Sign in to follow this  
jockoe

Vincent Jackson 2010 Season Outlook

thats old news. the rams already announced they're not going after VJax anymore.

Muahahahaha it is new news check the date...and actually i was able to pull this before rotoworld

The Rams reportedly pulled out of the V-Jax sweepstakes on Thursday according to NFL.com, but Thomas is one of the best in the business. The Rams are in desperate need of weapons to aid Sam Bradford's production and if they get a deal done by today, Jackson would be eligible to play by Week 4. Stay tuned. Sep. 4 - 2:37 pm et ,<---- Check time and when i posted

anywho... i think bradford and vjax would be a good fit and bradford has looked good in his preseasons game...Lets get it done rams!

In that weak NFC West, V-Jax would be a great fit.

Rams would be best case scenario in my opinion and would make him at least a good WR2.

Muahahahaha it is new news check the date...and actually i was able to pull this before rotoworld

The Rams reportedly pulled out of the V-Jax sweepstakes on Thursday according to NFL.com, but Thomas is one of the best in the business. The Rams are in desperate need of weapons to aid Sam Bradford's production and if they get a deal done by today, Jackson would be eligible to play by Week 4. Stay tuned. Sep. 4 - 2:37 pm et ,<---- Check time and when i posted

anywho... i think bradford and vjax would be a good fit and bradford has looked good in his preseasons game...Lets get it done rams!

try not to hurt your arm patting yourself on the back B)

I still dont see V-Jax being traded, the Bolts GM really is that stupid and arrogant.

I agree...surely defenses will stack the box to stop SJax and force Bradford to beat them. VJax could get a TON of targets in that offense. And yes...his prospects would be better in STL than in SEA in my opinion.

It's good for SJax owners too, as VJax keeping the defense honest will pull some of those 8-mans back.

Re: Billabong - has Bradford been seeing 1st string D-lines or 2nd string? I don't watch much pre-season.

Just a few more minutes till he becomes inactive for a minimum six weeks. Bet his agents are busy B)

why is he out six weeks. I thought it was three?

Isn't it six if he stays in SD, but three if he's elsewhere? That was my understanding, though I'm no expert.

Anyone know that if your in a yahoo league if your going to be able to move him to IR or something so he doesn't take up a roster spot.

The fact that there is no information about this makes me think something happened before 6

yea or....there is just nothing to report. Hey i want VJax to get traded as much as anyone, but the fact he is the biggest story right now NOT named Revis and there has been nothing? not even speculation? Trust that those beat writers are digging for something right now...and there is nothing. I hope im wrong though

According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Rams have decided against trading for Vincent Jackson.

The Rams "talked about the possibility" of acquiring Jackson but were apparently scared off by his asking price or the Chargers' -- or both. Barring a last-minute surprise, it looks like V-Jax will not be dealt. The Rams will enter the season with Danny Amendola, Laurent Robinson, Keenan Burton, Brandon Gibson, Mardy Gilyard, and Dominique Curry at wide receiver.

Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch

According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Rams have decided against trading for Vincent Jackson.

The Rams "talked about the possibility" of acquiring Jackson but were apparently scared off by his asking price or the Chargers' -- or both. Barring a last-minute surprise, it looks like V-Jax will not be dealt. The Rams will enter the season with Danny Amendola, Laurent Robinson, Keenan Burton, Brandon Gibson, Mardy Gilyard, and Dominique Curry at wide receiver.

damn....

I understand the Rams have other needs....but adding VJax would only improve Bradfords confidence and chances this year. A lot of people are excited about the Lions offense this year....or maybe just i am lol. But lets say the Rams did get VJax...all of a sudden they automatically join the "exciting" offense group. Smart QB, rookie yes, but still smart and has ability...top-notch RB in SJax, apparently a promising TE in HoomanYourMama....young complimentary WR's....and a shotty D.

I know i know its moot to even think about it at this point...i hope whoever the Rams owner is gets slapped by his girl/wife tonight.

I did have a waiver in to VJax as a speculation, since I had a spare TE I could drop.    I'm guessing I should probably kill that, as it looks like he won't be playing for 6 weeks anywhere.

damn....

I understand the Rams have other needs....but adding VJax would only improve Bradfords confidence and chances this year. A lot of people are excited about the Lions offense this year....or maybe just i am lol. But lets say the Rams did get VJax...all of a sudden they automatically join the "exciting" offense group. Smart QB, rookie yes, but still smart and has ability...top-notch RB in SJax, apparently a promising TE in HoomanYourMama....young complimentary WR's....and a shotty D.

I know i know its moot to even think about it at this point...i hope whoever the Rams owner is gets slapped by his girl/wife tonight.

All that being said....I noticed the RW post said "Barring a last-minute surprise"...??? Does that mean there is still time on the clock?

All that being said....I noticed the RW post said "Barring a last-minute surprise"...??? Does that mean there is still time on the clock?

I think it's over, dude. Time to decide whether you want to hang in for 6 weeks or cut bait B).

I think it's over, dude. Time to decide whether you want to hang in for 6 weeks or cut bait B) .

lol...yea. I have no choice though...Dynasty league have him under contract, along with Sidney Rice :)

....but i still have Roddy/Smith(CAR)/MikeWilliams(TB)/SantanaMoss...so with having those guys, as well as VJax/Rice its looking like ill be pretty DEEP at WR next year

he's going to seattle....look out.

Why....to visit the Space Needle? B)

Yeah, I knew I reached on Jackson early (6th round in a 14 team league), but now it really sucks. Wish I'd grabbed a QB instead.

Why....to visit the Space Needle? B)

The Pacific NW is very tranquil this time of year......and they have very lax drunk driving laws.....

Tough break for those that invested. He may sign this season, but what would you get from him? Is he good enough to come in and contribute at last year's level? Would there be in residual discipline from the coaching staff such as not playing initially? What kind of shape would he be in? I expect you'll see him on WW in a ton of redraft leagues and I'm not sure you he's the best keeper either.....