Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Code of Hammurabi

White Sox Announcers

The best by far is DICK & BERT.

I would rather listen to 1000 white sox gms before 1 inning of a dodger game

BORING!

by far the worst announcer in the league, i mute the game when im watching it and sign into my mlb.com account and listen to the opposing teams radio station online, i dont care if its delayed its still better then listening to hawk!!!!

Anyone who thinks Steve Stone doesn't know what he's talking about proves without a doubt that YOU don't know anything about baseball.

Theres alot of bad announcers out there that somehow get jobs because they like to talk alot. Alot of announcers dont have any clue whats going on other than with the team they are broadcasting for.

Harrelson is pretty unbearable, but Harrelson and Steve Stone isn't nearly as awful as the Harrelson/Darrin Jackson pairing was. Steve Stone can be an excellent analyst when he's broadcasting a winning team, but towards the end of his Cubs days when the team wasn't any good, he started getting really smug, condescending, and needlessly critical of every move the Cubs made. It's no wonder most of the players wanted to beat the crap out of him.

And as bad as Hawk is for White Sox TV, Ron Santo is equally terrible for Cubs radio. Fans of both teams deserve better.

The thing is, if you watch Extra Innings, how many announcing crews are even decent? The Mets have a decent one, the Giants' guys are fine, and there are a few others who are decent, but most are atrocious. Harrelson is terrible, but as I said, he at least provides unintentional laughs, unlike most announcing crews.

Listen to the Phillies' announcers sometime, for example. They're horribly sanctimonious and incredibly boring. They're as bad as Harrelson, without the unintentional comedy factor.

The thing is, if you watch Extra Innings, how many announcing crews are even decent? The Mets have a decent one, the Giants' guys are fine, and there are a few others who are decent, but most are atrocious. Harrelson is terrible, but as I said, he at least provides unintentional laughs, unlike most announcing crews.

Listen to the Phillies' announcers sometime, for example. They're horribly sanctimonious and incredibly boring. They're as bad as Harrelson, without the unintentional comedy factor.

I like the Rockies crew....but I watch the Rays a lot and can't stand their announcers.

I second the Ron Santo being even a more terrible announcer on the radio. He just annoys me SO MUCH w/ his "gosh" or "gee whiz" every time a play doesn't go the Cubs way.

The thing is, if you watch Extra Innings, how many announcing crews are even decent?

I like

1) Dodgers home games - Vin Scully is the last of the greats

2) DBacks - Sutton and Grace

3) Mariners - Dave Sims

4) Padres - Dick Enberg

5) Giants - Jon Miller

Other than that, I'll typically just tune into my team's announcers, the Braves. Caray and Simpson are listenable, Smoltz, Glavine, and Lemke notsomuch.

The only ones I absolutely can't stand are Harrellson, Dibble, and Lemke. It's a shame Stone had to go work with Hawk -- it means I'll never listen to him again.

I like the Rockies crew....but I watch the Rays a lot and can't stand their announcers.

Great example. The Rays' crew is horrendous, much worse than Harrelson is because they're far more boring. I didn't think of the Rockies' guys, but they are pretty good.

I like

1) Dodgers home games - Vin Scully is the last of the greats

2) DBacks - Sutton and Grace

3) Mariners - Dave Sims

4) Padres - Dick Enberg

5) Giants - Jon Miller

Other than that, I'll typically just tune into my team's announcers, the Braves. Caray and Simpson are listenable, Smoltz, Glavine, and Lemke notsomuch.

The only ones I absolutely can't stand are Harrellson, Dibble, and Lemke. It's a shame Stone had to go work with Hawk -- it means I'll never listen to him again.

I respectfully disagree with a few of those. Scully is a legend, but he puts me to sleep. Not a big fan of Sims, Enberg, or Miller, but that's just my opinion.

I do agree Sutton and Grace are good, and also that Dibble is just brutal.

I respectfully disagree with a few of those. Scully is a legend, but he puts me to sleep. Not a big fan of Sims, Enberg, or Miller, but that's just my opinion.

I do agree Sutton and Grace are good, and also that Dibble is just brutal.

I can't tell you how many times i've passed out listening to him (maybe because it's usually midnight over here) B) . I like him *because* he puts me to sleep.

I agree with the D-Backs, they're my favorite. Grace has a talent for calling games.

bow down and respect the introducer of the batting gloves! Do you forget how Ruthian you slugged as a pee wee in your first pair?

homer yes, the guy loves the Sox. Much rather listen to him then the Bucks or Morgans of the world.

I third the Ron Santo complaint. He's easily the worst among the broadcasters for the Chicago teams. He just comes across as a huge doofus in the booth. Nice and all, but a doofus. Aside from constant cheerleading and "aw jeez" moments when something goes awry, he'll occassionally react to what Pat Hughes is saying with insightful color commentary such as, "yeah." Or ask Pat if X player was in the American League last year, or some other question that makes it seem like he pays no attention to baseball beyond freaking out if the Cubs score.

Giants have a good crew, Scully is a legend and I think the Mets have the best broadcasting team in baseball. They are good for any game, any score, any time.

Diamondbacks weren't bad either. Grace was a decent listen.

And to the man that made the comments about the Phillies, they are in that situation because of H.K.

Anybody that complains about Vin Scully shouldn't be allowed to ever watch baseball again.

Anybody that complains about Vin Scully shouldn't be allowed to ever watch baseball again.

Maybe not to the extreme, but the point of it, I will double the sentiment for.

Steve Stone is excellent, Hawk is ridiculous. But if you think the two together are bad, you should've heard them when it was Darrin Jackson and Hawk. Boo.

Bringing Stone into the booth with Hawk was a great move by whoever is in charge of that. Now the trick is to get Harrelson OUT of the booth.

Ron Santo is absolutely the worst. I've never heard a bigger homer announcer. Although he is pretty funny when the Cubs screw something up. Carey (not Harry, Chip I think) can be ridiculous too, he basically yells at the top of his lungs when the Cubs have a great play/homerun.

Vin Scully is perfection.

And yes, I would second that I could tolerate all of the other guys above (minus Santo) over Joe Buck, or Joe "I'm A Hall of Famer Yet No Nothing About Baseball" Morgan.

i don't mind the white sox broadcasters. i'd much rather listen to them than joe morgan, that's for sure.

I'd rather smash my head against a wall then listen to Joe Morgan.

I do happen to like his voice, just no brain whatsoever.