Sign in to follow this  
jockoe

Vincent Jackson 2010 Season Outlook

IF Vjax is traded to Minny and playing in week 4, whats his trade value?? Im in need of a RB1 since Haley doesnt understand that Charles is a game changer.

Edited by UcanTry

Per RW

The NFL and the NFLPA are engaged in settlement talks that could reduce Vincent Jackson's suspension from six to five or four games if he is traded, per ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Hmm.... glad I stashed but not loving the sound of 5 games

Minn has a wk 4 bye anyway

and i think (if traded to minny) he would be eligible to practice during the bye week... please please please just 4 games!!!!

Well I applaud the Chargers for the way they handled it...

It appears guys can ask for anything and pitch fits....but in the end once they are paid they don't have to keep performing yet the team still has to pay...

Amazing stuff here that a contract really isn't a contract..

and i think (if traded to minny) he would be eligible to practice during the bye week... please please please just 4 games!!!!

This could get interesting. Just speculation on my part:

1: If he's traded to Minnesota now, does the bye week count as a game? I'm thinking it doesn't. I wonder if it would serve the Vikings better to have him on the Chargers roster that week so it counts...?

2: I don't believe he can practice while suspended. He's not allowed to attend any official team activities is my understanding.

I'm really interested in thoughts too if Sidney Rice and Jackson are both Vikings come later in the year...how does that impact their value?

Rice is going to be on crutches for another 2-3 weeks, so I don't think he'll be playing until around Thanksgiving.

This just in, on RW front page

The San Diego Union-Tribune's Kevin Acee reports that Vincent Jackson's suspension will be reduced to four games after reaching a settlement with the NFL on Thursday.

Sep. 16 - 1:37 pm et

Source: Kevin Acee on Twitter

I wonder if he can practice before he plays. This is feeling like it will shape up to a trade to Minnesota. Even the league would want that...

The Chargers have to realize that he is not signing with them. Minny is in desparate need of a WR and I think they offer a 1st or 2nd for V-Jax.

Chargers have to take it.

If it is 4 games and he is traded to the Vikings before their bye week (week 4) then V-Jax will be eligible to play Week 6.

I agree, this whole situation needs to go away quickly, which it seems it will if the Vikes are back at the table again.

If he can practice with the team during the suspension, man how huge could he be in the second half with Minnesota!

Well I just picked him up in my league, I have the luxury to wait for him to find a team and explode since my starters are Jennings, Austin, and Nicks. Feels good man.

brett favres value goes through the roof if he has both vjax and rice at his disposal! i have favre in 3 of 4 pools (big ben backing him up in those 3 for insurance)...but i'm feeling confident if favre stays healthy and he gets these 2 studs to play with.

I think the Vikes need to realize their window is almost shut. Championship or bust.... make VJax a Viking at least for fantasy purposes!

I can't imagine that if he gets traded to Minn he'd be eligible any time before week 6. The suspension is clearly "4 games", and they have a week 4 bye. Unless they can do something where Jackson stays on San Diego's roster through week 4, but I doubt they'd do that.

I can't imagine that if he gets traded to Minn he'd be eligible any time before week 6. The suspension is clearly "4 games", and they have a week 4 bye. Unless they can do something where Jackson stays on San Diego's roster through week 4, but I doubt they'd do that.

But he was already suspended for game 1, right? If I remember correctly, games he held out for still count as games he is suspended for.

This week will be the 2nd game of his 4 week suspension. Depending on the team he goes to, he'll be eligible week 5 or week 6. A bye will not count towards his suspension...

Exactly, Week 6 is earliest he can play for Minny if traded, unless he is traded after Week 4 (doubtful).

Seattle's bye week is Week 5 so Week 6 is also in play there.

STL and Washington's is Week 9.

looks like a must add at this point for the worst guy on your roster

Oh for sure, he should have been drafted in pretty much all leagues and stashed for exactly this sort of news.

I love how there is always a stud receiver to be had way later in the draft than they should be drafted because of contract or off-field issues. Last year it was Brandon Marshall and this year it is Vjax. These guys almost always end up playing and are absolutely worth the risk.

Am I correct in suggesting that in order of projected fantasy production:

Vikes

Skins

Hawks

Rams

anyone think otherwise?

Am I correct in suggesting that in order of projected fantasy production:

Vikes

Skins

Hawks

Rams

anyone think otherwise?

I dont know....with Bradford throwing as much as he did last week, and SJax keeping defenses honest, i would bump the Rams up.

Vikes

Skins

Rams

Hawks