Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Code of Hammurabi

White Sox Announcers

These are two of the most incompetent ignoramuses I have ever heard in television media. How do the producers let these guys on the air everyday? They are both mega homers and neither knows wtf they are talking about. Baseball knowledge must be at zero or even at a negative. Cliches like "put in the board...yesssss" and "he gone" show the childlike instincts of these lame hooligans. Maybe its me?

Someone's a Cub fan!!!!! Maybe?...

Seriously Ken "The Hawk" Harrelson has some of the best calls in game. The best home run call ever (by far), the best strikeout call every "He gone!" Tons of people say that now (about things outside of baseball as well) and have no idea where it came from.

Staying lose and lax is a huge part of baseball... You have to have fun in the game. Sometimes that is what puts guys into slumps is just the fact that they aren't having fun. Why do you think Giambi breaks out the gold thong when he's slumping hard?

But yes I do agree Hawk is a fairly ignorant and very biast in his baseball analysis. Hawk is very bullheaded and John Wayne like. He constantly talks down the NL even though he openly admits he knows very little about the NL. He also picks favorite players who are absolutely terrible. Like Marco Scutaro, anytime the White Sox played the guy Hawk talked him up like he was Babe freaking Ruth. He sounded like Beavis from Beavis and Butthead just constantly saying, "Scutaro, Scuuuutaro, heh, heh, Marco Scuttttarrrrooo"

Now Steve Stone on the other hand is an extremely knowledgeable on baseabll, AL and NL for that matter. No doubt about it. Steve Stone constantly refers to himself as the worst pitcher to ever win a Cy Young. He has a great sense of humor and feel for the game. His baseball instincts are virtually unmatched.

If you are baising this off of a game or two maybe you just caught a game where Steve Stone was off and Darin Jackson replaced him. Cause DJ is terrible and Stoney is great, which is why he has his own very successfull AM radio talk show here in Chicago.

Steve Stone is one of the best, most knowledgeable color guys in all of baseball. He doesn't know what he's talking about? Really?

I can see how anyone who isn't a Sox fan would hate Hawk, but most of us love him here on the southside. He takes homerism to a new extreme - but he's not doing a national broadcast. What broadcast team that does local broadcasts aren't homers?

Try watching NESN ( Red Sox ) Jerry Remy and Don Orcello. You would almost not know they are the Sox broadcasters. And NO I am not a Red Sox fan . They make it fun to watch with being pounded with the home team crap. Harrelson is terrible. And I agree. It really does sound childish.

The thing is, if you watch Extra Innings, how many announcing crews are even decent? The Mets have a decent one, the Giants' guys are fine, and there are a few others who are decent, but most are atrocious. Harrelson is terrible, but as I said, he at least provides unintentional laughs, unlike most announcing crews.

Listen to the Phillies' announcers sometime, for example. They're horribly sanctimonious and incredibly boring. They're as bad as Harrelson, without the unintentional comedy factor.

Phillies' broadcasting may never be the same now that Harry Kalas is gone. He and Richie Ashburn were one of the best pairings I can ever remember. The transition to Tom McCarthy and Chris Wheeler as the primary team has been a massive downgrade; I'd just as soon turn down the TV volume and listen to Scott Franzke and Larry Andersen on the radio.

My only quibble with Vin Scully is that because he's by himself in the booth, he seems to talk a bit too much at times. I've noticed that each time I've watched the Dodgers. He no sooner finishes one thought when he's jumping right into another, as if every single minute aspect of the game needs constant commentary.

FWIW, I had a brief conversation with a Yankees fan about this recently, and she agreed that a Harrelson-Dibble-Suzy Waldman trio is a match made in hell.

THIS GAME IS OVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hidden

Äóìàþ âðîäå ê ìåñòó :) Åñëè ÷òî íå òàê, ïåðåíåñèòå.

äëÿ õîðîøåé ðàáîòû êîìïà ïîëüçóþñü ýòîé ïðîãîé ñàìàÿ íåïðèõîòëèâàÿ è ïîíÿòíàÿ. À ãëàâíîå î÷åíü ôóíêöèîíàëüíàÿ. Ïîïðîáóé. êîìï ðåàëüíî ðàáîòàåò áûñòðåé.