pictures with all of them. Got to meet a bunch of fighters Nick Diaz, Patrick Cote, Martin Kampmann and Jay Hieron all really cool dudes. Than of course got to see Frank Mir pounded unconscious.

i was courtside for the knicks nuggets brawl. me and a few buddies saw an empty row in the 4th quarter and for some reason the security guard didnt check if we had tickets so we were sitting 5th row courtside, and got to see it all up close. we also got high fives from fat joe, and one of my friends swears he saw fat joe punch a nuggets player......

Flyers game - Keith Primeau scoring in the 4th overtime, I think it was, at about 4 something in the morning.

TEST

wow, cant imagine being at that game, but stayed up to watch it... reminds me of the longest game i was a World Cup of Hockey semi-final where Canada beat Sweden very late in a 3rd overtime... though my main memory was seeing Wayne Gretzky flip out on a guy and start punching him...

im probably older than alot of posters (old enough that seeing someone mention a UFC event in this thread makes me cringe), and have been lucky to attend a wide variety of events at various levels so i cant pick just one

lucky enough to see the Eagles win the NFC championship game, but most memorable football game would be a 95 playoff game against the Lions where everything that could possible go right for the Eagles did as they put 56 points up on the Lions, and we all taunted Lion Lomas Brown, who had guaranteed a Lion victory..can still hear the echo of that "Lo-mas, Lo-mas" chant

most memorable baseball game would be game 4 of the world series last year with stinking Johnny Damon's double-steal..

Larry Johnson running for 240 plus yards and 4 td's in the first half against Michigan State to reach the 2000 yard mark in 02 was memorable, but too bad he turned into such a jerk...

if i had to pick a favorite though, i might have to go with a high school game, Kobe Bryant's state-semi final game for Lower Merion against rival Chester at the historic Palestra, great overtime game, with Kobe capping the game with a ridiculous coast to coast jam that just made the place go nuts...

I was at the 92 NFC Championship game at Candlestick. The 49ers lost to the Dallas Cowboys 30-20, but it was still awesome. Aikman threw for 300+, Smith bulldozed for 100+ yards, and Alvin Harper had like 100 yards on two catches or something crazy like that. The part I remember most is that the game was gift-wrapped for the Cowboys in the first half. Every point came off an SF turnover, and Rice had a long TD called back for holding, though, Rice being Rice, he still went for 100+ and a score. Great, great game.

Cal versus Arizona, college football, 1996. The game went to 4 overtimes, and only ended because Wildcats coach Dick Tomey went for a trick play on a PAT to win the game. (Cal snuffed it out and won by a point.) I was in the student section, and during the overtimes we all shifted from one end of the field to the other as they alternated end zones.

Cal QB Pat Barnes had 503 yards passing and 8 TDs.

Cal versus Arizona, college football, 1996. The game went to 4 overtimes, and only ended because Wildcats coach Dick Tomey went for a trick play on a PAT to win the game. (Cal snuffed it out and won by a point.) I was in the student section, and during the overtimes we all shifted from one end of the field to the other as they alternated end zones.

Cal QB Pat Barnes had 503 yards passing and 8 TDs.

Wasnt Steve Mariuchi the Cal coach that year? And Tom Cable was his assistant too. Cant remember any players, but man, what a staff.

Fenway in '99 when Nomar hit 3 HR's (including two grand slams) and 10 RBI against the Mariners. His first HR was a cheapy down the RF line, but the other two were bombs!! The pitchers stunk for both teams. I think Pat Rapp started for the Sox...But seeing Nomar do his thing and Griffey in his prime was incredibile...

I saw Wilson Alvarez throw a no-hitter on August 11, 1991 against the Orioles in Baltimore. It was on the day before my 10th birthday.

Hmmm might have to change mine. Went to the Daytona 500 with my dad and saw Dale Earnhardt Jr. win it was surreal.

I've been to many sporting events, and some notable ones too, but I have to go with the impact felt at the final round of the 1999 Ryder Cup in Brookline, MA. The tent I was invited to be part of was very close to the green of Justin Leonard's historic putt. I can't even explain the jubilation felt by every American in the crowd when that putt dropped. Amazing to say the least.

Wasnt Steve Mariuchi the Cal coach that year? And Tom Cable was his assistant too. Cant remember any players, but man, what a staff.

Correct! It was Mariucci's only season at Cal before becoming 49ers head coach.

That team actually had a lot of NFL-caliber talent:

Pat Barnes QB

Tony Gonzalez TE

Ryan Longwell K

Jeremy Newberry OL

Tarik Glenn OL

John Welbourn OL

Deltha O'Neal RB (later became a CB)

Bobby Shaw WR

Unsurprisingly, offense was the strong point of that team. B)

For me...I was at the game in 1995 when Ken Griffey Jr broke his wrist, second row behind home plate...also went to all the M's/Yankees playoff games that year.

Also remember listening to Randy Johnson's no-hitter against the Tigers in...1990? Maybe?

Since then...went to the 2001 Home Run Derby...

I don't have much luck seeing historic moments live.