Sign in to follow this  
jockoe

Vincent Jackson 2010 Season Outlook

Let's go San Diego get a deal done soon; I hate holding onto this guy without knowing when he will be available. Just hope he gets traded and comes back week 5 and my team isn't like 1-3 or 0-4.

If the Vikings get Jackson and Rice comes back after awhile don't be surprised if they release Berrian, he's been horrible.

Edited by murraygd13

According to ProfootballTalk.com, "at least one team has worked out a deal with Chargers WR Vincent Jackson."

It's now a matter of the Chargers approving the trade. It would make sense for the Chargers to wait for Week 2 to end, with thought that an injury to a team's WR would increase interest in Jackson. The Vikings, Rams, and Seahawks have all been linked to the disgruntled Jackson

It has to be the Vikings. I think they know they won't have Rice for a long time. Question is what is the compensation? I doubt it is 2 2nds like Miami gave up for Marshall, but if they think they are in dire need it should be at least one 1st or 2nd.

Okay, Vikes. Desperation time.

Per RW: Vincent Jackson-WR-Chargers Sep. 20 - 7:19 pm et

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Vincent Jackson is a "long shot" to be traded prior to Wednesday's NFL-mandated deadline.

At least four teams have interest in Jackson, but it appears the roadblocks of trade compensation as well as a contractual agreement are just too large for the Vikings, Rams, or any other club to overcome. We wouldn't drop V-Jax in fantasy leagues just yet, but with each day the odds of him playing a single snap in 2010 go down. Chargers GM A.J. Smith isn't budging.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Per RW: Vincent Jackson-WR-Chargers Sep. 20 - 7:19 pm et

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Vincent Jackson is a "long shot" to be traded prior to Wednesday's NFL-mandated deadline.

At least four teams have interest in Jackson, but it appears the roadblocks of trade compensation as well as a contractual agreement are just too large for the Vikings, Rams, or any other club to overcome. We wouldn't drop V-Jax in fantasy leagues just yet, but with each day the odds of him playing a single snap in 2010 go down. Chargers GM A.J. Smith isn't budging.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

I would be shocked if he's not dealt to the Vikes. I think AJ is just creating more desperation. The deal is going to happen. The Vikings clearly don't have the receivers necessary to contend.

How does not trading Vincent benefit the Chargers? What would be different next year?

It doesn't benefit them if they're ready to part ways. If they wanted Jackson, they could sign the 1 year tender with him, but that just means they have the same issue next year. It's the Vikings that are so desperate that they need him THIS year or bust. So they can ink the one year deal, make the trade and give up the 2nd rounder, then hope for a Super Bowl run and that they can sign him to a longer deal should things work out. Since they're all in with Favre, it makes sense.

still crossing my fingers...wednesday can't come any sooner!

Me too seriously. They need to make this happen. Everybody in my league scoffed when I picked him up late in the draft, I'm anxious to cash in.

No Vincent Jackson deal, yet

Posted by Mike Florio on September 21, 2010 12:50 PM ET

With the clock ticking toward a Wednesday afternoon deadline for Chargers receiver Vincent Jackson landing with a new team and missing only four games, there are rampant Twitter rumors and speculation that a deal between the Chargers and the Vikings has been reached.

If that's the case, no one is talking about it yet.

Though neither team privately will confirm that anything is happening, neither team has dismissed it, either.

Sources close to the player continue to take a "we'll see" approach to the situation.

Per RW: Vincent Jackson-WR-Chargers Sep. 21 - 1:16 pm et

In the face of rampant internet and Twitter rumors, Profootballtalk.com reports that sources close to Vincent Jackson are taking a "we'll see" approach to trade talks with the Vikings.

Neither the Vikings nor the Chargers will confirm that a trade is brewing, but there are no dismissals either. The San Diego Union-Tribune's Kevin Acee says it looks like the Vikings rumor "might be" true but "no one is confirming yet." Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune hears that there is "no truth" to rumors that it's a "done deal." Stay tuned for updates.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

man, why would Vincent Jackson want to go to Minnesota? I'd give up a few mil just to stay in Cali.

cuz he can leave the next year.

Per RW: Vincent Jackson-WR-Chargers Sep. 21 - 1:16 pm et

In the face of rampant internet and Twitter rumors, Profootballtalk.com reports that sources close to Vincent Jackson are taking a "we'll see" approach to trade talks with the Vikings.

Neither the Vikings nor the Chargers will confirm that a trade is brewing, but there are no dismissals either. The San Diego Union-Tribune's Kevin Acee says it looks like the Vikings rumor "might be" true but "no one is confirming yet." Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune hears that there is "no truth" to rumors that it's a "done deal." Stay tuned for updates.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

It makes sense for all 3 parties to pull this trade. The Chargers GM needs to stop playing hard ball.

SD is prob not even playing hardball....if they don't care to have him, they prob just want to keep VJ waiting as long as possible....just to act like a dick.

Edited by Pooskay

So none of you believe the problem with the Vikings is with their 41 year old qb? How would Harvin and Berrian play if Manning was the qb, if Schaub was the qb, if Brees was the qb?

Instead of assuming every single Minnesota receiver can't play, perhaps look into who's throwing the ball.

The guy spent the entire offseason planning a glorious comeback for himself, when what he really needed to do as a 40-year old qb was to practice harder than all the other 20/30 year-old qbs in the league. You can line up Wayne, Garcon and Collie as wide receivers for the Vikings and they will all look like Berrian.

So none of you believe the problem with the Vikings is with their 41 year old qb? How would Harvin and Berrian play if Manning was the qb, if Schaub was the qb, if Brees was the qb?

Instead of assuming every single Minnesota receiver can't play, perhaps look into who's throwing the ball.

The guy spent the entire offseason planning a glorious comeback for himself, when what he really needed to do as a 40-year old qb was to practice harder than all the other 20/30 year-old qbs in the league. You can line up Wayne, Garcon and Collie as wide receivers for the Vikings and they will all look like Berrian.

+1.

That team has all the weapons it needs in ADP, Harvin, and Shiancoe. Time for someone to stop doing jeans commercials and look in the mirror.

I mean, c'mon, you guys are saying Favre didn't have a good year last year?? What planet are you on? It was his best statistical year ever, he is one of the greatest QB's ever...Eveyone needs to chill out, Vikes will be fine in a couple of weeks, once their timing gets better...He misses Rice for sure, and Berrian is a total turd, there is no way around it, but these guys will get it straightened out.

+1.

That team has all the weapons it needs in ADP, Harvin, and Shiancoe. Time for someone to stop doing jeans commercials and look in the mirror.

And who else would they have gotten to play QB in the offseason that would have done anything worth a damn?

Hmm? Leinart? B)

BTW, I think I remember having this same argument last year when some bozos on here were clamoring for Sage Rosenfels to start, and how Favre was garbage, yadda yadda yadda...Don't make go back and pull out the posts!! B)

Edited by dsmoke1986