Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rotoking07

Epic Wimbledom Match

I don't pay much attention to tennis as I've never even heard of either of these two until tonight, but I just caught this on the news. This match has been suspended twice due to darkness. These two guys have already played more games in the fifth set (59-59) than have been played in any other completed match in Wimbledom history. Play resumes tomorrow.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/wi...tory?id=5319726

Day 3...tomorrow!

It's simply incredible. Won't ever see this again. No one can break the others serve because they have zero energy.

9.5 hours of play, the 5th set has taken 6.5 hours and is still going. Unreal.

Soccer and Tennis dominated today. WHAT COUNTRY AM I IN!?!?

It actually got to the point where it was just boring and, well, sadly bad tennis. I applaud the guys to no belief though, but it just got to the point where neither could put a point away and it wasn't even that interesting aside from the length of the set. Either way, I can't even imagine 7 straight hours of tennis, unfreakingreal.

It actually got to the point where it was just boring and, well, sadly bad tennis. I applaud the guys to no belief though, but it just got to the point where neither could put a point away and it wasn't even that interesting aside from the length of the set. Either way, I can't even imagine 7 straight hours of tennis, unfreakingreal.

70-68... im probably just paranoid, but no chance these guys didnt agree after the first night to extend this as long as they could, for the sake of attention and possible advertising deals, right?

not only the longest tennis match ever, but the longest a Frenchman has ever gone before surrendering in recorded history.... if he had a longer trip home the French should fly him home on a private jet and give him a parade to spite the French soccer team

70-68... im probably just paranoid, but no chance these guys didnt agree after the first night to extend this as long as they could, for the sake of attention and possible advertising deals, right?

not only the longest tennis match ever, but the longest a Frenchman has ever gone before surrendering in recorded history.... if he had a longer trip home the French should fly him home on a private jet and give him a parade to spite the French soccer team

I get it's jokes and all, but this Frenchman did no surrendering. He was visibly quite upset that he played all of this time to result in a loss.