Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kanter112186

E3 2010

New:

Metal Gear Rising

Halo Reach

Gears 3

Metal Gear looks absolutely unreal.

ESPN has also signed a deal with Microsoft. Seems that you get 3500 live sporting events ranging from NCAA BB, NCAA FB, MLB, NBA and Soccer. You can say "X-Box, Replay" and it will pull up a replay of the previous play.

Their X-Box Connect looks like the coolest thing in the world. It essentially takes the coolness of the Wii, and takes out the controller. Waive at the screen and it recognizes you and logs in. Want to watch a movie? Choose the movie with your hands (No Controller). Need to pause? "X-Box Pause". All you need to say to stop the movie.

This is crazy. What year is it?

The live coverage is on-going now and the technology is just getting better and better. I'm not so convinced that the new Metal Gear is all that great looking though.

The live coverage is on-going now and the technology is just getting better and better. I'm not so convinced that the new Metal Gear is all that great looking though.

I guess that could be true, but I was pretty blown away by the sword stuff. Very cool you can specify your swing to cut through something.

But yea, the technology, wow. Consoles are going bonkers.

I guess that could be true, but I was pretty blown away by the sword stuff. Very cool you can specify your swing to cut through something.

But yea, the technology, wow. Consoles are going bonkers.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Metal Gear games. I remember the first one and have ever since always looked forward to the next in the series. I hope they speed up the pacing from the last game though. It seemed a little slow to me.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Metal Gear games. I remember the first one and have ever since always looked forward to the next in the series. I hope they speed up the pacing from the last game though. It seemed a little slow to me.

http://screwattack.com/videos/AVGN-Metal-Gear (NSFW language, as its the AVGN)

Im assuming you mean Metal Gear Solid for the PS1.....that game was awesome

Kinetic doesn't interest me one bit. Microsoft fell flat on its face this year it was bad realllll bad.

Also this isn't going to be your typical Metal Gear game, it is going to be very fast paced think Ninja Gaiden.

Also Nintendo has stolen the show so far. New Kirby, Star Fox, Kid Icarus, Epic Mickey, Zelda, Donkey Kong. Looks like they finally listened to their hardcore fan base.

Sony really hasn't done any so far in their press conference. It looks bad so far but I'm holding out for a big surprise.

Either way Microsoft was maybe one of the worst press conferences in recent memories. The problem I have with Kinetic is that all it is a glorified Eye Toy. Where is Milo? That is the one thing that impressed me about it, but without it it just looks completely idiotic. It is $150 and it is marketed at the casual audience, why would a casual gamer buy that when they could get a Wii for $200 bucks not to mention they would need a 360 as well. Completely stupid. Also people always bring up the "Minority Report" thing where you can wave your hand across the screen to select something why would I want to do that when a controller is going to be so much more accurate and less time consuming.

A David Jaffe Twisted Metal? Count me in, Sony's press conference wasn't amazing but it wasn't terrible.

New:

Metal Gear Rising

Halo Reach

Gears 3

Metal Gear looks absolutely unreal.

ESPN has also signed a deal with Microsoft. Seems that you get 3500 live sporting events ranging from NCAA BB, NCAA FB, MLB, NBA and Soccer. You can say "X-Box, Replay" and it will pull up a replay of the previous play.

Their X-Box Connect looks like the coolest thing in the world. It essentially takes the coolness of the Wii, and takes out the controller. Waive at the screen and it recognizes you and logs in. Want to watch a movie? Choose the movie with your hands (No Controller). Need to pause? "X-Box Pause". All you need to say to stop the movie.

This is crazy. What year is it?

All three games are for sure buys look pretty good no doubt.

Also I thought the new COD looked pretty good.

Kinetic doesn't interest me one bit. Microsoft fell flat on its face this year it was bad realllll bad.

Also this isn't going to be your typical Metal Gear game, it is going to be very fast paced think Ninja Gaiden.

Also Nintendo has stolen the show so far. New Kirby, Star Fox, Kid Icarus, Epic Mickey, Zelda, Donkey Kong. Looks like they finally listened to their hardcore fan base.

Sony really hasn't done any so far in their press conference. It looks bad so far but I'm holding out for a big surprise.

Either way Microsoft was maybe one of the worst press conferences in recent memories. The problem I have with Kinetic is that all it is a glorified Eye Toy. Where is Milo? That is the one thing that impressed me about it, but without it it just looks completely idiotic. It is $150 and it is marketed at the casual audience, why would a casual gamer buy that when they could get a Wii for $200 bucks not to mention they would need a 360 as well. Completely stupid. Also people always bring up the "Minority Report" thing where you can wave your hand across the screen to select something why would I want to do that when a controller is going to be so much more accurate and less time consuming.

Kinetic I think are for lazy people the games don't look that great ethier from what they showed.

The dancing game was straight terrible to watch.

A David Jaffe Twisted Metal? Count me in, Sony's press conference wasn't amazing but it wasn't terrible.

For real? I did not see today but can you confirm Twisted Metal?

I was literally just talking about that yesterday. Would be great!

I like that theyre going to make a new Goldeneye game for Wii.....that game consumed all of my spare time for one year in high school.

For real? I did not see today but can you confirm Twisted Metal?

I was literally just talking about that yesterday. Would be great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4szKj0cljxg

Yes and it is from David Jaffee like I said the man who created the Twisted Metal series and who made the original GOW so needless to say there is no need to worry about the quality of this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4szKj0cljxg

Yes and it is from David Jaffee like I said the man who created the Twisted Metal series and who made the original GOW so needless to say there is no need to worry about the quality of this game.

Holy crap. It looks so, so good. I loved those games.

I like that theyre going to make a new Goldeneye game for Wii.....that game consumed all of my spare time for one year in high school.

One year? Haha, this game consumed lives. It seems that it is nearly identical. What's scary is it doesn't look like the graphics are updated haha. I don't care. A new Goldeneye makes me a happy camper.

I remember spending Friday after school, all of Saturday, all of Sunday until football came on playing this game...It was amazing.

One year? Haha, this game consumed lives. It seems that it is nearly identical. What's scary is it doesn't look like the graphics are updated haha. I don't care. A new Goldeneye makes me a happy camper.

Well, that and Ocarina of Time. If I remember right, those two games came out within 2 months of each other.

I don't even care that the graphics dont really look updated.

Well, that and Ocarina of Time. If I remember right, those two games came out within 2 months of each other.

I don't even care that the graphics dont really look updated.

Single handily my favorite game of all time. Not even a question. The most enjoyable time I've ever had playing a game. I could literally go on for three pages on why this game is legendary, but I just don't have the time now.

Ocarina of Time and Final Fantasy X are the two most enjoyable games I've ever played that had a story longer then just shooting people. Depth, story arc, extra activities. Man oh man, I miss the good old days.

Single handily my favorite game of all time. Not even a question. The most enjoyable time I've ever had playing a game. I could literally go on for three pages on why this game is legendary, but I just don't have the time now.

Ocarina of Time and Final Fantasy X are the two most enjoyable games I've ever played that had a story longer then just shooting people. Depth, story arc, extra activities. Man oh man, I miss the good old days.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. I keep buying the new Final Fantasy's hoping that they are half of what either 7 or 10 were... I keep being disappointed though.

The newer Zelda games aren't too bad though. I enjoyed the new one for Wii... whatever it was called, haha.

The E3 looked really good this year. I do believe Nintendo stole away the crowd technology-wise with the 3DS. Now that is sick!

Microsoft's Kinect, code-named Nepal, has a lot, and I repeat ALOT of potential. The only games they showed were dumb Wii-esque games, but for shooters like COD Black ops and RPGs like Mass Effect. That will be cool, it all boils down to the game devs.

Sony didnt impress me at all sadly, but I have learned not to expect much from them...

The E3 looked really good this year. I do believe Nintendo stole away the crowd technology-wise with the 3DS. Now that is sick!

Microsoft's Kinect, code-named Nepal, has a lot, and I repeat ALOT of potential. The only games they showed were dumb Wii-esque games, but for shooters like COD Black ops and RPGs like Mass Effect. That will be cool, it all boils down to the game devs.

Sony didnt impress me at all sadly, but I have learned not to expect much from them...

Sony has been amazing in the past 12 months. They have had Infamous, God Of War 3, Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank.

Microsoft hasn't come out with any decent new IPs in ages. They have had Alan Wake which only took 8 years to come out. The best Xbox exclusive game they had last year was Shadow Complex which was on XBLA. That isn't saying much. I'm bored beyond belief with the Halo series Halo 3 was honestly terrible I thought. They watered it down by coming out with a Halo game a year. Also Kinect isn't going to be precise enough to play a FPS game in all of the tech demos I have seen it hasn't established itself from being anything but a eye toy plus. They didn't show Milo or anything at their press conference which is what people were excited about in the first place. Also I have owned a Xbox since launch and have been more than happy with how it was went besides that fact I've sent out my xbox 4 times and they lost it once, until these past 20 months or so when it seems like they don't have any decent exclusives at all. Also they put god damn Rareware on Kinect are you kidding me?

For my style of play Gary, MIcrosoft has gotten my choice. ME 1 and 2 were very intense, I am also true fanboy of the Halo series so those two games pretty much make up my mind as cosnole-exclusive games go. I have played MGS and Mag, but both of them (Iknow different genres and makers), but they both dont appeal to me. Most of these Japanese made games like Metal Gears Solid and SOCOM don't get me really excited to play. Halo 3 and ODST were alot of fun, and Reach looks equally entertaining. Gears of War is another gold game.