Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rockmastermike

Memorial Day Weekend Honor Roll

For those of us in the States, many of us will be on the road in a few hours for a long weekend and not around our regular computers/laptops.

Let's start early and open a thread to our Honored past and present Servicemen and women. I am an Army brat and learned early on the value of what is on the line for people who serve and go into harm's way for the rest of us.

A big THANK YOU to those to stand a post or maintain equipment or whatever you do or have done in uniform for this great country!

Agreed. We don't honor our servicemen enough.

When I was younger we always celebrated Memorial Day in school and honored the veterans. Today, literally nothing is done. I don't think kids even understand why they have the day off of school. I'm sure the playing of Taps and the honoring of the American soldiers offended someone and so it was decided to stop it to appease them and be politically correct.

In any event, thank you to every man and woman who has served our country. We are proud of you.

Agreed. We don't honor our servicemen enough.

When I was younger we always celebrated Memorial Day in school and honored the veterans. Today, literally nothing is done. I don't think kids even understand why they have the day off of school. I'm sure the playing of Taps and the honoring of the American soldiers offended someone and so it was decided to stop it to appease them and be politically correct.

In any event, thank you to every man and woman who has served our country. We are proud of you.

Probably because their parents drag them to the mall or the beach. They deserve the blame for this more than anything.