Sign in to follow this  
jockoe

Vincent Jackson 2010 Season Outlook

I'm in an 8 team league and he's on our waiver wire. Somebody did pick him up after our draft, tried using him as trade bait, and eventually dropped him. He's intriguing, but I just don't have the room on my bench to have him sit there.

......and they have very lax drunk driving laws.....

Now it make sense!

Thought I was getting a good deal getting this clown with a draft pick in the off-season. So much for that.... B)

Its actually new news, Einstein. The old news is that they pulled out...

And now they are back in...

Vjax to the rams would make me very happy...

yeah my fault for not knowing what happens deep inside the Rams organization every day.

yeah my fault for not knowing what happens deep inside the Rams organization every day.

its alright i ll let it slide this time...anyway i dont think think he'll play this year...his stock just went way down i was going to give it up till thursday in my league to cut bait with him

So he is out for the first 3 games of the season due to his suspension and will now miss another 3 games because he was put on the Roster Exempt list.

Not eligible to play until at least week 7 and any team that trades for him after Week 3 will be without him for 3 games.

Chargers playing some serious hardball.

Wow, so apparently VJax and some team reached terms on a one-year deal yesterday, but that team could not work out a trade with the Chargers. Wonder which team.

Edited by dukenole

Wow, so apparently VJax and some team reached terms on a one-year deal yesterday, but that team could not work out a trade with the Chargers. Wonder which team.

There's still hope for those of us that drafted this guy. Apparently the Players Association can lobby to get him off the exempt list after he serves his 3 game suspension. If a deal ever gets done we could still see him by week 4.

There's still hope for those of us that drafted this guy. Apparently the Players Association can lobby to get him off the exempt list after he serves his 3 game suspension. If a deal ever gets done we could still see him by week 4.

what are the chances of that happening? I was getting ready to drop him, but this makes me think of holding on a little longer...

Is this stiff even gonna play this year? I took him in rd. 11 in my league. Guess I can't complain considering where I took him.

I also took him in round 11 (of a 14 team league.) Here's hoping...

You have to think one of the teams was Minnesota. They have a bye in week #4 and I still believe Rice is going to be out a lot longer than what many think.

You have to think one of the teams was Minnesota. They have a bye in week #4 and I still believe Rice is going to be out a lot longer than what many think.

that works for me, dont see it happening but i wont complain

The NFL Players Association plans to request an arbitration hearing in an effort to limit Jackson's pending suspension to three games instead of six, Newsday reports.

Spin: Jackson faces a three-game suspension for violating the league's substance-abuse policy and an additional three-game ban after being placed on the Chargers' roster-exempt list on September 4. Concerns over a potential six-game suspension have made other teams hesitant in trade talks, so the players' union hopes a shorter suspension will help pave the way for a potential trade.

Might be time to hold tight and see how this all plays out.

is it worth holding onto this guy till oct 16th or whenever it is??? The more time goes by I really dont think he is going to play this year and I think AJ wants to really stick it to him

It's kind of a funny situation when you think of it. On one hand it's "The trade was worked out, but V-Jax wouldn't accept the contract". On the other it's "V-Jax had the contract but the Chargers wouldn't agree on the trade".

Thing is, this stuff goes hand and hand. If V-Jax agrees on a crazy deal, the Chargers aren't going to get much for him. If the Chargers get a lot of trade value out of it, the other team is going to want a cheap contract out of the deal. I think this is what that one update about the Rams meant by "too many moving parts" B)

keep him if the suspension is 6 games.

dump him if its 6+

Why would the suspension be more than 6 games? Are you meaning if he does NOT get traded? because yes then its an obvious dump. The latest RW post on him though says the NFLPA is trying to get the suspension taken off...so he would be eligible to play week 4. Which would also increase the chances he is traded.

yeah i took 6+ as meaning if he doesn't work anything out. then yes obvious dump if he's not gonna play.

Why would the suspension be more than 6 games? Are you meaning if he does NOT get traded? because yes then its an obvious dump. The latest RW post on him though says the NFLPA is trying to get the suspension taken off...so he would be eligible to play week 4. Which would also increase the chances he is traded.

6+ if he decides to hold out even more.

"Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole confirms that Vincent Jackson will have a hearing with an arbitrator next Thursday to determine whether the Chargers can keep him on the Roster Exempt list through Week 6.

The arbitrator will have five days to hand down a ruling, though it's expected that she could have a decision as early as the next day. The ruling will go a long way toward determining Jackson's chances of getting traded. Thus far, three teams have been given permission to discuss a potential contract with Jackson. The Rams and Seahawks are two of the teams. The Redskins, Browns, and Vikings have reportedly also shown interest. Sep. 9 - 10:34 pm et"

He has a chance to get his suspension lowered to 3 games. Anyone have any inside info on this? What are the chances of this happening you think? biiiig difference maker.

"Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole confirms that Vincent Jackson will have a hearing with an arbitrator next Thursday to determine whether the Chargers can keep him on the Roster Exempt list through Week 6.

The arbitrator will have five days to hand down a ruling, though it's expected that she could have a decision as early as the next day. The ruling will go a long way toward determining Jackson's chances of getting traded. Thus far, three teams have been given permission to discuss a potential contract with Jackson. The Rams and Seahawks are two of the teams. The Redskins, Browns, and Vikings have reportedly also shown interest. Sep. 9 - 10:34 pm et"

He has a chance to get his suspension lowered to 3 games. Anyone have any inside info on this? What are the chances of this happening you think? biiiig difference maker.

Who knows...Im hoping they lessen it because vjax already had a deal in place and AJ basically canceled it to send a message "we own your rights and you will be traded when we say so," but I can also see it being 6...I wouldnt get your hopes up but I am hoping for the suspension to be lessen

here is a good article about it http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/se...hargers-stance/ sprano is basically on board with AJ

Edited by autiger8l5

I got him in round 16 on tuesday night (Sept7th). Some owner went to draft him in the 6th rd thinking he was signed....we all told him the truth of the mattter and let him take back his pick. Fortunately, few owners probably either physically or mentally crossed him off. I had no intention of picking this guy ....but rd.16? I had to at that point, even if he doesnt play i didnt pass up myuch talent at that point.

Here to hoping he gets traded! Stop being a tightwad AJ!

Here to hoping he gets traded! Stop being a tightwad AJ!

AJ is a dbag, but he's a smart dbag. He has two aims:

1) Get the most out of the trade for Jackson.

2) Make Jackson suffer (d-bag motivated).

By waiting, he gets to enjoy watching Jackson suffer while his pay day goes down. He also knows that a desperate NFC team will up their price (see: Minnesota. Seattle and St. Louis after Sunday). He'll get more for Jackson and he'll get to make him suffer. Win Win for the D-Bag.

Do not drop Jackson.

Some team will end up owning VJax, it's only a matter of time.

Minnesota really needs him, and I really hope they don't act! I think Rams or Vikes will get him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ings/?related=1

Vincent Jackson's primary suitor looks to be the Vikings

In five days, a hearing will be held in New York to determine whether Chargers receiver Vincent Jackson will miss six games or three games if is traded during his three-game suspension for violation of the substance-abuse policy. The NFL believes he should; the NFLPA believes he shouldn't.

Either way, word is spreading that the Vikings are the team that hopes to swing a deal for Jackson, if the ultimate absence is only three games.

Last Saturday, an unnamed franchise worked out a one-year deal with Jackson's agents, who then could not work out a trade with the Chargers. That team has not been identified. On Friday, our pal Henry Lake of KFAN in Minneapolis said via Twitter that the Vikings are making a play for Jackson. Though all concerned persons and entities are keeping quiet on this one, we've done some digging and we believe that Lake is right -- and that the Vikings are the team that nearly traded for Jackson last week.

Based on the Vikings' performance on offense against the Saints on Thursday night, the Vikings surely could use him.

Vikings bye is Week 4. If the verdict is that it is 3 games only with a trade then I expect him to be a Vike in Week 5. If it is 6 all bets are off...