Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LinceArmStrong

Will Inman Traded

wow...cant believe the Brewers did that...guess they are really going for it all this year...Inman leads the minors in k's i believe

heres a little bit on Inman from mlbtraderumors:

However, Baseball Prospectus' Kevin Goldstein questioned how his "below-average stuff and elite-level command" would play at Double A. The results in his first eight starts at that level have been mixed at best. He's taken a couple of shellackings, but has looked solid in his last three efforts. Goldstein wonders whether he may be a Yusmeiro Petit type, a guy who used deception to post some great minor league numbers despite mediocre stuff. Petit fooled the Marlins enough for the Mets to snag Carlos Delgado, at least.

Inman is very young for Double A; put him in PETCO in 2009 and I don't see why he can't keep his ERA under 5. Doesn't blow you away but innings eaters are fetching $8MM annually these days. Great move by Kevin Towers, because he won't miss Linebrink. He can't lose.

I wonder if Jefferes is available. He has a nice fastball, although his stats don't jump out at you.

Yeah, I'm a bit suprised Inman was gone for someone like Linebrick. I know he's had good seasons, but this one has been tough for him, but if the Brewers are in win-now mode, why wouldn't they want someone who's actually doing good this season?

Any idea where Inman is going to report?

Any idea where Inman is going to report?

It looks like he's heading to San Antonio (AA).

PS: I hate this deal for Milw

Seriously looks like Pads came away with a steal from what mlbtraderumors said about what the Brew Crew gave up.