Sign in to follow this  
jockoe

Vincent Jackson 2010 Season Outlook

Profootballtalk.com passes along buzz that the Vikings are interested in trading for Vincent Jackson if an arbitrator keeps his suspension at three games next week. PFT doesn't cite a specific source

No specific source ???? COME ON MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, arbitrator!

Come on, Vikes!

so is week 5 sounding like when he is going to return? I have him and debating on dropping him. But i can wait till week five lol.

If/when VJax is traded and signed... when his suspension begins, he is still allowed to practice with the team during his suspension, right?

Mark my words: V-Jax will be a Charger again this season. He will return to haunt the teams that drafted Floyd and Naanee. Rain or no rain, that offense looked bad the other night, and I am betting that they return to VJ.

Mark my words: V-Jax will be a Charger again this season. He will return to haunt the teams that drafted Floyd and Naanee. Rain or no rain, that offense looked bad the other night, and I am betting that they return to VJ.

If I had been treated the way the Charger d-bag GM has treated him (and I'm not saying VJax is blameless here), there's no way on Earth I'd go back.

I will mark your words and than delete them....He will not be a Charger this year....AJ Smith willl not let that happen and Spanos backs him up. His only chance of playing is a trade.

Mark MY words: V-Jax will not play with the Chargers this year!

I will mark your words and than delete them....He will not be a Charger this year....AJ Smith willl not let that happen and Spanos backs him up. His only chance of playing is a trade.

Mark MY words: V-Jax will not play with the Chargers this year!

Fair enough. It's my call and I'm stickin' to it! Heh heh. But I won't be afraid to issue a mea culpa when it doesn't happen.

so tomorrow is the big day for v jax. so how long does everyone think that his suspension will be for???? right now it is at 6, but they are going to have the hearing and it may go down to 3.

what does everyone think??

I think the verdict is that if he gets traded its only 3 games if he stays with Chargers and not traded 6 games.

I expect the Roster Exempt suspension to be null and void if and when he is traded.

It seems to me to be more of an appeal on the wording of the suspension and the holdout, not necessarily a Roethlisburger thing where "has he been a good boy" matters. I'd expect four games depending on the legalese at which time (upon announcement) he gets traded in an already-worked-out management deal. I doubt the NFLPA would go to bat for this unless they felt they could win it.

I already have a waiver for him in one league where I have a bench seat open. Tennessee would be a good fit for him. They have one premier QB and one premier RB, and they're going to have to overtake Indy and Houston to have a chance. It'd also sell a @#$%load of ticket in SD when the Titans come to town in October.

My apologies if you drafted Kenny Britt and I just hurt your feelings...

so tomorrow is the big day for v jax. so how long does everyone think that his suspension will be for???? right now it is at 6, but they are going to have the hearing and it may go down to 3.

what does everyone think??

i really hope it goes down to 3...i believe i said this earlier but vjax had the trade in place and everything was going to workout and AJ didnt do anything with it so he ended up getting the 6...

so do we have an insider at the hearing to scribe the proceedings? that would be ideal

so do we have an insider at the hearing to scribe the proceedings? that would be ideal

hahaha, I was just going to make this exact same post! Someone should get outside the room and listen in.

wow, if vjax comes to the vikings and rice gets healthy and returns midway...brett favre is going to be FILTHY!!!!! B)!!!

On top of that having P.Harvin in the slot & ADP in the backfield...talk about weapons!

please go to Rams...please go to Rams.

Bradford + Vincent Jackson / Mark Clayton = Steve Jackson win!!!!!!!!!!

/owner of steve jackson and vincent jackson

Edited by Fitzzzzzzz

please go to Rams...please go to Rams.

Bradford + Vincent Jackson / Mark Clayton = Steve Jackson win!!!!!!!!!!

/owner of steve jackson and vincent jackson

"Bradford + Vincent Jackson / Mark Clayton = Steve Jackson win!!!!!!!!!!"...............win maybe 4 games.

If he goes to the Vikings they solidify themselves as SB contenders

where's that fly on the wall? what about the twitter? does v-jax tweet? i can't wait until tomorrow to hear what the panel decided

I have both Sidney Rice and Vincent Jackson stashed. I'm holding out on the longshot card that Jackson stays with the Chargers and Rice returns to the Vikings so that both have value down the stretch this year. I wonder how crowded it would get in Minnesota with both Rice and Jackson.

Edited by MikeF