Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Code of Hammurabi

White Sox Announcers

These are two of the most incompetent ignoramuses I have ever heard in television media. How do the producers let these guys on the air everyday? They are both mega homers and neither knows wtf they are talking about. Baseball knowledge must be at zero or even at a negative. Cliches like "put in the board...yesssss" and "he gone" show the childlike instincts of these lame hooligans. Maybe its me?

Steve Stone is one of the best, most knowledgeable color guys in all of baseball. He doesn't know what he's talking about? Really?

I can see how anyone who isn't a Sox fan would hate Hawk, but most of us love him here on the southside. He takes homerism to a new extreme - but he's not doing a national broadcast. What broadcast team that does local broadcasts aren't homers?

These are two of the most incompetent ignoramuses I have ever heard in television media. How do the producers let these guys on the air everyday? They are both mega homers and neither knows wtf they are talking about. Baseball knowledge must be at zero or even at a negative. Cliches like "put in the board...yesssss" and "he gone" show the childlike instincts of these lame hooligans. Maybe its me?

I'm not a Sox fan, but they don't bother me at all. Are they homers with "childlike instincts?" Sure. But who cares. They're obviously having fun. This is a sport. I know baseball well. I don't need someone talking about the intricacies of the game, or reciting someone's BABIP and LD%. I know all that stuff. Sometimes I don't mind just being entertained, even if I'm laughing at them. Maybe it's me?

Yep. They're awful. Anyone who isn't wearing White Sox blinders knows that.

Hawk is probably the biggest homer you'll find in broadcasting. He gets so excited when the Sox are winning, and barely says a word when they're losing. Steve Stone is very good though, and one of the most knowledgable baseball people out there.

I dont think they are knowledgeable at all.

I can see how anyone who isn't a Sox fan would hate Hawk, but most of us love him here on the southside. He takes homerism to a new extreme - but he's not doing a national broadcast. What broadcast team that does local broadcasts aren't homers?

Technically speaking the WGN America games he does are national broadcasts.

With Physioc and Hudler now off the air Hawk is definitely the worst there is. That guy annoys the hell out of me.

Hawk is a complete hack. Stone is unfortunate to be paired with him.

These are two of the most incompetent ignoramuses I have ever heard in television media.

Welcome to the boards, Dusty Baker.

Hawk provides unintentional comedy, I actually don't mind him too much.

Some of my favorite Hawkisms: "Stretch, stretch." "Right size, wrong shape." "Can o' corn." and, of course, "He gaaawn."

One super annoying play by play guy is Josh Lewin of the Rangers. Dude genuinely sounds like his balls haven't dropped. When the Rangers win, he shouts "Ballgame" in his pre-pubescent voice.

i hate them.

I imagine him as a kid when a sox hit a HR.

"omg, that wasn't the biggest mashing radicool HR in the entire history of MLB, PUT IT ON THE BOARD......YEAH DUDE"

With Physioc and Hudler now off the air Hawk is definitely the worst there is. That guy annoys the hell out of me.

thought i heard Wonder Boy on a game this year. no?

Man, some of you guys need to loosen up a little bit. Hawk couldn't pull a greased tee out of your behinds with a pair of pliers.

Man, some of you guys need to loosen up a little bit. Hawk couldn't pull a greased tee out of your behinds with a pair of pliers.

Agreed, man. To me, an announcer like Vin Scully, who I respect for being in the game so long, bores me to tears. Like I said, I respect Vin, but Hawk at least provides unintentional comedy.

If you hate Hawk and Stoney, at least be thankful that Frank Thomas isn't in the booth full time. Wow, he's bad.

I've been watching the Sox my whole life so I'm used to Hawk by now, but he still annoys me. I hate how when the Sox are losing he get's irritated and silent. It's pretty childish. But he really seems like a likeable guy, so I can't hate too much.

YYYYYYYYYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for this. Now i have to scroll left and right to read the comments. B)

thanks for this. Now i have to scroll left and right to read the comments. B)

Now you messed it up for the second page :)

I'm saddened deeply that the great vin scully was compared to hawk harrelson. You ruined my night...

Agreed, man. To me, an announcer like Vin Scully, who I respect for being in the game so long, bores me to tears. Like I said, I respect Vin, but Hawk at least provides unintentional comedy.