Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ludawg23

iPhone 4

Not sure if anyone is following the annual Worldwide Developers Conference but it's here!

http://gizmodo.com/5557101/iphone-4-the-definitive-guide

Also, Boy Genius has confirmed that the iPhone 4 will release on AT&T on June 24th. Prices not confirmed yet...

Bigger battery, Retina display, multi-tasking, iMovie, HD video... B)

Pre-orders start on June 15th

$199 for the 16gig and $299 for the 32gig...available in black and white

i just went to at&t to try to preorder and i was denied. just noticed you can't preorder till the 15th. lame.

I guess I have to pay extra since my contract isn't up until next year. What a load of crap.

I guess I have to pay extra since my contract isn't up until next year. What a load of crap.

ya same here. and i paid full price for the first one too.

Super super excited for this.

I've dropped my 3G phone like 400 times and its shot. The timing couldn't be any better. People can't hear me unless I use headphones.

Zomg please be a week from now, now!

Super super excited for this.

I've dropped my 3G phone like 400 times and its shot. The timing couldn't be any better. People can't hear me unless I use headphones.

Zomg please be a week from now, now!

Did you buy a case for yours?

I've been waiting for 2 years for Verizon to get the iPhone and I'm just going to jump ship now, this will be my first iPhone and i'm pumped.

Not sure if I want to get a case though, going for the "naked" look with a protective shield but I'm terrified of dropping the thing.

I've been waiting for 2 years for Verizon to get the iPhone and I'm just going to jump ship now, this will be my first iPhone and i'm pumped.

Not sure if I want to get a case though, going for the "naked" look with a protective shield but I'm terrified of dropping the thing.

I had a case, but truthfully never liked it. It's just so much sexier naked.

I've dropped it, like I said, literally at least 100 times and the front completely clean, it's just that back that is nicked up a bit. And it runs perfectly fine. I've had it for two years and it just started to fizzle with the audio. If you are clumsy like me, a case isn't an awful idea, just a matter of if you like how it looks.

Don't bother getting a case. They're too bulky and annoying in my opinion.

There is a protective cover you can get for $25 or $30 that is clear and goes around the whole phone - the screen and all. You can't tell it's there and it really works. It like some type of special material that the government uses on helicopters. It's great and never falls off or anything. Google it.

Don't bother getting a case. They're too bulky and annoying in my opinion.

There is a protective cover you can get for $25 or $30 that is clear and goes around the whole phone - the screen and all. You can't tell it's there and it really works. It like some type of special material that the government uses on helicopters. It's great and never falls off or anything. Google it.

Right, the protective shield I mentioned earlier.

Zagg, Invisi-shield make some decent ones...

But still, that doesn't protect the phone really if I were to drop it on the ground which would suck

just to let you know, if you drop it without a case on it and it dents or just scratches it... you'll never be able to get it swapped out for free if anything happens to it, and since you can't get insurance on it either you're just completely F'd. i dropped mine, had the tiniest scratch that didn't effect it... something happened with the hardware, and they told me tough s--- basically. if it's still in good condition, you can take it to an apple store and they'll almost always just swap it out for a brand new device.

i don't know if that's the same protocol, but i haven't heard otherwise.

just to let you know, if you drop it without a case on it and it dents or just scratches it... you'll never be able to get it swapped out for free if anything happens to it, and since you can't get insurance on it either you're just completely F'd. i dropped mine, had the tiniest scratch that didn't effect it... something happened with the hardware, and they told me tough s--- basically. if it's still in good condition, you can take it to an apple store and they'll almost always just swap it out for a brand new device.

i don't know if that's the same protocol, but i haven't heard otherwise.

http://www.squaretrade.com/pages/iphone-landing24

well there is your answer... although i myself think that is a bit steep to pay just for a potential what if ______ happens to my phone. good stuff though, i'll have to send this to my clutz girlfriend since it would make sense for her.

well there is your answer... although i myself think that is a bit steep to pay just for a potential what if ______ happens to my phone. good stuff though, i'll have to send this to my clutz girlfriend since it would make sense for her.

With my luck, I'd rather be safe than sorry. I'm prone to dropping things.

Back in the day when I refused to buy insurance, I had a few LCD monitors and digital cameras break on me...had to shell out some hefty dough back then.

Since then, I have purchased insurance for my LCD TVs and a few other items and nothing has happened since B)

I have a friend who has gone through 4 iPhones and had to pay full retail each time to replace it...you figured he would have bought the insurance by now

I guess it's a small price to pay for the added sense of security

With my luck, I'd rather be safe than sorry. I'm prone to dropping things.

Back in the day when I refused to buy insurance, I had a few LCD monitors and digital cameras break on me...had to shell out some hefty dough back then.

Since then, I have purchased insurance for my LCD TVs and a few other items and nothing has happened since B)

I have a friend who has gone through 4 iPhones and had to pay full retail each time to replace it...you figured he would have bought the insurance by now

I guess it's a small price to pay for the added sense of security

hah, i hear you on that... i'm usually pretty good with my electronics though, haven't had anything really malfunction on me aside from a computer... but i even had that over 5 years, so that is to be expected at that point really.

for those of u who are waiting for iphone to be available on verizon, i wouldnt hold your breathe.

Holy crap that was a horrible experience.

Both Apple and AT&T websites had multiple problems this morning and pretty sure it's still bad.

Finally got through with my premier account....took about 4 hours.

Can't wait till the 24th but I'm PRAYING that nothing goes wrong with my order.

Can't even imagine all the problems that will arise during launch day.

Yea I wasn't able to get through at all. I'm going to have to try at the store tomorrow. So freaking frustrating.

for those of u who are waiting for iphone to be available on verizon, i wouldnt hold your breathe.

I thought the best part of the presentation last week was when someone yelled 'Verizon' when they were having network issues, likely from all the tech nerds in the room blogging about the new iPhone

went to the store about an hour before i was supposed to be at work (soooo glad my boss is in canada right now), waited in line for about an hour and a half. preorder went through alright once i got in there, just took a little while because att's systems bogged down.

I thought the best part of the presentation last week was when someone yelled 'Verizon' when they were having network issues, likely from all the tech nerds in the room blogging about the new iPhone

lol, yea that was pretty funny actually