Sign in to follow this  
jockoe

Vincent Jackson 2010 Season Outlook

interesting develpment.

Kind of, except for the fact the Seahawks suck hard at O-Line and are very questionable at QB. Would Hasselbeck even be able to get him the ball? I doubt it - he has a noodle arm and he's as brittle as they come.

Assuming this actually happens I'd guess he be worth a pick in the 5th-6th rd in a 10-team league. I wouldn't take him over Nicks and probably not over Crabtree either.

I really do hope it happens because it at least improves his value over what it is now (nonexistent) - and it adds another WR to the mix in the 1st half of the draft...

I dropped Golden Tate this morning and picked up Naanee. I must say that this new news about VJax possibly going to the Seaturkeys has me feeling good.

Edited by Maligator

Both the San Diego Union-Tribune and Seattle Times confirm that the Seahawks have indeed held contract-related conversations with unsigned Chargers restricted free agent Vincent Jackson.

A league source tells the Union-Trib that the sides have been in talks for "at least several days." "Nothing is considered imminent," according to the Seattle paper, though the Seahawks do have plenty of time to orchestrate a deal with Jackson suspended for the first three games of the regular season.Source: San Diego Union-Tribune

RW news: Chargers placed unsigned restricted free agents Vincent Jackson and Marcus McNeill on the roster exempt list.

GM A.J. Smith continues to play hardball. The players currently withholding services were sent letters informing them of the Chargers' plans to invoke a three-game suspension, applicable upon signing their tenders. That brings Jackson's total to six games under suspension if he does sign. The Seahawks have recently spoken with Jackson's agent, but demands to surpass Brandon Marshall's four-years, $46.5 million have caused a stalemate. San Diego's asking price of a second-round pick is not believed to be an issue.Source: North County Times

Big upticks for Floyd and Naanee.

Vjax has no value the way I see it. AJ Smith wont resign him long term at this point, no other team is going to give up a pick and a huge contract for him with his issues. Though if Im not mistaken, the 3 game suspension for the drunk driving can actually be served during the first three games even though he is holding out and hasnt signed his tender.

WR2

On his flag football team maybe. B) Just joshing.

If this latest information is correct, it will crush his draft position. 6 games missed at a minimum and it's not like that's all it could be. I may take a flyer on him in a dynasty, keeper, or deep league with deep benches, but it certainly doesn't look good. As Joint said, if he gets traded to the Hawks, that's not exactly a great thing for his value either but at least it would get him on the field most likely.....He wants more money than Marshall, which is kind of crazy because he doesn't have the resume' of Marshall, but doesn't hurt to ask I guess......Floyd will now be coveted and Nanee becomes very intriguing late in the draft....

he'll only be suspended 3 games. The rotoworld update said that the roster exempt suspension serves at the same time of the drunk driving suspension.

he'll only be suspended 3 games. The rotoworld update said that the roster exempt suspension serves at the same time of the drunk driving suspension.

IF he signs before September 4th or a week before the season. This was simply done to provide motivation for other teams to trade him. I don't think it makes much difference to VJax if he stays with SD. Ploy by SD to keep his trade value high while showing Jackson's camp that they will play hardball. It's good news for VJax owners in the interim but he's still a extremely high risk proposition, especially for a WR that's never caught 70 balls.......Physical stud though....

Well I was a little curious and jackson tacked on 3 game suspension if he doesnt sign by sept 4 will follow him to whatever team signs him (if at all)...its August 24 and Im starting to feel that Jackson's asking price is just too high and that he will not play this year.

hahaha thought i would update this

The San Diego Union-Tribune's Kevin Acee hints that the Vikings have made inquiries about unsigned restricted free agent Vincent Jackson.

Citing league sources, however, Acee reports that Minnesota "immediately balked" at Jackson's contract demands. Acee reports that "no one" is willing to pay Jackson the five-year, $50 million deal he's seeking. V-Jax isn't going to the Vikings, but he's just as likely not going anywhere until he 1) Signs his one-year tender, and 2) Lowers his long-term asking price.

I feel like vjax is shooting himself in the foot and probably should stop being so greedy

hahaha thought i would update this

The San Diego Union-Tribune's Kevin Acee hints that the Vikings have made inquiries about unsigned restricted free agent Vincent Jackson.

Citing league sources, however, Acee reports that Minnesota "immediately balked" at Jackson's contract demands. Acee reports that "no one" is willing to pay Jackson the five-year, $50 million deal he's seeking. V-Jax isn't going to the Vikings, but he's just as likely not going anywhere until he 1) Signs his one-year tender, and 2) Lowers his long-term asking price.

I feel like vjax is shooting himself in the foot and probably should stop being so greedy

You nailed it. He wants more money than Brandon Marshall, yet he comes with similar baggage, has only put up one season with numbers comparable to Marshall, and is a year older. Ridiculous.

Interviewed by NFL Network on Friday, Vincent Jackson reiterated that he is prepared to sit out the entire 2010 season.

Jackson says he'd "above all else" want to be a Charger for life, but will do whatever is necessary to get his desired long-term contract. V-Jax told NFLN that he never asked for a trade out of San Diego. He also guaranteed that he'll never get another DUI after being charged with two as a fifth-year pro. Aug. 27 - 4:57 pm et

I wonder if Jackson is going to budge at all...I know his agents said that they would pay jackson and jackson would pay them back but that cannot be an ideal situation for jackson or the agent corporation representing him if he doesnt play this season and then the NFL goes on strike next which is a real possiblility

he's an idiot. there's no way you're talented enough to get brandon marshall money so just suit up and shut up already

Interviewed by NFL Network on Friday, Vincent Jackson reiterated that he is prepared to sit out the entire 2010 season.

Jackson says he'd "above all else" want to be a Charger for life, but will do whatever is necessary to get his desired long-term contract. V-Jax told NFLN that he never asked for a trade out of San Diego. He also guaranteed that he'll never get another DUI after being charged with two as a fifth-year pro. Aug. 27 - 4:57 pm et

I wonder if Jackson is going to budge at all...I know his agents said that they would pay jackson and jackson would pay them back but that cannot be an ideal situation for jackson or the agent corporation representing him if he doesnt play this season and then the NFL goes on strike next which is a real possiblility

No, you "above all else" want your money and contract. Being a Charger comes second. Idiot.

No, you "above all else" want your money and contract. Being a Charger comes second. Idiot.

This is funny, I wish the reporter said it to his greedy face.

This is funny, I wish the reporter said it to his greedy face.

how is he greedy? seriously....i own VJax in a Dynasty league so him holding out does piss me off. But why shouldnt he do what he has to do to get paid? Lets say he played this year under his currant contract....he blow out a knee...then NEVER gets a payday. The owners have the advantage when it comes to player contracts, as they can cut/drop any player when they choose. VJax is lookingat his last NFL contract....why wouldnt he want to get the most money he can? If he played for anyone other than the Chargers GM AJ Smith he would already have a contract...i dont think he is doing anything wrong even if it is killing my dynasty team

I watched the interview, and I came away with the impression that he has no problem sitting out the entire season. He is dead serious.

I really believe the Leon Washington injury last season is a big part of the reason why so many guys are holding out. He was in line for a pay day, and suffered a horrific injury. These guys are going to do what ever they have to do to get paid now with the uncertainty of the new CBA.

As for VJax, the one rumor I heard that I found interesting was St. Louis, although I doubt the Rams would fork over that contract plus the draft pick to get Jackson.

do the rams want to win or be the worst team in the NFL? seriously...

if you have the option of picking up a top 10 wideout in the game by only losing a 2nd round pick (what have the recent draft picks done for the rams lately?) you make the bloody move and give the fans an excellent talent to cheer for.

if you have the option of picking up a top 10 wideout in the game by only losing a 2nd round pick (what have the recent draft picks done for the rams lately?) you make the bloody move and give the fans an excellent talent to cheer for.

I imagine if it were only a pick and $0 money they would have done it

VJax doesn't play guard.

Rams don't have any wide receivers either...please skoodog, tell me more.

Sorry, my previous post was indeed a bit vague. Allow me to expound.

See, the Rams have one of if not the worst offensive lines in the National Football League. Given the fact that it's difficult for a quarterback to throw an accurate pass in time to one of his pass targets when you have several gargantuan defensive linemen coming at you at full speed, there may warrant a bigger need to get better protection for said quarterback in the way of more talented, experienced or unified offensive lineman/linemen. This of course is multiplied by the fact that the quarterback is a rookie coming into a league that's at a higher level of talent than anything he's ever experienced before and has a few questions about durability due to an injury he sustained in college.

So when I said "VJax doesn't play guard" i meant that they may have a more glaring need at one or many of the offensive line positions, and the addition of a deep threat is of marginal value given the reasons stated above. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.